My fiance and I stayed in the cheaper/standard room at the Ace Hotel in February 2014. We absolutely loved it! The whole experience was basically like staying at your hip friend's artsy loft, in terms of perks and pitfalls. In other reviews, I've read that there is a young, partying crowd at the Ace, but I observed mostly quiet couples in their late 20s through early 40s. Once couple brought their toddler!
- Aesthetically pleasing, minimalist decor in each and every corner. Clean accommodations.
- Great location in a fun neighborhood that is tucked away from the fast-paced downtown/Pike's Place area. Lots of great bars and restaurants within a 3 block radius of the hotel.
- Walkable distance to Pike's Place, as well as the Space Needle area.
- Friendly, helpful staff who were not overbearing.
- Free magazines and cucumber-infused water in the lobby.
- Complimentary breakfast of yogurt, granola, waffles, fruit.
- Coffee and tea anytime.
- Free DVD rental (including nostalgic gems like The Goonies)
- Excellent indie music softly playing in the hallways.
- Nice-smelling soaps from Rudy's Barbershop in the showers.
-Tons of outlets available to charge your devices (this is usually an issue at other hotels)
- Street noise is loud (just like your cool friend's place), particularly at night
- Temperature control of the room was temperamental
- Showers had variable water temperature/control
- I wouldn't call the bed luxurious, especially if you are over 6 feet tall.
- Slightly cramped room, at least for the cheaper option.
Overall, I'm really happy with the experience!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers and Odigeo so you can book your Ace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.