“Such a perfect place ”
Review of Ace Hotel

Ace Hotel
Ranked #59 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Clean, inviting rooms, thoughtful touches (q-tips and cotton balls in a jar), spacious showers, fantastic service- and the location! Two blocks from Pike and maybe four or five blocks from the needle. Excellent nightlife surrounding the area. Parking is a pain, but it's Seattle- it's a pain everywhere. In the future I would take advantage of their offered parking pass ($26 a day with in and out privileges) and then mainly rely on public transit.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Cara H

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We recieved excellent service, extremely helpful. Loved the rooms and furnishings, very young and trendy. We stayed here when it was 90 degrees so had the aircon blasting which was a little noisy. The breakfast muesli was yummy, better than other places we have stayed. Great location close to Pike Market and lots of restaurants right outside.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Our family of three spent three nights at the Ace Hotel. From the friendly and helpful staff, especially Nathan and Ed, to the cleanliness of both rooms and bathrooms, to the variety of breakfast choices, and most of all the LOCATION, the Ace was perfect for us! We booked a room with a shared bath, where we never needed to wait as we wore the suppled bathrobes and used the amenities in the boutique-style bathrooms (shampoo, piped in music, etc). Our room overlooked First Avenue which was a bit loud with the bar beneath, but it was a great view of the action below. We are returning for another night at the end of the week to end our stay in Seattle and to banter with Ed and Nathan! We highly recommended this hotel, and don't be nervous about a shared bath. Staff had our son's rollaway bed all ready for him to crawl into. The location of the Ace couldn't be better. Walking distance to the Space Needle, Sculpture Garden, Pike Market, etc. You won't need a car.

Room Tip: If you can handle late night noise, overlooking First Avenue was fun. Room supplies earplugs if you...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank damat001
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Hip, modern and minimal. We had everything we needed at the Ace Hotel but in miniature. The room only held the bed, a small sink, a desk and chair and a little space to walk around the bed but it was cool. The room was white, except for the wooden furniture and stainless steel shelves and sink. One wall was covered with repurposed pages from an old dictionary (with illustrations).

The room was also cheaper than most rooms in Seattle, probably because of the size and the shared (very clean) bathroom. It was downtown in a respectable area, not seedy.

I would stay there again if I could get one of the outer rooms where the window looks out onto the street instead of onto an inner patio area. I would not recommend it for anybody with mobility issues. The front desk is at the top of a full flight of stairs and there are no elevators. I also would not recommend the breakfast for anybody with a milk allergy. They offered coffee, juice, cereal with milk, yogurt, waffles, toast with butter, all of which is plenty for most people.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LizCordoba
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I read the reviews & did my research - so I knew what to expect. 1. STAIRS. You have to carry your luggage from the street up a steep flight of stairs to reach the receptionist desk. (It was no problem for me - but might be for others). 2. SHARED BATHS (no showers or toilets in the room) - but there are 5 shared baths, so there was no waiting - and they were very clean. And there were bathrobes in the room. 3. MIGHT BE NOISY - its an old building, with wood floors, in the middle of the city.(I brought ear plugs - but I did not need them).
So If you know what to expect - You would like the Ace Hotel.
Location was great if you are catching the Victoria Clipper at Pier 69 (8 minute walk with my luggage). The people at the receptionist desk were very helpful. And even though the breakfast room officially opens at 7:00 - the workers setting up got out the granola & milk out for me so I could have some breakfast before I checked out before 6:30 am.

Room Tip: Ask for an inward facing room or back facing room. I got an inward facing room & it was quite e...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank cy-kona
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed 3 nights here. Its in the heart of Belltown and within walking distance of the major attractions. The entrance is between 2 neighborhood bars in a rather old building. Was somewhat unsure about the place when we first got there. went up the stairs and registered. Lobby is rather spartan, but the staff was friendly. Our room was very basic. Had a bed, desk sofa and a rod to hang clothrs. It was on the back side of the hotel and this proved to be good as it was very quiet. Apparently some rooms dont have baths as there were several full size bathrooms off the main aisle. They serve a very basic breakfast with waffles, cereal, yogurt, juice and coffee. The room was clean and basic and a little cramped. However, for the economy traveler, it did its purpose. Would stay again. Very friendly staff.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a deluxe room with a bathroom.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I've stayed at the Ace in Portland and in NYC, so I was really excited to check out the Seattle location. This hotel is more like a boutique hostel. If you like style, but you're on a budget, this should be right up your alley. I booked a Standard Shared Bath room which was $109.00/night and stayed there for three nights. I was in town to run the Seattle Rock N Roll Half-Marathon, so I needed to sleep early and well. Unfortunately, my room was on the warm & stuffy side and didn't have air conditioning. The room was super musty when I first walked in. I immediately turned on the mini fan that was stashed in the corner. It made more noise than circulate the air, but it helped. During the day, I kept the windows opened, but not at night. On both Friday and Saturday night there was a quarrel or some commotion at the club directly across from my room (on Wall St.) which woke me up, so I didn't sleep all that well during my stay. I know some people have said there was no street noise, but I heard enough trucks (garbage trucks?) in the early morning. Also, my mattress was a little mushy on one side. I slept a little better after figuring out which side it was!

The shared baths were okay. I never had to wait to use a shower, but I think it's time the shower curtains were replaced. They were all a little dingy. (Yeah, I popped into every shower to see which one looked cleanest.) Shampoo, conditioner and body wash (Rudy's Brand, which smells good! The namesake barbershop is under the Ace) are provided, but some of the bath product pumps were broken. The toilets were clean, but at times the trash cans were a little full.

The communal breakfast room is great...very European, with bread, fruit, waffles, oj, tea. Can't beat the free Stumptown coffee. I really appreciated the breakfast hours window...from 7 AM to fairly late in the morning. It's great they accommodate the early birds to the late sleepers. Location is excellent. The bar/restaurant downstairs (Cyclops) is quite good. Tons of good restaurants, bars and bakeries in Belltown and it's super easy to walk to Pike Place Market and Space Needle. It's about a 10-15 minute walk to the airport train.

All in all, it was not bad for the price of a Shared Bath room. Not sure I would feel the same if I paid $200.00/night. I feel like it is time for them to replace some mattresses and shower curtains though. If I stayed again, I would try to get a room on the inside of the building.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends