“Can't beat their service & location!”

Mayflower Park Hotel
Ranked #17 of 105 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 14 October 2011

Stayed for 2 nights recently w/the BF & couldn't believe how awesome everything was! As I'm an Entertainment Card member, was able to book the room for 50% off the rack rate, which was still over 20% off the seasonal rate, and there was no fee or penalty for cancellation.

The hotel is actually attached to Westlake Center, which is located directly over the Westlake Transit Tunnel, through which not only the LINK rail from Sea-Tac is connected but also several city & suburban express busses pass through. As we'd arrived on the Amtrak, it was a quick (FREE!) ride from the station to the hotel.

We arrived a couple of hours prior to check-in but the front desk was very accommodating & gave us a room immediately, with the offer that if we had any issues w/noise or location that they'd willingly move us to a different room.

As the hotel's website said, it's decorated in a traditional style so if you're looking for ultra modern, this won't be for you. However, the decor didn't matter to us as much as location, comfort & service and this hotel has all of those in spades!

The room is exactly per their website's "Classic Guestroom" photo: generously proportioned w/a separate walk-in closet w/safe, full entertainment armoire, work desk & seating area, the bed linens were wonderful (altho the mattress was a little too soft for my liking), and the bathroom was a decent size too. Their toiletries are very high quality Gieves & Hawkes, which I really appreciated! I also like that their shower curtain rail is curved out so there's no icky wet curtain to stick to your skin. There's plenty of counter space for personal wash bags as well.

There's in-room wifi which requires a password (changed monthly) but that's already on a card w/in the room. The signal wasn't always @ full bars but never dropped.

I would comment however that there's no fan in the bathroom so the mirrors get foggy, and that the towel rack/bar is located @ the back of the tub/shower enclosure itself & there's only 2 hooks which are installed @ the top of the bathroom door, thus the towels get a bit damp after a shower. Also, when I was trying to hang my towel after showering I either had to hang it over the tub (awkward reach) or jump up to try & catch the door hooks (I'm 5' tall). I would really suggest to the hotel to look @ installing some extra bars/hooks to separate the new/dry towels, which already take up all the space on the existing rack, from used/wet towels elsewhere in the bathroom.

The concierge & doormen were really helpful w/dining & shopping suggestions, and due to some pretty wacky weather, we were glad to take advantage of the complimentary umbrellas which were available to guests.

We didn't eat in Andaluca but did order an American Breakfast room service to share (yay for US portions!) which was very delicious & delivered promptly on a sturdy wooden tray w/linens & cutlery.

We were able to request a late checkout and when I mentioned some noise from the "Occupy Seattle" demonstrations, the lady said we should've told them as they would have happily moved us to a room on the other side of the hotel. The noise wasn't a big deal when the windows were closed tho so I didn't feel like a complaint needed to be made.

All in all, the Mayflower Park Hotel is definitely on our list when we visit Seattle again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor, away from an ice machine & facing the Space Needle!
1  Thank AWC886
Write a ReviewReviews (2,352)

Reviewed 11 October 2011

Hotel might need to update some rooms. The bathroom in ours was a bit dumpy. Wallpaper peeling off the wall. And there was no place to hang a towel around the sink area. Only towel holders were in the shower — which I hate — and on the back of the door.

We stayed here at the end of a trip to Seattle. At the beginning of the trip we stayed at the Hyatt Olive 8 and it was really nice. New hotels are the way to go. Or updated ones...

Reviewed 11 October 2011

This hotel was a great surprise. I has been restored beautifully. Very clean. Room was small but very comfortable, and had everything you needed.
Staff were most helpful, and the restaurant there served delicious food.
This hotel is located within walking distance of the Pike place market (3-4) blocks, and lots of interesting places around.

Reviewed 9 October 2011

We had 3 in our party for a girls getaway. We arrived on Wednesday for a real treat. This hotel is truly amazing. The staff is extremely courteous and friendly. The rooms are spotless and the bellman Sen was so friendly and helpful. The room itself had 2 beds and 2 restrooms so we were able to get ready alot faster than with just one. This was a pleasant surprise. It is an easy walk to lots of shops and Pike Place market which is alot of fun. I cannot say enough about the service we received while we were there. They even had a free wine tasting on Wednesday evening and that was alot of fun. I would highly recommend the Mayflower Park to everyone

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 October 2011

This is an edited review - I deleted my earlier review due to what happened after we checked out. Service - top notch, room - very comfortable, clean. Size of room - on the small side, but well appointed - coffee, TV, ice only on certain floors. Size of bathroom - ok, shower only, but only 18" between edge of sink & wall of shower - large people are in trouble.

Back to service - have to mention how helpful the doormen were. They held bags for us before we checked in (after some discussion), and again on our return. Concierge & doormen were great with directions & looked up bus routes as well.

Why the edit? We were here on a group rate and entered a special code into the website. The quote I was given had tax = 0.00. Since the regular website quote showed tax, I assumed tax was included in the special rate. When I questioned it on check out, it was taken off (I had the e-mail confirmation), but then charged to my card two days later. Though they were correct that the tax was due (I was going to challenge it on my credit card but checked the group's site & it did say "+ tax"), I feel a call or e-mail was appropriate explaining the re-charge. Thus, 1 star taken off a 5* review.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2011

We especially enjoyed the Andaluca restaurant, excellent food and friendly staff. Location in the center of town made our sightseeig very convienient. Higlhly recommend for a Seattle stay.

Reviewed 6 October 2011

This hotel has a great location,classic designed rooms and a friendly staff. We were checked in early on our arrival to a warm and cozy queen room. The bed linens, towels and wonderful bathrobes were a welcome treat coming in from the Olympic National Parks! Small details like a soap dish, large hand cream and shampoos and the best amenity-a multiple electric port that handled all of our electronics were really appreciated! What a concept! Thank you! Great idea!

We had a breakfast/parking package that was perfect for us. The car valet was quick, friendly and helpful with directions. Breakfast choices were excellent with large but tasty portions. Dinner at Andaluca was excellent as was Oliver's snacks.
What a great location for sightseeing-walking or catching the city transit! This is the hotel of "yes", I can help you. The professional, friendly staff made our stay perfect in every way!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple