“Much better than I was expecting”

Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area
Ranked #39 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

We were in Seattle for one night and stayed here. I had read about the construction and upgrades and they informed us when we arrived. I was expecting and lot of noise, but it was quiet. Room was clean and it is an easy walk to pike's market. The staff was very friendly! I come back again!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,516)

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Wonderful peaceful stay with a amazing view of the city wonderful staff and service. The room is very modern I loved how the room was separate from the living room area. It is in a very convenient location within walking distance of everything. Highly recommended and reasonably priced and clean.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katrina S
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My wife and I had a great time, and we stayed on the executive level. Stay on this floor if at all possible. It's a private floor with free breakfast. Great view of the space needle, and staff was more than accommodating. Only downside is that if you leave stuff in your car, it's kind of a hassle to go into the garage to retrieve it. No biggie though

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Loved our stay at the Crowne Plaza in Seattle. Was there overnight in February for a birthday celebration with my husband without the kids. Beautiful room and view. Got a deal through priceline and my husband asked since it was my birthday if they could upgrade us. Got an upgrade to a room with a separate living room. Was also the night that it snowed so I imagine they probably had some extra occupancy to be able to upgrade us. Location is great, although a bit of a walk from the pike market but still would consider the location to be downtown. Would stay there again. Oh and park at the seattle public library garage. Good parking rate and only a few blocks away. Only downside to that is I believe the garage closes at 7 or 9pm. So wouldn't be able to drive anywhere at night.

Room Tip: Ask (dont expect) to be upgraded or for a room higher up. Cheaper parking at the library garage.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Four of us just spent the past weekend at the Northwest Garden Show, and selected the Crowne Plaza due to it's location and enticing room package offer. What a great surprise to find updated clean and comfortable rooms, attentive and welcoming staff, and a buffet breakfast that wasn't overwhelmingly huge yet offered a nice selection of cooked and fresh items. Not to mention the great coffee. This hotel is within easy walking distance to the Convention Centre - as well as Pike's Market, the Great Wheel, and local shopping and restaurants, I'd recommend it to anyone looking to stay in central Seattle. We're already planning our return for next year's garden show.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dragonfly603
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I stayed at the Crown Plaza back in November 2013 while spending a weekend in Seatle. Here's hiw my experience went:

1- Location
There is nothing that says great location more than the Crown Plaza. Located in the heart of downtown on 6th avenue it is literaly 5 minutes on foot of every attraction in the downtown area. The hotel is easily accessed on foot from all corners and its structure cannot be missed, furthermore it is car fruendly, so you don't have to worry much about parking if you are driving. There are no public parkings in the vicinity but jt isa service offered by the hotel and is definitely cheap.
No matter what you feel like doing, you can do on foot: the pike market is exactly 2 minutes away, you can actually see it from some of the rooms. The beautiful old part of town is also a couple of minutes away, and needless to say, the water front is 3 minutes down.
The hotel is alos not too far from Belltown a part of town widely known for its restaurants and bars. You can surely walk there or you can take a cab if you happen to be visiting on a rainy seatle day.
The space needle is not too far either, it is further up north, probably a 10 min car ride, but you can have a gorgeous panoramic vie on it from one of the hotel rooms on the high floors.
The hotel is also in the middle of many shopping centers, so you will definitely notget bored with all the choices available to do and enjoy in its vicinity.

2- The hotel itself
I just loved it , and i can anyone who would like to enjoy simple beauty will love it as well. The main entrance is not too lavish, but you automatically feel the simple beauty as soon as you step into the lobby. It is a comfortably medium sized lobby with the front desk just in front of you as you enter and concierge on the east side.
You will automatically notice how new the place is as if the lobby was refurbished a couple of days ago.

3- Rooms
The rooms are marvelous. They are very spacious and provide all the comfort you can desire to relax and enjoy the beauty of Seatle. Unlike many hotels i have been to before, my room had a tiny hall upon entering it seperating the closet from the rest of the room. I find it a really nice feature (although i guess it was not done on purpose) as you don't have to be staring at the hideous emergency numbers and evacuation plans that hotels hang on the door.
The wasroom is perfect, fit of a top tier hotel. It is very spacious with a beautiful shower having its hose in the middle of its ceiling just to relax you even more. The washroom comes equiped with all standard equipment that a guest would usually search for from a blow dryer to a neat collection of really clean towels.
The bed is centered in the middle of the room with two night stands on either sides, both having a small reading lamp. The TV is a nice LCD flat screen centered around the bed and standing on a drawer stand. There is nothing more beautiful in the morning than waking up, overlooking the space needle and watching a TV perfectly placed in front of you (in many hotels i have been to, the TV is either too big or too small or too distant, in the Crown Plaza the TV comes in a perfect size and standing T a perfect distance)
The room also comes with a desk and and a very relaxing armchair placed next to a huge glass window overlooking the city and providing breathtaking view of downtown, the space needle and the ocean.
Rooms are also equipped with the standard equipment of iron, iron board and safe.
A slight drawback might be that the rooms tend to give a feel of being a little old, but the relaxation, comfort and southness they provide over overcomes everything else, afterall that is their main purpose.

