“Excellent Experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #56 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Excellent Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

My fiance and I stayed in the cheaper/standard room at the Ace Hotel in February 2014. We absolutely loved it! The whole experience was basically like staying at your hip friend's artsy loft, in terms of perks and pitfalls. In other reviews, I've read that there is a young, partying crowd at the Ace, but I observed mostly quiet couples in their late 20s through early 40s. Once couple brought their toddler!

Perks:
- Aesthetically pleasing, minimalist decor in each and every corner. Clean accommodations.
- Great location in a fun neighborhood that is tucked away from the fast-paced downtown/Pike's Place area. Lots of great bars and restaurants within a 3 block radius of the hotel.
- Walkable distance to Pike's Place, as well as the Space Needle area.
- Friendly, helpful staff who were not overbearing.
- Free magazines and cucumber-infused water in the lobby.
- Complimentary breakfast of yogurt, granola, waffles, fruit.
- Coffee and tea anytime.
- Free DVD rental (including nostalgic gems like The Goonies)
- Excellent indie music softly playing in the hallways.
- Nice-smelling soaps from Rudy's Barbershop in the showers.
-Tons of outlets available to charge your devices (this is usually an issue at other hotels)

Cons:
- Street noise is loud (just like your cool friend's place), particularly at night
- Temperature control of the room was temperamental
- Showers had variable water temperature/control
- I wouldn't call the bed luxurious, especially if you are over 6 feet tall.
- Slightly cramped room, at least for the cheaper option.

Overall, I'm really happy with the experience!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank M A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

Super cute, comfy, cozy, great location, crazy clean, we loved it! All the staff was extra nice. Yummy coffee, bonus beautiful terrarium in the lobby to get lost in. Thank you, Ace Hotel! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Ille_paguro
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

We booked on line not noing what we would find,and WOW.
A small immaculate, comfortable hotel. Clean, crisp sheets, and friendly staff. Convenient to City Center and retaurants. We would recommend the Cyclops restaurant/pub next door. A continental breakfast is included. $109.00 with shared bath, $175.00 with private bath. We were automatically up graded for our second night's stay.
Traffic noise was not a problem from our room, neither was the bar, This was the week during the New Year.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank Judith M
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

Stayed there for three nights on business back in late November 2013, this was my second time at this hotel and loved it again! I had booked a small room and on arrival I was told that they did not have one available and could offer a mini room. I wasn't happy about it so they gave me an attic room which is equivalent to a small room. However to get to the attic seems a trip so I came down to reception again and the staff that is very friendly and helpful then gave me a small room as it was what I had booked.
Rooms are funky and cool but functional. The bed is great and the sheets too. Quiet with no noise. Bathroom is very good with those taps old style, shower/water pressure is very powerful! The bar is great too and there are always people hanging around creating a great atmosphere. I like it a lot so when back to NYC will be back to the Ace hotel!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank edolondon1965
Friday Harbor, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

The Ace Hotels are fantastic; charming, quirky, and generally a great value. However....I stayed in the Seattle hotel and had a room facing the street. Big mistake. Downstairs there is a bar that was open unitl past 2 AM. People congregated outside smoking and talking endlessly. And then there was the traffic which continued all night long. First Ave is a major street.

The thing is that they installed single pane windows and the shade doesn't offer much in the way of sound proofing. So the noise was a constant and I just couldn't sleep soundly without being woken up by the various noises. This isn't usually a problem for me, and at the Ace, the beds are so comfy that I was surprised I slept so poorly.

My point is, that if you are staying here (and you should) don't accept a room facing First Ave unless you are staying up late and coming back with altered consciousness so you can sleep.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street are very noisy.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
13 Thank ben c
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

I was so grateful I found this little. diamond in Seattle , I practically fell on my knees and kiis the floor at check in. Everything was totally booked in Seattle the weekend I arrived and every hotell I call wanted at least $300 a night. So I sat at Oddfellows a fabulous bistro in Cap HIll and sampled all their delicious food and drinks whhile I called every hotel in town and searched frantically on Airbnb. Then I finally told the hostess my dilemma and she said call, The Ace Hotel. Well they had a few rooms left and I was able to get a room. When I arrived at the Ace, I immediately relaxed. There was a wonderful scent in the air (fresh and calm) and iced cucumber water in the lobby. When I walked in my room it was a big fluffy white bed and a window and a nice few. I had remote controls for the both the TV and the stereo, and the heater was at my finger tips and worked instantly. The decor was simple and smart, with wood shelved and metal pipes as support. I absolutely loved it. Then , I find out breakfast is included along with the best coffee in town (waffles, yogurt, granola, cereal, juices. I was soo happy and satisfied and I felt so safe too. I highly recommend the Ace and can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Love my room because it was close to the front entrance. and bathrooms
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank mimibell
Canterbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Me and my girlfriend just got back from a great little break in Seattle.
We loved the hotel and all its little quirks! Super comfy beds and pillows were much appreciated.
The breakfast was nice, with the waffle maker, yogurts, cereal and toast.
Plenty to get you set up for the day, and it finishes at 12pm rather than those typical hotel breakfasts which zoom by whilst you're still in bed!
The area was pretty good, with some great happy hour spots just minutes away.
The nice girl on reception recommend LIST, which whilst looking a bit 'swanky' at first is actually a little gem featuring some good deals on Sundays & Mondays with their all day happy hour.
The bathrooms were clean and well maintained, with nothing out of place.
The showers themselves were a good size, with plenty of space in the room to get changed afterwards too.
The hotel is bare bones, but in a good way. The boutique style is refreshing, and the minimalistic layout is very well designed without being pretentious. If you're a laid back guest, looking for something a little bit different in Seattle then give The Ace a try. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple