“Offbeat and convenient”
Review of Inn at Queen Anne

Inn at Queen Anne
Ranked #74 of 105 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 25 December 2013

This hotel is definitely in an older building, and not a carbon copy of the national chains. Our room seemed like something out of a boarding house a century ago, but it was kind of fun and charming.

There was a mini kitchen with fridge, microwave, sink, and a few dishes, as well as a small dining table. The bed was small and firm, linens were threadbare, but I slept well anyway. The bathroom was cute and vintage, although small, and the shower had a low spout and poor water pressure. Service was brisk but friendly. No breakfast or food service on site, but plenty of restaurants nearby. I would definitely stay there again if I got a good deal.

Room Tip: Our room had a good view of the Space Needle, so if that's something you want you may be able to...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LittleOblivion
Write a ReviewReviews (1,089)

Reviewed 6 December 2013

If you would prefer to spend your money on activities in and around Seattle rather than hotel accommodations this is a good choice. The hotel is relatively clean, but due to the age of the building it is worn and a bit shabby. The bathrooms were designed for short people. My husband who is 6' 2'' found the shower head to be quite low. Having a kitchenette was nice for a light breakfast or hot chocolate after the Sea Hawks game. We didn't spend much time in the room, but the beds were comfortable and we really liked the location of the Inn. We were there over the weekend and could park on the street so did not have to pay for parking. The radiator in our room worked just great the first 2 nights, the third night we had no heat, but got up early and left so it wasn't too bad.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Laurie A
Reviewed 27 November 2013

This is not a place you would stay for luxury accommodations. But it was great as far as proximity to Key Arena for the concerts we went to. It was also pretty cheap. You can walk to and from the concert in two minutes--super close. I will admit it was loud at night for one concert (Kanye), but not for the other (Pink), so the crowd in attendance at concerts may determine if it feels like you are staying at a frat or a hotel. There was a small kitchen in our room, which also kept costs down for meals. Close walking distance to a Market which was awesome. I will definitely go again when I see concerts at Key Arena.

Room Tip: No elevators, so pick lower floor if you need that. Otherwise I liked the perceived safety of being...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank AKMWJ
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We recently travelled to Seattle to attend an NFL game South of Downtown and stayed at the Inn. The hotel is a reasonably long walk from downtown but only around 20 minutes. We walked one time and caught the monorail another time.

The hotel is well located, the rooms are simple and clean, fine for a short trip. Parking is unfortunately not cheap in the area.

Room Tip: The Indian restaurant (Roti Cuisine of India) a short walk over one street over is very good
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 October 2013

The hotel is older, but it comes across quaint. The location is in a safe area & walking distance to the Chihuly museum the tower, and also the tram to take you into downtown.
There is a fantastic 2 story grocery store a block away and the rooms have small kitchenettes, which is great in such an over priced city. This hotel is the only place I felt I actually got my monies worth. As long as you know you are in an older building that probably belongs on some historic registry and not in a modern hotel you will appreciate the ambiance.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Great location, friendly staff. We stayed for a night. We had a only a few hours next morning before boarding our Alaska Cruise. The 2 hour Coach Tour that we took was amazing. We were lucky to see Salmon going up stream at the ladder, and particularly enjoyed the Pike Market experience. The hotel staff helped with our planning.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tourizt
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I recently spent two nights at the Inn at Queen Anne. The first room I was given was on the 2nd floor in the 2nd building. I walked in the room and felt like I was getting an instant headache from the odor...a strong bleach odor. I asked for another room and was given one on the third floor with the same odor but not as strong. I opened the windows, turned on the fan and thought it would dissipate. I returned that evening to the same smell. I checked out a day early. I talked to the people at the desk and they had had no other complaints though a woman on the same floor that I asked said she preferred bleach smell to a mildew smell. I have never been in a place with such an odor and it felt toxic...I still don't know what it is. Bleach smells usually go away when it dries I think. Other than that the room was very clean and the people that worked there were nice. It was nice to have coffee in the lobby in the morning.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo