“A gem of a hotel in the heart of Seattle”

Mayflower Park Hotel
Ranked #17 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 12 April 2011

I've stayed at many Seattle hotels, and this one is absolutely the best...great staff, unbeatable central location, perfect ambiance. The lounge (Oliver's) is deliciously relaxing whether I'm there with friends or my husband. And you won't find nicer, more efficient people at any hotel; the staff really makes this hotel the outstanding place it is. Try it; you'll love it.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with two bathrooms.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,319)

Reviewed 12 April 2011

It was the perfect hotel for a mother and daughter weekend. We will be back!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2011

Very comfortable room with many amenities. We were there for the Mariners and Sounders games. Short walk to link station to ride to Stadium: $3.50 round trip. When we got back late and didn't want to order a full room service meal, it was only a short walk to a late night grocer for snacks. Right next to Westlake mall and great shopping. King suite was quiet and comfortable with plenty of room. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. $20 per night Valet parking. Pull in front of Olive Way entrance. Takes about 10-15 minutes for car retrieval. Only picky thing...I'm tall so I have to tip the shower head up in some older hotels. The towel rack is in the shower and I wasn't paying attention enough to realize I was getting the other towels wet from the shower spray so I suggest moving the towels out if you are tall.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2011

I wrote to the Mayflower to tell them I was returning after not being there for some time. We had wtinessed something in the area that was really tragic and hadn't been back since. It was no fault of the hotel what had happened. When we arrived we found they had put us in a beautiful suite and written a nice letter. They had also put some yummy treats in the room which my 2 17 yr olds loved.The service was excellent-they let us keep our car and bags there the next day until 6 pm while we went to the market. We will definately be returning soon.

Room Tip: Call and make a reservation and ask 4 best rate
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2011

I am a regular with hotels, as my business requires me to travel frequently. I booked this hotel for a one night stay in order to photograph Seattle. I try to review various hotels, especially if the experience is significant.

The Mayflower Park was a massive disappointment in
-Appearance
-Accommodation
-Most importantly, customer service.

Check-in was average; however I noticed that in the "business center" (standing kiosks only) we could see guests conducting their business at computer stations.

The room was shabby at best, and about the size of a closet. We walked in and noticed that the room was dingy, small, and had only one bed. I am disabled; room size is easy to overlook, if the room is presented acceptably and I can get around.

We requested a second bed: No can do. We requested audience with a manager and let him know very clearly we were not happy. He was accusatory and combative, but kindly offered a roll-away bed. We finally conceded, and the manager continued to be combative.

After that was over, we decided to see the city. Apparently the hotel was connected to access for various methods of transportation. Not for us; we were sent outside and around the building as the result of an event happening at the hotel. Again, I'm disabled which is unfortunately clearly visible. Regardless, we were sent outside in slick rain on concrete, with no assistance offered by doormen. I had to grapple down wet cement stairs and into rain. After clearing yet another flight of stairs, we made it to our transportation.

Upon our return to the hotel, we called to request a roll away. After four hours and three calls to the front desk, it came. An employee set it up, and left absolutely no clear path to the restroom as a result of the small room. That is not possible for me-again, he could see that I was in need of better accommodation, so he moved furniture all over the place attempting to clear a small opening for me to reach a restroom in the night. Up to this point the entire hotel experience had not only been inconvenient, but extremely dangerous.

Then our neighbors chirped in. We could hear the conversations of hotel guests in rooms next to us through the walls.

The next morning, we checked out. We looked to the front desk after checkout, just in time to see the hotel's (very) young manager clearly talking about us as we walked away.

It was one of the most demoralizing experiences of my life.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
7  Thank MidnightShow
Reviewed 21 March 2011

We got an excellent rate that included parking and breakfast. Our room was almost a suite. Yes, the bathroom was small, but compared to all the other pluses, who cares. A block or two from Macys and Nordstroms, and a 7 or 8 minutes walk to Pike's Pier. Staff very friendly. For a shopping and sightseeing trip, the Mayflower was great.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2011

location is wonderful! but if you are staying longer than a couple of days, the old fashioned small bathroom gets old - i prefer clean, updated bathroom with granite and bigger counter for make up. My toothpaste actually fill in to toilet bowl which is right under the tiny glass counter. bathroom door would not shut! bed was very lumpy, i missed my own bed! TV was tiny! no microwave! no refrigerator! so I am looking for comfort and modernistic next year! ambiance can only make you happy for so long!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple