Ace Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Inn at El Gaucho(Seattle)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
Kings Inn(Seattle)
Warwick Seattle(Seattle)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsshared bathroomyogurtstumptown coffeeyouth hosteldeluxe roomdiy wafflesheavy luggageno liftwaffle machinebody washmake your own waffleship hotelbreakfast roombars and restaurantspike marketwithin walking distancelocation is great
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Superb place, simple but stylish and very welcoming. We absolutely loved the artsy interior and the layout of the place. Staff couldn't be more helpful and even gave us a free upgrade on our last evening after they made a mistake with our room booking.
The only downside was our first room was above a busy, noisy bar and had no air con but the fan cooling us down also provided a good, steady alternative noise to the bar!
No question though, we'd stay there again if we were in Seattle.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 31 October 2011

The only not so great thing is the breakfast. The rest is just great

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 9 October 2011

I stayed here with a friend for 1 night before our cruise.
The location is great, just a couple of blocks away from pike market and the space needle not far either.
The room was clean and very morden. We booked a room without the bathroom as we were staying for just 1 night. The shared bathrooms where very nice and always clean.
The lady at reception was very help.
The only thing I would say is that there was no lift!!!! However, staff at the hotel do help with the bags.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 October 2011

We were really excited to check out the Ace, but I doubt we'd ever go back. I know it was their first hotel, but you'd think they have the money for some basic upgrades by now.
Tons of cons:
The room was pretty minimalist, and we were surprised by the lack of basic amenities- no dresser, no closet, and only 2 hangers provided to hang your stuff on a pipe projecting from the wall. It felt very spartan, and we kept tapping on the panel walls, in hopes of finding a secret door or cabinet.
The only mirror is a strip that runs across the wall, around 5 feet high. So we had to stand on the bed in an attempt to see how we looked before we went to a birthday party.
The bathoom had no surfaces to unpack anything. The door to the bathroom hangs from the ceiling, so there is no auditory privacy.
The sky light is nice in the day time, but it made it impossible for us to sleep in.
Pros:
The bathroom had nice shampoo/conditioner.
The bed was comfortable.
The view from our window was nice.
Location is great, and though we had to street park, it was very easy to negotiate.
Breakfast is fine- lots of self serve options. There is half & half for the coffee, which was Stumptown.
The hair dryer I obtained from the front desk worked well.
All in all, I think we could have done better for $200/night.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AJeanA
Reviewed 21 September 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Ace for 2 nights in August. We loved the uniqueness of the hotel; the decor in each room is different and super-cool and I haven't stayed anywhere else quite like it before. The location in Belltown is excellent and in easy walking distance to restaurants, bars, shops and Pike Place Market. Staff were really friendly and helpful and seemed keen to chat and offer advice. The self-serve continental breakfast was good (I particularly liked the make-your-own waffles) and the lack-of ensuite bathroom wasn't an issue due to the sheer number of shared bathrooms.
One downside for us was that our room was right above The Cyclops Bar and therefore pretty noisy. We'd been in the bar earlier (excellent burgers and cocktails - I recommend the Pink Eye) but the music seemed to go on pretty late and we didn't get an amazing nights sleep. But I imagine our room was the noisiest as we were right above it and we didn't ask to move, so can't complain too much. Because of this and lack of private bathrooms, I'd recommend The Ace to younger people. I'd defintely return but request a different room (or stay out later!)

Room Tip: Ask for a room that isn't above the bar
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple