“Perfect little hotel!”

Ranked #21 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Gulf Coast, USA
“Perfect little hotel!”
Reviewed 30 October 2012

We selected this hotel for an overnight stay from a list of the King Tut exhibit packages through the Pacific Science Center. This place is so warm and inviting with wonderful employees to make your stay all that you hope for. We had the worst experience with a taxi driver from the cruise terminal (he actually took our credit card and when he was finally tracked down, he wanted us to pay him the fare to bring it back!). It was too early to check in, but the concierge handled making calls to the cab company, stored our luggage, handed us our exhibit tickets, gave us directions, told us to have a good time and said she would call when the room was ready and the taxi driver was found. She did everything and more. When we got back, we had a nice surprise with a room upgrade. The living room was comfortable, the bathroom and amenities were nice and the bed was fabulous! After a great night's sleep, the concierge called a town car for our ride to the airport and it didn't disappoint. Stay here, you will love it!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (493)
  • Korean first
Laguna Beach, CA
Reviewed 26 October 2012

This hotel appeared to be what I like, however I did not have the highest expectations as I had just left the Davenport Hotel in Spokane and almost nothing comes close in comparison. Well, I was quite wrong. The Mayflower Park was lovely, fabulously located, and QUIET. Our room was spacious, comfortable and well appointed. The staff was helpful and "calm"....I dislike frenetic lobbies where staff takes on an air of being too busy for you.
I look forward to my next stay.

La Grange Park, Illinois
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Although this hotel is older and our room showed a little wear, the entire experience in the hotel was delightful. The public rooms are beautiful. Our room was very clean and very comfortable. The staff, including in the restaurant and bar, were warm, friendly and helpful. The hotel is very conveniently located in walking distance to Pike Market and all downtown events. It is right next to the Monorail station. If you prefer a hotel with some charm, as opposed to a sterile, modern hotel, this is the place for you.

San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Our experience was very nice! We stayed 3 nights and got the Sunnyside Up package which included breakfast and valet parking. Breakfast was at the adjoining restaurant, Andaluca. The breakfast options were basic. The location was great. We walked to Pike Place Market which was about 5 blocks away and rode the monorail, Westlake Center station is around the corner. It took us to Space Needle/Chihuly Garden of Glass, and EMP Museum. We probably didn't need to rent the car at the airport while we were there but at the end of our stay when we proceeded to Portland, OR. There was an Avis Car Rental a block away. The wireless internet worked fine. The only complaint is the bathroom. It is an old hotel. The toilet is so close to the wall that the toilet paper holder was under my armpit!!! The towel rack was on the back wall above the bathtub, so there was no where to hang your towel. I hung my hand towel over the make-up mirror. My hubby just left his on the edge of the sink. We just left the bath towels on the floor. There was a wall where they could have put a towel rack.

The weather was both rainy and sunny. The temperature was in the 60s. We could change the temperature in the room but couldn't turn off the fan. It was high, low, or automatic. It kept turning on and off through the night which kept waking me up.

When we checked out, the front desk person said no incidentals and gave us our bill in an envelope. I just assumed it was correct. After we left I checked the statement. It seemed higher than what I thought. When we reached our next hotel, I checked the confirmation email. I was charged $20 more per night. When we returned home, I scanned the statement and attached it to the confirmation email and sent it to Craig of the Mayflower Hotel. He responded the same day adjusting our bill and advising I will be receiving a credit for the difference. I will have to check my account in a few days.

All in all, it is a very nice hotel and would stay there again.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 12th floor, room 1206. Very quiet. Other reviews said that they could hear th...
Monrovia, California
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Very OLD hotel with rooms that have probably been improved sometime within the last 4 decades, but hard to tell. Great downtown location, with the light rail station to the airport and monorail to the Space Needle and music museum essentially in-house. The bar Olivers and restaurant Andaluca are above average. But the rooms are old, the bathrooms cramped and cracked and showing age, the carpet stained and threadbare. And the WORST hotel towels I have experienced since a visit to a Motel 6 in the '80s . . . a car wash would be ashamed to use these sandpaper-like mini-towels. No mini-bar, must pay for ANY bottled water . . . but at least internet access was complimentary. All told, not bad, but I think I will try something else next time.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Michigan
Reviewed 22 October 2012

This is the third time I've stayed at the Mayflower Park Hotel. It seems that work conferences come up in Seattle every few years and since I've found the Mayflower I can avoid the big impersonal hotels and still have an excellent room at a decent price.
The hotel is more convenient to the South Lake trolley, the Monorail and the train to/from the airport than any other downtown hotel. It is a few minute walk to Pike Place Market and the waterfront. Could not be in a better location!
The rooms are spacious, well-decorated and classic. The bathroom has cool old tile, sink and tub. The rooms have an older feel, but are totally updated.
The staff is super helpful and friendly, the concierge helped us get tickets for the Arcade Lights event at the market and gave us information on King Tut and the SAM.
I've recommended the Mayflower Park to co-workers and everyone seems to love its personality and charm.

Room Tip: Last time we stayed, I someone scored a room with two full bathrooms, not sure why or how, but it wa...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Oahu, Hawaii
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Talk about convenience, you can take the light rail from SeaTac right to the Westlake Shopping center. The hotel is attached to the center. You can walk to Pike's Market, take the monorail to the Seattle Space needle complex and light rail to the international district or to stadium for a Seahawks game. There's great shopping and restaurants all within walking distance.

And the hotel staff are top notch: very polite, helpful and attentive. I'm staying here next time I'm in Seattle.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family