“Low budget motel in a great location”
Review of Kings Inn

Kings Inn
Ranked #92 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I don't know if I just got lucky or what, but my stay at the Kings Inn wasn't bad (in fact, it was better than I had expected after reading the reviews). The rooms ARE small (mine did include a bed, dresser, and a small table with a chair), and the decor, tv, and bathroom ARE outdated, but the price and location are GREAT! My room was clean, didn't smell like smoke, and I saw no traces of drug use, prostitution, etc. (All of the "vagrant" type characters I saw in the area were hanging out in front of the Westin down the street) I can't comment on parking (didn't have a car) or wifi (didn't bring computer), but location was perfect for walking to Seattle Center, Pike Place Market, Pioneer Square, Westlake, etc.

All I wanted out of the room was a cheap place to shower and sleep after long days of exploring Seattle, and that's what I got.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Worst hotel I have ever stayed at anywhere! The room was tiny, garage sale furniture. No desk or chair or table. Very expensive ($150 Cdn.). Oldest bathroom fixtures I have ever seen and I'm a senior. We stay in cheap hotels all the time because we are not fussy, but this place was really bad. The only good thing was the onsite parking, but we only got that because we arrived early (11 AM) and they let us park our car. When we came back to check in at 3 PM, there was no parking left for people arriving at that time. Location was good when we finally found the place (one way streets and construction).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChattiCat
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I have stayed in some real stink holes in my time, but this one was by far the worst! When I got to my room there was marijuana stems between the sheets and it appeared the sheets had been used by a hooker just before I arrived. I also found a used tampon in the dresser drawer. When I complained to the manager, he demanded I leave and called the police. If I could have found another room anywhere in town I most certainly would have, and even seriously considered sleeping in my car. After reflection, I should have. This place is the most disgusting and vile place I have ever seen! DO NOT GO NEAR THIS PLACE!

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank Lc285
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Many guys baseball trips we have come down from Canada and stayed here. If all you need is a bed and a bathroom then this place will do just fine for you. Cheap, close-ish to everything and not that bad. Not recommended for family's by any means.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2013

It is not the Ritz BUT
Location is perfect for tourist activities we walked to everything including Jazz Alley around the corner
We slept very well with the ac on
Free parking in front of room
Save some bucks and spend it on entertainment

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Reasonably cheap motel, centrally located, meaning it's good for Pike Place, Pioneer Square, Belltown etc. I'm not going to dispute other reviews, but my room was certainly clean, the staff seemed ok to me and the noise was not too much of an issue. Remember, you are in downtown Seattle...it's gonna be noisy folks. My main gripes are the patchy wifi service and the drab and dreary bathrooms. Work on them, and you have got a real value for money motel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Kannahaklihha
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I read recent reviews and decided to stay here for one night. The hotel is in a great location. The waterfront and most tourist sites are easily walkable. There's a donut and coffee shop just two doors away for breakfast. The Wi-Fi worked well. And best of all, the downtown parking is free! The rooms are very small. The bathroom and TV are outdated. The room was reasonably clean but not spotless. But if you are looking for a bargain priced property downtown, I would recommend it. Given how small the room was, I would not recommend a long stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple