“Not bad”

Ranked #54 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Chicago, Illinois
“Not bad”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Hotel was nice, and seemed very authentic. The room was comfortable, restaurant below was convenient and nice.

The room had a feeling of a studio apartment. There was a kitchenette, and felt like a single occupancy room.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to take the train/rail to downtown. You wont regret it. Defiantly see the Chiu...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Hebrew first
Middleburg
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We spent one night in this unique hotel. This historical place was rather unique to say the least. It was originally built in 1918 for the purpose of training Ford employees, providing them with lodging while they went through training. Each room is a small apartment and it is furnished from that bygone era. We were in a king room, and had a fully functional kitchen with microwave, stove, and coffee maker, as well as a refrigerator. The floors are all "old" hardwood, and the bathroom floor is the old white tile that looks like it had "chicken wire" running through it! We had a ground floor room, street side and it was extremely quiet. One drawback is this hotel does not have an elevator. I had heard this and specifically requested a ground floor room. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. There is a small lounge attached to the hotel and serve a very simple breakfast that consisted of a toasted bagel, fruit cup and yogurt cup, as well as coffee or tea. Nothing great but adequate. There are a few restaurants in the area. A Mexican restaurant across the street, but evidently they had a big Cinco de Mayo celebration going on because the line was around the corner. We ate dinner at 10 Mercer, which is on the backside of this hotel around the corner. The food was excellent and we enjoyed it very much. This is a unique place to stay, but I think the location is a little "shady". It is well worth a one time stay, but would probably prefer a more upscale hotel in the future.

Room Tip: If you don't want to haul your luggage up a flight of stairs or two, request a ground floor room...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ron R
Burbank, California
Reviewed 12 May 2014

From the second you walk in the staff is awesome. The lobby and rooms look like what you wish the queen Mary looked like. Like a restored Titanic era hotel. My room was great, location was ideal. Space needle, water front, park, play house, dive bars and high end restaurants all with in a short walk. But,,, I really do think this hotel is haunted lol.

Room Tip: Ok,, I swear my room was haunted!! But I would go back again. 320 had a view of the street and a lit...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank NurseVondi
wichita falls, tx
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Loved the MarQueen! This hotel is located in a great neighborhood with lots of great restaurants nearby and a very upscale 24 hour grocery store a block away. Valet parking is expensive but the in and out parking is well worth it as parking is hard to find. The rooms are great with a small sitting area opening into the bedroom. There is also a nice sized kitchen with a big refrigerator and microwave. We had 2 rooms and my mom's room had a stove. Lots of kitchen storage with pots and pans although we never cooked. Who wants to cook when Seattle is filled with fabulous restaurants. The hotel does not have elevators but you can stay on the 1st floor. However, I would think those floors would be noisy. Our room was very quiet as we did not have a view but faced a wall (had plant scenes painted so not bad). We were on the 2nd floor with 2 short flights of steps. You also have to walk up about 7 steps to get to the lobby. The rooms were very brightly lit and cheerful. The only 2 bad things I have to say about the hotel is that the beds were way too soft and the free internet connection was so bad we really could never use our computer. However, this was a leisure trip and we did not stay in our room much. Really loved the atmosphere of the hotel, friendly staff and breakfast is free!

Room Tip: 2nd or 3rd floor with a room that does not have a view, if you plan to cook, ask for a room with a v...
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I got this hotel through a priceline deal, I did a secret bid. I think I bid about 76$ on a tuesday night. So we didn't really know what to expect, but we walked from the clipper ferry to this hotel, it was less than a mile and we travel light. We arrived and although there was some riff raff on the streets it didn't feel unsafe because there were lots of people out and about in the area at night. There are a lot of activities, theaters, cafes, and pubs around the hotel. There is also a lounge in the hotel, we only went there for the continental breakfast, which was simple, but nice. I was impressed that they served good yogurt in a dish with fruit and muesli, not just a plastic pack of dannon with fake fruit. The rooms were large and felt more like a turn of the century apartment. There were oriental rugs and detailed tiles. It felt very romantic for us. Also there was a nice kitchen and dining room that was partially stocked. This would work very well as an efficiency apartment. Overall, I really loved staying here. The staff was great, the rooms were antique feeling but very, very clean. I almost felt like I could take a bath in the tub, but I didn't. It was a very enjoyable stay and I would definitely return and recommend this hotel, especially to those who like boutique hotels, or bed and breakfast feeling places.

Also the bed was extremely comfortable and the sheets felt nice and thick, wonderful for Seattle weather.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the street and the noise and light didn't really bother me. (Tuesday night...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HoosierKiwi
North Carolina
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Overall we had a great experience with our one-year-old; the hotel is definitely older but it was in good shape and was very clean. The service was great and although the rooms were old, they were roomy with a small kitchen. The location was good with plenty of restaurants, bus stops, and a 24-hour Metropolitan Market nearby. My only complaints were about breakfast, wifi, and the shower, and all were minor. Breakfast is continental (small yogurt/granola, bagel, and a few pieces of fruit) so not really enough for most adults but they did give us one for our infant. They also say no substitutions but we were allowed to change a few things (e.g. no honey on the yogurt) for the infant. The wifi in the room only worked if you were near the door, so it was a pain to sit in the corner to use it. Lastly, the shower head was comically low - I'm 6'1" and the top was level with my nose. I know that this is an older hotel but considering that the shower head is connected to an external pipe running from the faucet, this should be an easy fix. It's definitely a remnant of days when people were shorter. The room itself was very spacious with 10-foot ceilings, a walk-in closet, and a separate kitchen and eating area. I was expecting much more noise from the street and through the walls but it was actually pretty quiet. The HVAC unit had a pretty loud fan and a manual function so never heard anything else.

Room Tip: We didn't have any noise issues on a second-floor street-side room. There are rooms on the first...
1 Thank maxpower212
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This is an charming, old hotel that is very quiet, clean and comfortable. Our room was probably a small apartment in a previous life. It was large, clean and comfortable. Beds were great. Plumbing old, but worked fine. Loved the full kitchen. The staff was friendly and very eager to help. The best part is the location. So many cafes, restaurants and shops. Very walkable. If you have a car, easy to find parking spaces (street parking is free from 8pm-8am). Nearby 24 hour drug store and a Safeway. Beautiful neighborhood!

The hotel is not handicap accessible. The continental breakfast is nothing to write home about, but that said, I would stay here again. I got a good deal through Expedia.

Room Tip: I stayed here as a visitor from another large city. I was nervous about keeping a car. It was fin...