Inn at Virginia Mason
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
All reviewshospital patientsquaint hotelroom serviceslow elevatorwalk in closetolder hotelwalking distance to downtownapartment buildingcookie cutterpriced hotelcapitol hillstayed one nightbit datedflat screen tvrooms are nicerooftop deckstaff was very friendly and helpful
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I liked the old building, very spacious room and great location. The beds were super comfortable, with no bed bugs. The staff were friendly and efficient. It's close to an incredible Vietnamese restaurant, Starbucks and pharmacy. Was a great stay, close to downtown. It is beside a hospital but I never woke up to sirens but I assume that this could be an issue. However I was there for the weekend and didn't hear one.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Bratford
Carol G, General Manager at Inn at Virginia Mason, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Thank you for your review. We're glad you gave us a try. Most of our guests (or their family members) are visiting one of the three world-class medical facilities here on First Hill - Virginia Mason Medical Center, Harborview Medical Center or Swedish Medical Center - but we are always happy to welcome our leisure visitors looking for an affordable Seattle option. Please come back and stay with us again. Safe travels!

Reviewed 15 September 2013

I stayed at the Inn at Virginia Mason on a Friday night. I arrived in Seattle early Friday morning though...from Sea-Tac I headed to the hotel, hoping to just check my luggage as it was 8 a.m. I took the Link (light rail = $2.75 from SeaTac to University stop) and then walked about 15 minutes. Get ready for a glutes workout on the hill up to Virginia Mason! Anyhow, after arriving I was happy to find out I was able to be checked in! My friend and I got the room with twin beds...so that may be why...but I got right into my room before 9 a.m.! The decor and carpet are nothing to talk about, the room is just fine. Clean and simple. No hairdryer in our room, so had to borrow from front desk. The space and accommodations were just fine for the short amount of time we were there. The rooftop patio is AWESOME! We drink a bottle of wine before heading out and really enjoyed the view and ambiance up there! If you need a cheap, easy place to stay, this is just fine!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Amandi34

Hi Traveler - thank you for your review! Clean, simple and affordable that's our motto! We will be updating our hallways, light fixtures and adding hairdryers before the end of the year but plan to keep our old-style charm. Seattle is made up of hills (First, Capitol, Queen Anne, Denny and Beacon) so happy to help the daily exercise plan! Please come back and see us again. Safe travels.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

This was the cheapest hotel with decent reviews I could find in the downtown area. The hotel is old and dated with a slightly depressing air to it. But it was clean, affordable and the beds were comfortable. I pulled the sheets off to check for bed bugs and didn't see any evidence of them. The mattresses looked new too. The couch was threadbare and looked very old, it appeared to be clean but we couldn't bring ourselves to sit on it. Our room with 2 queens was massive. I think it was designed for people in wheelchairs based on the size and layout of the bathroom. I was pleasantly surprised to find a small fridge in the room. Hair dryers and irons are not supplied in the rooms but can be requested from the front desk. The staff were pleasant.
The hotel is affiliated with the hospital and there are medical offices on the second floor of the hotel. We stayed 2 nights, Thurs and Fri. The guests staying at the hotel seemed to be a mix of tourists and medical patients.
We were tourists visiting Seattle for the first time and this hotel was the right mix of affordable and conveniently located. There is a steep hill to get down to the waterfront, tourist attractions and the transit tunnel. It was a hike on the way back up but it wasn't too bad. The area around the hotel seemed safe when we walked around at night. The rooftop deck was neat.
They stored our luggage for us after checkout so we didn't have to lug it around before our flight. If you are looking for an affordable clean hotel downtown and don't mind it being old and dated this is a an excellent option.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank jlrva

Thank you for your review. Clean, affordable and right location, we can't ask for a better description than that! Our couches in the room type you were in are scheduled for replacement next year. . .with an older hotel the list is endless of items to update. Please come back and visit us again in the future. . .we will always be your affordable option in Seattle. Safe travels!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We wanted downtown Seattle and this hotel was far less than anything else and close to the light rail. When we found out that it was formerly the hospital hotel for visitors, my wife wanted to change the reservation, but never did.
It was a short but steep walk from the light rail. The rooms were newly decorated. We got a free upgrade. The beds and linens were very nice and comfy. Since it is on the budget side of the highway, there were all sorts of reasonably priced restaurants nearby. And it is a short walk to the waterfront.
We'd stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David E

Good Morning David. Thank you for your comments - I particularly enjoyed your review and learning that we surprized you! We are very proud to be part of the Virginia Mason Medical Center campus - recently voted one of the top 10 medical facilities in the country. We look forward to welcoming you again when your travels bring you back to Seattle. Until then, safe travels!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We traveled to Seattle for a medical procedure and I was so happy to have the option of the Inn at Virginia Mason for its very close proximity to the hospital. The other property is the Baroness where we also stayed and I will review separately.

We stayed at the Inn for about one week. The Inn staff were very kind and helpful, though we had to ask to get the room cleaned or at least clean towels a few times. Nonetheless the Inn is older but suited our needs quite well. We had a spacious room with a queen bed and a couch bed to sleep 3 adults and 1 child.

Room service was very affordable. The menu comes from the hospital (same food served to patients). Not bad, actually, there was quite a variety.

To sum up: if your priority is convenience to the Virginia Mason hospital, I recommend the Inn. The other option for you is the Baroness. The Inn is a bit newer and nicer, but you do not get a kitchenette here, it is more of a hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jbrown246

Good Morning Juneau Family - Thank you for your review. I apologize for the housekeeping inconsistencies. We appreciate the feedback and will always be working to make your stay more comfortable. Safe travels!