“Decent hotel in good location”

Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area
Ranked #39 of 105 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We stayed two nights (two rooms) at this hotel prior to a cruise. The staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was very nice, with a clear view of the space needle. Heating/cooling worked well. The room was clean, and contained the basic necessities. It was about a 10 minute walk to Pike Street Market. There is a nice park across the street, and many shops within walking distance. The concierge helped us arrange transportation prior to our visit. Elevators were a bit slow, but no biggie.

I would stay at this hotel again, no problem. However, if you're cruising, the Marriott is right in the center of things (cruise terminal and pike street market).

Room Tip: Rooms facing the space needle are away from the highway as well--you want that side.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,521)

Reviewed 14 August 2012

We stayed two nights at this hotel recently and would not stay again. There was absolutely no outdoor area (nor did windows open). Our room was impossible to keep at a steady temperature, going from too cold to too warm, back and forth, and the AC motor was really noisy. I had to use ear plugs to filter out a steady, annoying hum. We thought breakfast was included in the price, so went to the breakfast room the first morning. It was not covered, but we were there, so took in the buffet. Both of us had a pretty small breakfast: scrambled eggs and a crecant for me and Bill had a two pancakes and a piece of bacon. We both had a glass of OJ. The coffee was absolutely the worst coffee I've ever tried to drink...in fact we could not drink it. It was really really weak.

The good things: the beds were very comfortable as were the pillows. The location was very good, lots of good restaurants near by and close to Convention Center, shopping and the Monorail. The front desk staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2012

Dear Martha D,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. I appreciate the compliments about our friendly staff, comfortable beds and convenient location. We're in the heart of downtown Seattle and just minutes from Pike Place Market. I am sorry that our air conditioning unit was noisy and that you encountered issues with your room temperature. It is also our regret that the food served over breakfast was not up to your par. The Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. Kindly accept our sincere apologies for falling below your expectations.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 12 August 2012

This hotel is conveniently located about a 10 minute walk from downtown Seattle. Rooms were very spacious & clean. Staff were very friendly & helpful. We stayed on the 31st club floor which entitled us to a continental breakfast each day & nibbles between 5 - 7pm each day. Only downside of this hotel is its closeness to the motorway which does attract some road noise, could effect you if you are a light sleeper-:)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ozmuzziemoo
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I arrived two hours before check in but they had a room available & I was in my room within five minutes. Any of my needs were addressed quickly. The room has a small fridge,& coffee maker. The bed was comfortable. However, the pillows were lumpy. To be fair, I find lumpy pillows in many of the hotels I've stayed. The room is a bit dated but had a desk, two chairs, nice size closet and the bathroom was updated with good shower pressure. The housekeeping staff did a good job of tidying up the room daily.
I was on the 25th floor which was quiet. I had a view of the city & Mt Ranier in the distance.
They have a room with computers & printers for use. However, they charge for Wifi which is one of my pet peeves. I did not pay for Wifi & used the computer room which is free.
I only had one breakfast in the hotel & it was excellent. Pancakes with macadamia nuts. It came with sausage or bacon which I declined since I am a vegetarian. However, the waiter brought me a fresh fruit cup instead which I thought was thoughtful.
There is a gym on the premises which I did not use.
All in all, a very good stay.

Room Tip: High floors are quiet. I was on the 25th floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sylvia M
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I recently stayed three nights at The Crowne Plaza. I got upgraded to the top floor with a sweeping view. The club level gets you free breakfast and happy hour snacks. The room was clean and comfortable. This hotel's strength is customer service. From the moment I arrived to the moment I left, the staff was always accommodating and VERY friendly. The front desk always greeted me and wished me a good day and good night. When any staff member--from bellman to maintenance worker to cook--walked in an elevator, they always greeted guests and wished them a good day. That's what I like in my hotel. The location was convenient; within walking distance of Pike's, The Seattle Art Museum, and much more. I didn't have a car, so the light rail was a great option from SeaTac (only $2,75!), and the city bus took me to EMP, Chihuly Glass and Garden, and The Space Needle. The concierge was knowledgeable, and made good recommendations. I have stayed at the Crowne Plaza three times, and will be back again!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank GTMetro
Reviewed 7 August 2012

A real gem of a hotel for views! We were on the Priority members floor (30 if I remember correctly) which offered a stunning view across the city of the space needle as well as of Puget Sound. Room was very comfortable, offers the usual tea and coffee facilities. Staff were very helpful and willing to offer advice on the best way to travel around and how to get to the baseball stadium. Totally fell in love with Seattle (great weather helping, I think), didn't really use many of the hotel facilities other than the business room to print off return flight tickets. There is a useful shop on site, great for picking up a bottle of water after a day and evening walking around.

Not sure what it is about the USA but everyone is so polite, whether you meet them in the elevator or elsewhere - we even received top lunch recommendations from a stranger on the tram after the driver tried to help us find a place which we picked up a flyer about!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room with a view of the Space Needle - you wont be disappointed!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Stayed there for a week on a business trip. I guess you're better off staying somewhere else. The property is old and the facilities are so "blast from the past". Nothing special to mention. Though their staff are friendly and professional. And the hotel is centrally situated in downtown Seattle. Tried the food at the Regatta bar and it was good!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
crister, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

Dear YousefOmar,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. We are glad you enjoyed the location, friendly professional staff and found the food good at the Regatta Barr. The hotel is in the design phase for a complete renovation that will begin soon and hope you will stay with us again to enjoy our improvements.

Regards,