“Loved it!”
Review of MarQueen Hotel

MarQueen Hotel
Ranked #53 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 28 March 2011

Came over from the UK (Nottingham) & stayed here for 3 nights, March 24th to March 26th (departed on the 27th). The hotel is full of character & charm, & the staff are really friendly & welcoming - nothing was too much trouble, & every question & request for help was met with a cheery smile - they genuinely seemed to want to make your stay special.
I stayed in room 304 & the room was spotlessly clean & spacious. The only slight & I mean slight 'problem' was the pointless breakfast (pointless to me anyway) - the choices are so small & limited (as is the breakfast room) they may as well not bothered - which after the 1st morning I didn't & went to Peso's directly across the street.
Seattle us an amazing place & the Marqueen Hotel is close to all the major attractions, including the Seattle Center & the famous Space Needle - which are just 2 minutes walk away.
Top tip!!! Take a short walk up the hill on Queen Anne (the hotel is on this - just turn right outside the hotel & it's up the hill) to a tiny park - Kerry Park - for the BEST photo opportunity of the Seattle skyline.
Will certainly be going back to Seattle, & will 100% be staying at the Marqueen Hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011
Kdotto, Manager at MarQueen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2011

Thank you for your kind words! We're glad you loved the hotel. We are sorry to hear the breakfast was disappointing, however, we have recently added new items so we hope it to be a bit more substantial. We do look forward to seeing you again during your next trip to Seattle!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,245)

Reviewed 14 March 2011

My husband and I stayed at the MarQueen to participate in the annual St. Pat's Dash to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. The staff were friendly, kind and most helpful. Any need was met promptly and with a smile. The room was spacious, comfortable and quiet. The room had noise abatement windows and they sure did the trick. Despite being in a noisy and busy area of Seattle, we slept like babies! The price is very reasonable for downtown Seattle and the location is within walking distance of many, many tourist attractions such as the Space Needle and other venues that Seattle is known for!! If you come to the Pacific NW, the MarQueen should definitely be on your itinerary

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

So glad you came out for the St. Patrick Day's Dash and made a night out of it at the MarQueen Hotel! We're happy to hear you were well taken care of by our awesome staff. Thank you for the great feedback!

Reviewed 7 March 2011

I spent four nights at the Marqueen Hotel in Seattle, and found it very delightful. For the price, the room was very spacious and felt a bit more like a well-decorated studio apartment than a stuffy hotel room. The kitchen was a lovely bonus (Seattle cuisine is so good! I needed to store leftovers in the fridge), and overall the room and hotel in general had a ton of charm, nothing like standard cookie-cutter hotels that tend to be so prominent. Great location, too--half hour walk from major shopping, Pike Place Market, etc. About 15 minutes from the Science Center and Space Needle. Lots of good food and grocery stores near Queen Ann ave as well. Hmm. What else did I like? Housekeeping was great, service was great--coffee at Cafe Ladro was bold and delicious. My complaints are minimal, but here they are: Transparent curtains let in quite a bit of morning light (not good if you like to sleep in), and the shower had terrible pressure (but hey, I still got clean!). On my third night, water began dripping from the ceiling, too. There are notices in the bathrooms that say an overflowing tub will cause drippage in the room below, so I think the people above might have taken a splashey bath or something. It wasn't a big deal, they offered to put us in another room but the water soon stopped dripping. Not a big deal. Overall, very delightful stay at the Marqueen. I will never stay anywhere else when I'm in Seattle.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank northerngirl1989
Kdotto, Manager at MarQueen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2011

Thank you for the "delightful" review! We're happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us enough to be your preferred Seattle hotel! Thats great! We do apologize for the plumbing issues and thank you for your patience and understanding. Next time you visit, please know that we do in fact have black out drapes on the windows - sometimes they're just hiding behind the sheer curtains :) Hope this helps!

