“Awesome vibe, great peeps, but pretty expensive” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ace Hotel

Ace Hotel
Ranked #57 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Awesome vibe, great peeps, but pretty expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed a few nights at the Ace at the start of May. It was a thoroughly positive experience - the place is in a great location, within an easy walk of plenty of attractions including Pike Place and the myriad pubs and restaurants that Belltown offers. The hotel was really enjoyable, with a great vibe and friendly staff and lots of quirky functions.
If I had any criticism, it would be over the price. At the best part of $200 per night this isn't cheap, and while we had a great time, the hotel feels more like an upscale youth hostel than a luxury hotel - breakfast is a cook-your-own-waffle-and-grab-a-coffee-from-the-flask affair rather than a sumptuous buffet, and while the rooms are comfortable they're not flush with extras. Those expecting great luxury may feel a bit shortchanged, but if you like the youth hostel experience with a bit of upscaling, you'll be right at home if your wallet doesn't mind.

Room Tip: Be aware that some rooms don't have toilets - you have to go across the hall to use the faciliti...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Korean first
Prince George, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

So I read about the Ace Hotel in some magazines I read. I wanted to check it out for myself. I love the decor! The decor is lean and spare, with cool touches. On the wall, there was a pattern for folding origami, and there was origami paper available to practice! Sadly I am awful at origami but I loved the creative touch.

The beds were super comfortable, and the shower was spacious. If I have one complaint, it is that the sun came beaming into our room and woke us up early. I suspect that is not usually a problem in Seattle - LOL! I really enjoyed our stay!

Room Tip: There are rooms with bathrooms. Just ask! If you are there on the weekend, parking on the street i...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I loved staying here. The staff was really friendly and even stopped to discuss previous trips I've taken to the Ace in Palm Springs. The location is great, walking distance to just about everything. I took the Orca from the airport and it was a quick walk to the hotel from there. The neighborhood is great with plenty of restaurants and shopping. The rooms are clean with plenty of space and very quiet. I loved the sort of community breakfast and make your own waffle station! I will definitely stay here again/recommend to others to stay here in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Mansfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Did a road trip last year and had the pleasure of stopping here. It's a superb hip hotel in a great location and really helpful staff. If I ever have the pleasure of visiting Seattle again i will be booking in here many thanks.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Holland, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent part of our honeymoon at the Ace hotel. It was conveniently located within walking distance of many Seattle attractions. We took the Light rail from Seatac to Westlake
Station and the hotel is about a 15
Minute walk. The shared bathrooms were very clean and there was never a wait.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

The Ace Hotel is a rock solid hotel, clean, and nicely located near the main Seattle tourist spots. There are a good places to eat and drink near by. Major bus stops are also close by.

Warm, friendly, and knowledgeable staff. We arrived in the late morning and were able to checking in a little bit early.

Our room had a private bathroom. The layout of the room was simple and modern. Our windows faced the street and got a little noisy at times, nothing major, but something worth mentioning. The room had a small refrigerator, flat screen TV that was mounted slightly too high, a snack bar with some chips and candy bars for about $2. There was also two complimentary condoms in ball mason jar. I believe they were free, but bring your own if you don't want to take a chance.

There are two washing machines and two dryers on the floor with the breakfast room. I recalled it was $4 for a wash, but cannot remember the cost of drying.

Breakfast offering was pretty standard: self-made waffle, granola cereal, apples, oranges, yogurt, and toast. Coffee, tea, milk, and soy milk were available. There was also a couple of vending machines.

Good place to stay if you want to be walkable to the major Seattle tourist spots.

Room Tip: Complimentary condoms are a nice touch.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

We went to Seattle a couple of days before our cruise to Alaska and I decided to take a chance on this place. It had good reviews and very good prices for its location. We flew in to Seattle and took the SeaTac to Westlake station. There we lugged our luggage a half a mile to the hotel(too cheap to pay for a taxi:)). Great location, basically around all the great things in Seattle.

They were VERY friendly and made us feel at home. The rooms are small but cozy, I really enjoyed cranking down the little window unit and relaxing. The bathrooms were not a problem at all and very clean! The breakfast is good, the waffle batter they use is delicious. When it was time to go cruising, we just walked like 2 blocks right to the Pier. Everything worked out very well and I would definitely come back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple