“Best pet-friendly hotel in Seattle!”
Review of Ace Hotel

Ace Hotel
Ranked #61 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 29 June 2010

From the outside this hotel doesn't look like much, but everything inside was almost perfect. My GF and I were travelling with our two Chihuahuas and were reluctant to leave them in the room alone for a few hours. As it turned out, they were pretty well behaved, and didn't cause any problems. All the staff were very polite, considerate and understanding. The room we were in faced Wall St, so it was a little noisy at times. This didn't bother us much, but it may bother others as there is no A/C so you pretty well have to leave the windows open on a warm day. They do have a small fan to help with that as well. Rooms and (shared) bathrooms were very clean.

As far as the location goes, it was very central. About a 6 min walk to the Space needle, and about 10 min walk to Pike Marketplace. Also, a lot of great restaurants and shops in the area too.

The breakfast Ace provides was awesome! You can make your own waffles, or if you prefer, there is yogurt and granola, milk and OJ, and coffee.

Overall, I'd rate this hotel a 5/5.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank a_4lb_Chalupa

Reviewed 5 April 2010

My wife & I spent an evening recently at this hotel. The Belltown location affords you the opportunity to visit Pike Place, the waterfront district, numerous top-notch restaurants, and lots of shops. The austere decor, limited room furnishings, and cozy room measurements might be a potential put-off, but the helpful staff, great location, can't go wrong room pricing, and full Continental breakfast might win you over; it did us! Worth a try next time you visit Seattle.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2010

We booked a basic room with the shared bathroom. The tarrif was about right. The room was very clean and attractive, and the bathrooms excellent with robes supplied. The service was excellent and local advice for eateries and bars top notch. The whole style of the hotel was great, very attractive and interesting, we had a great time. The location is perfect, right in the middle of Belltown. There was certainly some noise overnight from the odd boisterous guest but they were asked to calm down by the front desk rapidly. No idealt for those wishing a quiet calm early night, but great for those wanting a more interesting and fun stay right in the thick of it. Best start at the great Cyclops bar next door.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2009

I chose this hotel because it was located in the center of our weekend activities and was a reasonable rate. I thought perhaps that we might not be hip enough to be comfortable there but I figured it was only one night so we could just try it out. I was wrong - we loved it! - comfortable bed (hard to find in a hotel!), very nice staff and cool eclectic style. We did discover that while I apparently could sleep in the city my husband could not but since I had read all the reviews I could find we had armed ourselves with earplugs - but the hotel was honest enough about its locale that they furnished these anyway. He used them but I did not. There are plenty of places to eat within 2 or 3 blocks and you aren't far removed from downtown. This was just a one night getaway as we don't live more then an hour from Seattle but we will definitely be going back the next time we are going to the big city!

Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2009

What an awesome hotel...Comfortable beds, very clean, and fun artwork and decor. We loved it here. It's located in a cool part of town with lots of Gallerys and good Restaurants. The price was great too! Thanks for such a nice stay. We are coming back soon. And please open more hotels like this in different cities. Your concept is great!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2009

I stayed at the ACE Hotel recently and I must say that I was a bit scared upon first sight, but ended up really enjoying my stay. I travel often for business and was sick of the Sheraton and Marriott so I decided to try something that was a bit younger and unique. While it is not the Ritz, it is clean, the staff are WONDERFUL, and it is within walking distance of many awesome bars / clubs. Don't expect a lot of amenities - this is a very minimalistic hotel - you get the bare necessities. I would opt for the deluxe room as it has a bathroom, otherwise, it gets the hostel / college dorm vibe in a standard room. The only real downside was that the walls are paper thin, so don't do or say anything you wouldn't want your neighbors hearing!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank irish_eyes_nj_82
Reviewed 2 September 2009

A great little hotel. Perfectly located and easy walking distance from everything you'd want to do centrally. Also a very short walk to the ferry terminal to catch the boat across to Vancouver Island. Staff were super helpful and friendly too.
Rooms were clean, beds uber comfy and breakfast yummy. We stayed a night either side of Victoria - one night in a pretty small room with separate bathrooms and another night with an ensuite - both nights were great and all bathrooms, whether attached to the rooms or not, were ideal.
We'd recommend this hotel for any length of stay in Seattle but it is ideal for a quick pit stop!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends