“A hidden bathroom & great staff!”
Review of Ace Hotel

Ace Hotel
Ranked #55 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Boston, Massachusetts
“A hidden bathroom & great staff!”
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Unlike a lot of other people, I'd never heard of "Ace" so when I arrived I was very surprised. The entrance was nothing like most hotels and when you get to reception there's a beautiful wooden table with a fish tank next to it. Your room even has a real key.

The hotel is small and I wasn't aware that not all rooms have bathrooms. My room had a bathroom but it took me a few minutes to find it. Why? Because it was behind a large revolving mirror wall! Very cool. The room wasn't huge but had a king size bed, desk, tv, stainless steel sink and open shower. Plus two very cozy robes.

What I liked the most was the staff. They were very nice and very helpful in guiding me around the city and suggesting restaurants to try.

The location is perfect and while the price wasn't exactly cheap, it wasn't much different from the neighboring hotels. Plus, you get a unique experience.

Room Tip: Get a deluxe room so you don't have to share a bathroom.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 June 2012

The Ace Hotel is, well, "ace". Very friendly and helpful staff at checkin. Great design and location in Belltown, not far from Pike Place Market and near tons of great restaurants, shops and bars. A great breakfast was included. Downsides (which didn't bother me but might be an issue for some): There's a steep staircase to get to reception, which is on the 2nd floor of an old but cool building. But staff was great about volunteering to help with luggage. There's no on-site parking. The hotel offers parking for a fee in an unattended lot a couple of blocks away.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed 5 June 2012

The good:

Clean, friendly staff, good service, decent location near Pikes Market and nightlife in Belltown.

The bad:

Must pay extra not to use the community bathroom and have one in your own room. Amenities aren't good.

Their breakfast is just coffee and cereal with some fruit and oatmeal. No gym. Very minimalist. It's basically just a room that serves a purpose as a place to sleep. Not very I'd say if you can afford it try somewhere else. But if you're looking for a budget hotel, you might be OK with this.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ming-O-Matic
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 1 June 2012

My boyfriend and I are in our mid-twenties and we were staying in Seattle for the Roger Waters Show and en-route to Sasquatch Music Festival. I work as a travel agent and was really excited to stay at this property b/c I had heard a lot of buzz about the hotels in New York and Palm Springs. Firstly, I was BLOWN AWAY. The location is fabulous, a short walk to Key Arena really helped, a few blocks to Pikes, shopping is just a little stroll away... and plus you are in a great pub neighbourhood. The reception area is so cute and my boyfriend and I hung out at the beautiful wood table and watched the fish (and shrimp) in the fish tank. When walking to our room you cant help but notice the beautiful view peaking out at the end of the hall of the water over the neighbouring buildings. Our room was cozy and very clean and the soap on a rope made me laugh. We stayed in the room without a bathroom and I couldnt have enjoyed it more... I met so many lovely people walking up and down the hallways. The waffles for the continental breakfast were to die for and the staff are so friendly. I LOVE THIS HOTEL. And will be back - thank you Ace Hotel Seattle!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Fountain Valley, California
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Stayed here last summer on a whim during a 3 week road trip cut short.
didn't have reservations but was able to get a great room overlooking the sound. I think I paid a few extra dollars for that.
It was an incredibly warm summer day in July and I had a harder time than I'm sure was usual to cool it down.
The bed was ok. It was quite firm.
The area is fun during the day but even in the day time, it gets a bit hairy. Some kid was smoking crack in the alley under my window. I called out, "I see you!" Good job. Go get 'em, me.
The breakfast is fantastic!! Very attentive staff. The front desk was very helpful and concerned about me traveling solo in the city. Seemed very personable. I wanted to steal all the terrariums.
Parking can suck but the parking meters accepts credit cards.

Room Tip: Pay the few extra dollars for the more scenic room!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
brooklyn, ny
Reviewed 8 May 2012 via mobile

The Ace is awesome. The second we walked in we were greeted by the incredibly friendly and helpful front desk. It was low season so he upgraded us for free and gave us great recommendations for food and stuff to do. The breakfast is really nice and you can't beat free stumptown coffee all day long! Super cool rooms, overall a great vibe. Would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2012
Toronto
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Drove down to Seattle from Vancouver for my wife's birthday and she's been dying to stay at an Ace Hotel. We weren't disappointed! It's just like others have described it...a hostel for Adults. People were walking around in pyjamas at night/early morning and it just had a very cozy cool vibe. It's not your typical hotel so if you aren't flexible and open to new things you'll have a bad experience. Don't go! The continental breakfast was simple but fun. Fresh waffles, good Stumptown coffee, and clean. We were upgraded to room with its own washroom at no extra charge because I mentioned it was my wife's birthday. They also included a nice birthday greeting in our room. To everyone at Ace: keep on doing what you're doing! To those who are intrigued: give it a whirl!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple