Inn at Queen Anne
US$479
US$316
Official Site
1,098 results
All reviewsseattle centerspace needlegreat locationsmall kitchenettemetropolitan marketwalk in closetquaint hotelconcert at key arenaacross the streetbudget hotelan older buildingpublic transportationwalking distancestreet noisemini fridgeblockstove
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Something charming about this older style hotel more like a boarding house. Rooms had kitchenettes with cutlery, small saucepan and fry pan ( missing in our room). Rooms generous with small bathroom and opening window ( no safety rail so would not pass current safety standards.)
Cute central courtyard was good to sit on on a hot day. Older style TV with basic cable channels and free wifi. The position was good close to the space needle and about 300 yards to the space needle. The price was inexpensive for. Seattle City our room was $106 plus tax.That said we didn't enjoy our stay. The queen beds were firm and uncomfortable and the frame creaked when you moved. They really need a padded memory foam cover. The other major problem was the noise . As it is on the cheaper side it attracts a younger crowd who have different sleep patterns to us and we had some very noisy kids in the courtyard talking and laughing till 3 am then dragging suitcases or dead bodies up and down the stairs for the next hour or so. I felt the staff should have been able to hear them and intervene but no.the hound friendly staff were clueless. I called about a broken bedside lamp with no action taken. Staff also booked us a taxi to the airport but got the price wrong and we ended up paying twice the quoted price. From the staff we got a blank stare with no offer to help resolve the situation.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and got the noisiest near the main road so good luck with that.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 123degrees
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The Inn at Queen Anne is a unique opportunity that doesn't deliver. That being the promise of a cool prewar, former apartment building turned into a charming hotel perfectly located in one of Seattle's hipper neighborhoods.

One's hopes are bolstered as you walk up the steps and spy the planted garden nestled in an appealing courtyard. Unfortunately that's as good as it gets. From there you spiral down into tenement living at a swanky price.

The photographs of the rooms on the website are deceptive, so I have included a few of my own. I don't think we got a bum room. Walking out I looked in several rooms that were being turned over and they all seemed the same.

To the owners of hotel I offer this suggestion, either upgrade and renovate and take full advantage of the potential of the hotel, or position as an interesting old building, located in a great neighborhood, that should be half the price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael N
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed here for a concert at KeyArena. The location can't be beat. Right across the street from Seattle Center. Dick's and some other nice restaurants are next door.

The room had a kitchen and spacious closet. Clearly it was once an apartment building. Some reviews are just ridiculous. First off, our room had a wonderful AC unit. Hot? Turn it on. The water pressure was fine. The shower head is low but I am 6 feet tall, and it went to my neck, unlike other people who've claimed that it hit their mid back.

The wifi is slooow, but at least it's offered for free. The cable wasn't working but a very nice girl at the desk told me how to fix it and it worked.

The only small issue I had was the cleanliness. A few stray hairs were found throughout but I guess that's the nature of hotels.

Unfortunately my show was cancelled but they were very nice and I will be back for the rescheduled date!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Sugarpine2
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The place was very clean, the staff was helpful. The neighborhood was OK, location was very good. There are stores within a block, safeway, drugstore and a like whole foods store. You can buy ready made meals at these food stores and reheat in microwave. Two burner stovetop, fridge in the room. There are quite a few restaurants in the area. Next street over is a major bus line. From the airport we took the Light rail train $2.75 pp, got off at the last stop (35Minutes) then took the monorail to the Space Needle $2.50. Both modes of transit luggage compatible. Then it was a 5 minute walk to the hotel, no hills safe streets. We checked in at 11:30 then went sight seeing, another 5minute walk to take a tour the town. We stayed 2 nights before we cruised, $9 for cab to port for 3 people. The hotel is right next door to the Seattle Center with plenty to do in there.
The place is old but well cared for we had a room on the first floor, no elevators. Coffee 24 hours a day. No frills, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank carribbeanmic
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We have stayed here 3 times now and love it. I love having a kitchenette so I dont have to eat all your meals out. The staff have always been very helpful when we have asked for directions and such. Yes the hotel is old but it is clean and comfy. Sometimes the street noise can be loud but I do not like to sleep in on vacation so this does not bother me. If you want a reasonably priced place to stay that has fantastic location this is the place. If you want something upscale and fancy maybe look somewhere else. We will be back and we will stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014