Reviewed 3 March 2011

My wife and I took a couple of nights for a mini-vacation during our Christmas Holiday. WIth it's 1912 character, convenient access to the monorail and great restaurants in the neighborhood he Marqueen was a great choice for us.

It reminded me of the first apartment I had in Victoria. The noise abatement windows did a great job of blocking out the street noise. The sunset views of Puget Sound were (of course) gorgeous.

The breakfast bar was a waste of time, but Caffe Ladro on the first floor was quite nice. I would also wholeheartedly recommend Toulouse across the street.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank StHyde
Kdotto, Manager at MarQueen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2011

Thank you for the great feedback! We're glad you enjoyed the character, convenience and nostalgia of the MarQueen Hotel. We are happy to say we have added some items to our continental breakfast since your stay in December, so we hope next time you will find it more satisfying. Thanks again!

Reviewed 21 February 2011

The Marqueen is, as other reviews have noted, not the Hilton - but it's not the Motel 6 either. Yes, the hotel is old, but that hasn't caused us any problems.

Rooms are quite large by hotel standards, and prices are lower than most hotels in Seattle. This is an independant hotel where they have done a nice job in restoration of a very old building. No, it's not "restored to 1900s grandeur" (nor do they claim that) but it's completely comfortable and definitely not visually sterile like most hotels today.

Our room had a very comfortable bed and a much less comfortable sofabed ( but all sofabeds are). Decor was older style but fully maintained - in other words older furniture but in great shape. They've done alot with crown molding but the modern walls in the rooms (ie. textured wallboard) look a bit out of place in parts.

The bathrooms are perfectly OK. Ours has a long tub (much longer than most hotel tubs). I normally shower but took the opportunity for two nice soaks in the tub - becuase I can.

Hotel service has been friendly and good. They serve a continental breakfast that could be a little more variety. There is free wifi, which works well but was not super-fast.

Biggest negative - the floors squeak. And I mean WOW do they squeak. Our floor is hardwood with area rugs, and each step could wake the dead, or at least your sleeping companions.

Important - many earlier reviewers complained about the street noise. The hotel claimed they were installing noise-abatement windows in street-facing rooms. Verdict: the hotel did as claimed, and the windows work great. We face the street and see the traffic but hear almost nothing.

Other reviewers have pointed out that there is no elevator. One reviewer even complained that "the last thing you want to do after a day of walking is climb 5 flights of stairs". That complaint is a little unfair as this hotel has only 3 floors, hence 2 flights of stairs. It's really a non-issue.

The location is awesome - with lots of great restaurants just steps away. Don't underestimate the value of this in a city where parking is difficult and expesnive. The hotel does charge $25 a day for valet parking with unlimited in/out but in 3 nights we always found free street parking nearby (but I think we lucked out a bit on that).

I would stay here again - read the other reviews, but remember that old doesn't mean shabby,

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank AndyTheGameInventor

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough and perfectly honest review. Your assessment of the hotel is much appreciated! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 17 February 2011

This hotel was fabulously located in the Queen Anne district. It was near the theater, Space Needle, sound, market and free public transportation. I found it to be everything promised on its website and more. My parents will be revisiting Seattle this year and plan to stay at this hotel. That's quite an endorsement as we have completely different tastes and needs.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Wanderer1103
Reviewed 2 February 2011

What a treasure of a hotel. My husband and I flew to Seattle for a romantic get-away and loved the MarQueen. It's beautiful and historic, we had a kitchen and a sitting room. It was so quiet, I never heard someone walking or talking in the hallway or the TV of an ajoining room.

The hotel staff were great. They were friendly and we had some laughs with them. When we decided to use public transportation to get around they spent time with us with maps and told us which bus to take and always checked with us at the end of the day to see how we made out.

If you're looking for something trendy or funky this is not the place for you but if you want a quaint, cozy and clean room with excellent customer service I hightly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Kdotto, Manager at MarQueen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2011

Thank you for sharing with us! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your romantic getaway and that our hotel and staff made for delightful experience. We'll see you on your next getaway!