US$359
US$323
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$373/night.

Mediterranean Inn(Seattle)
US$331
US$249
  • Fitness centre
US$260
US$251
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$279/night.

US$279
US$251
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$301/night.

US$264
US$253
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$338/night.

US$272
US$260
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$337/night.

US$391
US$238
US$225
US$595
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$678/night.

All reviewsshared bathroomyogurtstumptown coffeeyouth hosteldeluxe roomheavy luggageno liftwaffle makerbody washmake your own waffleship hotelbreakfast roombars and restaurantswithin walking distancelocation is greatbreakfast was includedrooms are small
Reviewed 9 October 2011

I stayed here with a friend for 1 night before our cruise.
The location is great, just a couple of blocks away from pike market and the space needle not far either.
The room was clean and very morden. We booked a room without the bathroom as we were staying for just 1 night. The shared bathrooms where very nice and always clean.
The lady at reception was very help.
The only thing I would say is that there was no lift!!!! However, staff at the hotel do help with the bags.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 October 2011

We were really excited to check out the Ace, but I doubt we'd ever go back. I know it was their first hotel, but you'd think they have the money for some basic upgrades by now.
Tons of cons:
The room was pretty minimalist, and we were surprised by the lack of basic amenities- no dresser, no closet, and only 2 hangers provided to hang your stuff on a pipe projecting from the wall. It felt very spartan, and we kept tapping on the panel walls, in hopes of finding a secret door or cabinet.
The only mirror is a strip that runs across the wall, around 5 feet high. So we had to stand on the bed in an attempt to see how we looked before we went to a birthday party.
The bathoom had no surfaces to unpack anything. The door to the bathroom hangs from the ceiling, so there is no auditory privacy.
The sky light is nice in the day time, but it made it impossible for us to sleep in.
Pros:
The bathroom had nice shampoo/conditioner.
The bed was comfortable.
The view from our window was nice.
Location is great, and though we had to street park, it was very easy to negotiate.
Breakfast is fine- lots of self serve options. There is half & half for the coffee, which was Stumptown.
The hair dryer I obtained from the front desk worked well.
All in all, I think we could have done better for $200/night.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AJeanA
Reviewed 21 September 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Ace for 2 nights in August. We loved the uniqueness of the hotel; the decor in each room is different and super-cool and I haven't stayed anywhere else quite like it before. The location in Belltown is excellent and in easy walking distance to restaurants, bars, shops and Pike Place Market. Staff were really friendly and helpful and seemed keen to chat and offer advice. The self-serve continental breakfast was good (I particularly liked the make-your-own waffles) and the lack-of ensuite bathroom wasn't an issue due to the sheer number of shared bathrooms.
One downside for us was that our room was right above The Cyclops Bar and therefore pretty noisy. We'd been in the bar earlier (excellent burgers and cocktails - I recommend the Pink Eye) but the music seemed to go on pretty late and we didn't get an amazing nights sleep. But I imagine our room was the noisiest as we were right above it and we didn't ask to move, so can't complain too much. Because of this and lack of private bathrooms, I'd recommend The Ace to younger people. I'd defintely return but request a different room (or stay out later!)

Room Tip: Ask for a room that isn't above the bar
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2011

I stayed here with my husband for three nights in September. We really liked the simplicity of the hotel, both in terms of decor and set up (the staff leave you yo your own devices unless you ask for something). The location was good to, about halfway between Pike Place and the Space Needle. We were initially unsure about sharing a bathroom with the other guests, but it was fine. I figured that people pay hundreds of pounds to stay at spa hotels and wander round in their robes, and this was no different! The bathrooms were all spotlessly clean, and there was always one free. The staff on reception were always friendly and helpful, making fab recommendations for eating/drinking. We would never have found Bathtub Gin without them!

But I have to turn to the downsides. Our first night there was a Saturday, and it was pretty noisy from the bar downstairs until about 0230. We were also in the middle of a random heatwave, and with no air con in the room, just a desk fan, it was HOT! I am keen on a cold room, so others may not have had as much of an issue as me. It's true there was no wardrobe, but we were living out of out cases anyway, so we weren't worried about that. I guess the othernthing would be the size of the room, about the size of a double (not the master) bedroom in a modern house in the UK. We thought it was OK, but probably smaller than most would expect, especially in the US.

The negative bits really didn't worry us, and I'd def recommend to others, just maybe not on a hot Saturday night!

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 8 September 2011

If you haven't yet stayed at one the Ace hotel's (Seattle, Portland, New York), you should. Simple rooms with special touches like the decor or the sweet little radio/IPod dock. Seattle's version is located right in Belltown and within walking distance of everything worth seeing.
They also seem to have cornered the market on hip front desk people with an ear to the ground on what's happening in Seattle.

Room Tip: FYI - ACE has euro style bathrooms, ie shared. But they are clean, large and there are plenty.
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends