“Perfect location”

Ranked #18 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Atlanta, GA
“Perfect location”
Reviewed 25 April 2011

My husband and I stayed here recently and we loved it. The location was perfect because we could walk to everything, take the train or the monorail, it was fantastic! The concierge was able to make reservations for use and get a fantastic table for us.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (507)
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 24 April 2011

This is a very stylish hotel with a classy feel to it. The building, furnishings and appearance all ooze class and style, as do the staff. The hotel is superbly located right in the shopping heart of seattle, with 2 shopping centres within 1-2 blocks, the monorail to the Sky Needle next door, and Pikes market place about a 5 minute walk away.

The room with 2 queens was very comfortable, with very high standard furnishings and confortable beds. Our room also had 2 bathrooms - we didn't need it but would be handy for a family of 4.

The room service and restaurant food is of a very good standard and value, and there was a nice bar downstairs to have a quiet beer after a days sightseeing, while my teenage son used the free in room wifi to catch up with friends.

Overall, I would not stay anywhere else when visiting Seattle.

Room Tip: Check the hotel website for specials.
Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 24 April 2011

Always the hotel of choice when I go to Seattle. Staff very friendly and professional. It feels like family. Great to have a beautiful NON CHAIN hotel so centrally located in the best city in the country!!!! Keep it up!!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
SoCal
Reviewed 21 April 2011

The hotel is older, but charming. It is like going to your grandmother's place...everything is in order, clean, but old. If you don't mind that, then this hotel can't be beat.

We had room with double beds, and it was quite spacious for a downtown hotel location. The bathroom is small, but typical. No individual toiletries, but they were provided through bulk dispenser attached as fixtures, which we actually prefer. Our room faced the street, which was noisy during the day, but quieter at night. (at least we didn't notice it) If you plan to sleep in, you may not want to get a street facing room.

The location is really convenient. We walked to Pike's Place with young kids and it was a nice walk...less than 10 minutes, even despite the occassional drizzle and wind. Macy's was across the street and Nordstorm was half a block away. What we really appreciated most was the hotel had a entry into the mall, which has access to the metro rail, a 4 minute ride to the Science Centre area.

The hotel did not have a driveway area so you are basically unloading off the main and busy street. Valet parking was included in our room and that helped a lot. We called the hotel directly to make reservations and they waived the parking fee. Free appetizers provided in the late afternoon.

The service was outstanding! The concierge was closed, so I asked the front desk clerk for information. She even went out of her way to call the restaurant and wrote down all the directions for me.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Martinez, California
Reviewed 19 April 2011

Just got back. Hotel is in a great location. We walked everywhere, up to the Paramount theater, down to Pike's Place. Light rail is 1 block away to airport. Bus is 1 block away and free for downtown. Staff was always very friendly and helpful. Breakfast in the Andaluca restaurant was very good. Street noice is a little loud but it is a downtown hotel. I'm a light sleeper but I didn't find it too bad.

Stuttgart
Reviewed 14 April 2011

What a perfect night away! The location is great for shopping and dining in the center of the city. The rooms were cozy and comfortable, and the little touches made it a wonderful night. We had an excellent breakfast as well. Hope to make this a yearly get away with my husband.

Beavercreek, Ohio
Reviewed 12 April 2011

I stayed in the deluxe queen and was surprised at how much living space was included. I had a wetbar area with countertop and storage space underneath for nonperishables, mini fridge and even a small sink. Only thing missing was a microwave which would have been a bonus! My queen bed was extra comfy and I was happy that an extra blanket was included in the closet. The closet was small but I didn't bring much - don't think a couple would have enough clothing space especially since drawer space was limited. Counter space in the bathroom was also limited but I was able to make do with what I had. They installed apple TV (which is a new offering) for me but with the internet connection being sketchy, it never did work for me. Overall, I was happy with my room and I couldn't ask for a better location and the price was RIGHT! I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business