4- Prices and service
The room was given to me at $179 which i find to be just a perfect price for such a wonderful place. It is one ofthe rare times that i can actually claim that i got a full value for my money at a hotel. The place is also equipped with a high speed WiFi internet access which you can get for free if you are an IHG Priority Club member (guarenteed free and possibility of room upgrade if you are gold member)
Service was also perfect, we were treated like kings throughout our stay and surrounded by very competent personel who did not hesitate to make our stay a really pleasant one. From front desk officers upon checkmin to room service, to operators, to bell boys....they were all simply great.

The Crown Plaza Downtown Seattle is definitely a huge recommendation. I give it a 5 stars, as i have never been in a hotel that gathers, location, service, comfort and value, usually you get a combination of them but not all of them at the same time. It is definitely a place that should be on the top of your choices if you are visiting Seattle

***Please like my review if you find it helpful***

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank SagaLEB
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza on January 24th, 2014. Excellent location in downtown Seattle. Impression of front lobby was good, no issues except for there was never any security at the front door at any time that i entered or exited the hotel. The security kiosk was always empty, even at one oclock in the morning on a Friday night. Anybody from the outside could have gotten on the eleveators at any time so no real sense of security. Checkin was very quick and efficient, the gentleman at the front desk gave us free internet for being club members and greeted us with a smile. The front desk was also careful to advise guests of the construction/renovation work going on at the hotel (they have a printed sheet that they give you). Fortunately this did not affect us at all because we stayed over the course of the weekend and there was no construction noise going on. I didn't use any of the amenities or restaurants at the hotel, but I got a coupon for a "reduced" rate on the buffet breakfast. I can't remember the exact amount that the breakfast cost but I remember laughing out loud when I saw how much it was at the reduced rate on the card and thinking that this was the 'reduced' rate.... YIKES... Way too expensive. I also heard others discussing how expensive it was and eating elsewhere... so be prepared for that.... I can say that there are a lot of little cafes within walking distance that have great menus at reasonable prices. Valet parking ONLY at this hotel, and at a ridiculous price of 36 bucks per night plus valet parking state tax of $3.42 per night, plus valet parking city tax of $4.50 per night, plus tip for the valet. (Seattle has insane parking rates anyway though as you can see). If you are fortunate to get a hotel rate in the low hundreds, count on your total bill still being over $200 per night with the occupancy tax of over 20 dollars per night and valet. Didn't watch TV so can't comment on that but the wifi internet worked great, sleep quality was ok, and the room was very clean. Fortunately our floor was very quiet with no noise issues. I don't think we had a renovated room because the bathroom was worn and definitely needed a facelift. Pillows and mattress comfort were so-so... had better and had worse for both. I tried calling the front desk repeatedly late in the evening to try and find out where the vending machines were to no avail. I had to walk down to the front desk and someone finally appeared after I waited for a bit. He was friendly when he arrived... but I suspect he was busy using the internet or something. Directed me to a snack bar where I paid a couple bucks for a bottle of water. I paid cash... but AGAIN waited and waited while he looked for change wishing that I just had him add it to the room bill. Checkout was very quick and efficient, everything went well with picking up our luggage later in the day and getting the vehicle from the valet. Also no billing issues. This hotel was everything I expected but really didn't exceed my expectations in any way, and I didn't have that 'wow' feeling... a few little things added up hence a rating of 3/5 (average). Overall though it's a good average hotel and I would probably stay there again if I needed to be in the immediate area again overnight..... hopefully next time WITHOUT a vehicle :o)

Room Tip: Always good to ask for a room on a floor away from the elevators. Ask for a renovated room if you c...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
crister, Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear Mike M,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Seattle. Please rest assured that the safety and security of our guests is a top priority. We do have 24 Hours Security that roams the property at varying intervals, plus we do have video cameras at all entrances to the hotel in addition to other areas. Please accept our apologies for our staff not being available to assist you, we have used your feedback to address and retrain our staff to be available at all times to meet all guests needs. We are very excited about our ongoing renovation and were very happy to read that you would stay with us in the future. We look forward to hosting you in one of our newly renovated rooms.
Tarig Ghandour