“wonderful place to stay”
Review of Ace Hotel

Ace Hotel
Ranked #56 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 6 July 2011

i loved my time at the ace hotel in seattle.

i came to this hotel after spending a weekend in portland, oregon (at the original ace hotel). i sort of expected it to be the same, but while the general feel was the same as in oregon it had a style and feel all of its own.

i stayed in a double room. it was perfectly set out. cute art on the walls, clean room with comfortable bed and good internet access. and great toiletries.

the hotel offered a free self serve breakfast each morning and good communal spaces.

i walked almost everywhere while i was staying in seattle and the location was great for that. it was about 15 or so minutes from the markets and the surrounding restaurants and bars (bathtub gin, recommended) were great. they also arranged a car to the airport that was cheaper than what lonely planet told me to expect for a taxi.

would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Ace Hotel

Reviewed 29 June 2011

We stayed at the Ace Hotel for the last leg of our Pacific Northwest trip, and seriously considered extending our flight just to we could stay another night. If only there were more hotels like this.... okay, maybe hotel isn't the right word for it. Adult Playground Hostel might be more like it.

Ace Hotel is in a perfect location, on a quiet strip of 1st avenue but less than a 10 minute walk from the Pike Place Market and downtown. The rooms look like they are out of a CB2 catalog, and despite the tight fit, they are actually decorated quite nicely & with a trendy flair. There is breakfast served every day until NOON (awesome), and the employees are very friendly. Don't be discouraged by the shared bathrooms and showers. Although a 1 second walk outside of your room is required, the bathrooms are still very private and, if anything, cleaner than many of the real hotels I've stayed at.

Long story short, stay here. You won't regret it -- and neither will your wallet.

Room Tip: Book early!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yulichka217
Reviewed 14 June 2011

We spent the weekend at ACE and it was a positive stay overall but go in with your eyes open because it wont be to everyone's taste. The older building is renovated and has a friendly staff with a great location close to all the major attractions. Rooms are small and clean, Our room had a large 6 foot high orange and red Obey Andre the giant art mural covering an entire wall that dominated everything. Our corner room bordered two busy streets and was above a bar so lots of noise pretty much all night. I would request a back or interior room with less noise next time. The rooms have only a small metal sink and shared bathrooms. I was OK with the bathrooms but my boyfriend felt they lacked privacy and made the whole thing feel like a youth hostel or dorm.

Room Tip: Get a back or side room with partial ocean view
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank darren022
Reviewed 14 June 2011

The Ace is a good bet for your money, if you're traveling on a budget. We got the standard room with the shared bath; the room was small but clean and the bed was comfy. Our room was facing the outer wall which is right above a lively street with lots of activity well past 3 am, but luckily we had ear plugs. The shared bathroom situation is fine; there was never a wait for one to open up and they do lock, so you have it to yourself once inside.

The best thing about this Ace was the included continental breakfast: make-your-own-waffle station, fresh juice, Stumptown coffee (in to go cups!), bread and a toaster, granola, yogurt and fruit. It had everything I would want.

Room Tip: Ask for an interior facing room.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kris U
Reviewed 25 February 2011

I had been to the ACE hotel in NYC (not to stay, to eat & drink) and liked the style and vibe there. After looking at the Seattle web-site, I decided to book an overnight from Victoria, B.C. on a sea plane.Turned out upon arrival I had booked the wrong night, but they still had a room availible. Lucky it wasn't summer! Its a two story walk-up so there are no high floors or views, but when I travel, I just want a safe & clean place to sleep, shower and store my belongings. The ACE in Seattle fulfilled my requirements.

I was also fortunate to check in/out with Ed. He was very polite, professional, and personable. He gladly answered all my questions and gave me some tips and suggestions for places to go and see.

The hotel is located in the "Belltown" neighbourhood and there are loads of bars & restaurants within walking distance. I walked from Lake Union (float plane terminal) to the hotel then from there to PIKES PLACE Mrkt, the waterfront wharf district, through downtown, Pioneer Square, the football stadium, and then all the way back across d-town to the Spcae Needle in one afternoon/evening. At night I walked to a cool bar that Ed recomended. Its a secret Seattle location that only a local would know. From there the bartender sent me to the SPUR Restaurant where I had to try and not order everything off the menu. After 5 courses, incl. dessert, I walked it off. The area is safe but you need to keep your wits about you. There seemed to be alot of vagrants around so I just keeped on moving.

I would definitley recomend the ACE Seattle to friends in my age range (20's to late 30's), but it's not for eveyone. As one of the reviews stated, the ACE Seattle is a cool adult hostel. But a really cool,hip, claen, and safe adult hostel!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 February 2011

Ace hotel is indeed Ace. Great decor, not having a bathroom wasn’t an issue as i never had problems getting an available one (which were always VERY clean). The staff were great, from first impressions they could have been very pretentious, but definitely weren’t and proved to be very helpful (my boyfriends down-to-earth Yorkshire mum thought so too as she ended up speaking to them a number of occasions trying to arrange for my driving licence to be couriered there which I had accidently left at home and was embarking on US road trip!). I’ve also stayed at the ACE in Portland, so having breakfast here was an added bonus – and the coffee was of course great.

It’s a short walk (10/15 mins) to what many may consider to be the ‘hub of Seattle’, but don't be put off by this as they are many great cafe’s bars and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 December 2010

We stayed at the Ace hotels in Portland, New York and Seattle on our most recent trip to the states and while we loved them all, the Seattle Ace was definitely not in the same league as the others (although it was also a lot cheaper). It was more like a trendy hostel than a hotel. That said, the staff were incredible, our room was cute (but very small), and the small touches (like stumptown coffee in the breakfast room) made it a great experience. Everything was clean and super safe and while the belltown area felt a little sketchy at times, it was close to plenty of great music venues and restaurants, and a short trip from capitol hill, which was definitely our favourite area.

Even though Ace Seattle lacked the buzz of the New York and Portland Ace hotels, I still wouldn't hesitate to recommend to recommend this hotel to young singles or couples for short stays in Seattle

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple