“Cool, but not quite right”
Review of Ace Hotel

Ace Hotel
Ranked #56 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Melbourne, Australia
“Cool, but not quite right”
Reviewed 23 March 2008

Great idea, but not such a great execution. I had a private room with a really cool hidden door to bathroom, but short cuts were clearly taken. Shower not the cleanest, bed not comfortable at all. My room had no access to natural light, but found out at end of stay I could have asked for another room. Would highly suggest rooms with shared baths instead.

• Liked — The location is great.
  • Disliked — Not well maintained.
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled on business
3 Thank GlobalDavidG

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 7 March 2008

Great Hotel thats different but balanced. Nice touches combined with good value, More rock and roll than other hotels, a younger outlook provides a breath of fresh air.

• Liked — Style, Value
  • Disliked — parking
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank triclops
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 12 February 2008

This is an excellent hostel-like hotel and very clean, and you can't beat the location for the price in downtown Seattle! We normally drive down for the day and shop around, but this was our first where we got to take it easy and enjoyed walking around the neighbourhood. Lots of good-looking places and a wide variety of choices to eat within blocks.
We stayed in room 111 which was central and faced away from the busy 1st ave (plus the washroom hall across from us) There were at least 3 or 4 private washrooms with shower stalls that you can choose from.
Sundays are free meter parking downtown which worked perfectly for us since we arrived that day, and just had to get up before 8am the next morning to feed the meters.
It was nice to go to the common kitchen area and help myself to some good brewed coffee. I think they offered toast, cereal and fruits, but I went back to the room!
I did notice how comfy the beds were to sleep on - no sore neck or back! And even though i thought the wool blankets were a bit sparse, i was warm!!
We had tasty, hand-crafted pizzas from "Serious Pie" on Virginia and 3rd, and had breakfast at CJ's Eatery, a couple blocks down from the Ace (both recommendations from the staff!)

• Liked — Felt like being in a studio apartment with just necessities
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KLK111
Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed 20 January 2008

We stayed at the Ace Hotel in Seattle for just one night, and it was exactly what we needed. We found it to be a modern, chic little hotel with clean accomodations and a friendly staff. The manager, Ed, was great! He watched our bags for us while we explored Belltown, and at one point came running after me to bring me the camera I had left behind. Such courtesy! I'd definitely stay there again.

• Liked — The courtesy of the staff, the location, the decor...
  • Disliked — The steps were a bit steep coming in, might be difficult for the disabled.
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank madjack163
Vancouver
Reviewed 16 January 2008

A very nice clean place. Stayed in a room with shared bath for 2 nights. Parking lot is two blocks away from the hotel by daily rate (you need to obtain a parking pass from the hotel). Convenience location and close to bus stop (about 5-10 mins). Take only 10-15 mins bus to Capitol Hill. The only bad things were that there was loud noise at night as our room is facing the street (we stayed there on a Friday and Saturday night). All and all it was a nice stay.

• Stayed August 2005
1 Thank Connect10dots
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 12 January 2008

We stayed in Seattle at the Ace Hotel for 5 days and we loved it. It is in a great location in Belltown, directly opposite the Macrina Bakery, which is quite possibly the best breakfast/brunch/lunch place in Seattle, wtih fabulous baked goods.

All the staff were very friendly and helpful. Upon check-in, the friendly receptionist (whose name I forgot to ask...sorry!) gave us 4 fabulous food recommendations in the city, all of which we tried and loved. Being the foodies that we are, it's extemely important to us that we get good recommendations from the locals.

The room was small, but totally adequate and the shared bathrooms and shower rooms were spotlessly clean. We enjoyed the simplicity of the hotel and the little extra touches, like the adjustable lighting, music in the bathrooms, and all the free, current magazines available in the lobby. The breakfast granola was really yummy, too.

For the location, the amenities, and the price, I'd say the Ace is hard to beat.

Stayed January 2008
Maui, HI
Reviewed 28 December 2007

OMG! At the last minute my husband and I decided to take a last minute, spontaneous trip for a conference in the state of Washington. The service of the staff, especially the manager made the trip for us both! I flew from Hawaiii and my husband flew in from Michigan. I arrived early and tired to the hotel, but I was accomodated immediately with a lovely room. In the first room we stayed at there was a glass shower behind the bed. How wild is that? Then we were upgraded into another chic room that had a revolving bathroom door with a mirror on it. My husband thought it was the coolest thing and would like to build one in our house. The complimentary breakfast and the mint scented amenities were nice to have. The ambiance of the place was so warm and cozy. The manager gave us a list of great places to dine at and visit and we enjoyed them all! Truly, it was the warm and kind service that made me feel at home and welcomed to the beautiful state of Washington. I strongly recommend giving the manager a raise! Thank you for having us. We look forward to making a trip back!

• Liked — Service from management and hotel staff!
  • Disliked — We had to leave...
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled on business