“Great location and comfortable”

Mayflower Park Hotel
Ranked #17 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Convenient downtown location. Close to shopping, public transportation, and restaurants. Very professional service. The corner suite is spacious and sunny. However, Valet is over $40/night with taxes. On the other hand, may be it is the going rate.

Room Tip: Higher floor with # 07 corner suites are spacious. Can see the water and mountain range.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank worldtravelwa
There are newer reviews for Mayflower Park Hotel

Reviewed 12 May 2013

We stayed for two nights on our first visit to Seattle and wanted somewhere central and convenient for travelling in from the airport. Check in was efficient and amiable, and our room was spacious. We had a corner room with two windows which was nice, although unfortunately one looked over the generators and the other looked straight into an office window within almost touching distance.

Having arrived late in the day not wanting an evening meal but looking for a little snack, we headed down to the bar, Oliver's. The drinks, snacks and service were great and didn't seem as expensive as some hotel bars can be - it was just a nice place to spend an evening.

For the price we paid, the large room and excellent central location, this hotel was a really good choice.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheWelshRover
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I recently stayed at this property for 5 nights to attend a conference. Here are the pros and cons of this hotel:

Pros:
Good location - 3 blocks to the convention center, 3-4 blocks to Pike's place market. The train station for the The Light link train to and from the airport is one block from the hotel (only $2.50 to travel from the airport to central Seattle!). The adjacent and connected small shopping center has a decent food court (recommend the greek food). There is a Starbucks on the corner and 5 or 6 more within a few blocks! Whole Foods grocery is 4 to 5 blocks away and within walking distance. Also, the Monorail to the Space needle is adjacent to the hotel.

Comfortable rooms - I was upgraded to a small suite, which was nice. The room was comfortable as were the beds. The bathroom and furniture were well maintained and clean. There was a coffee maker in the room.

Cons:
1. I checked out very early to catch a 6 am flight. I was told that my receipt was not available and it would be emailed to me. It is now 5 days later and I still have not gotten it. I have emailed the hotel to make sure that they have my address, but no response. This lack of follow through is unacceptable in my opinion and I will call the hotel to get it straightened out.
2. There is no refrigerator in the room - although Whole Foods is 4-5 blocks away, there is no way to store anything in your room.
3. The TVs in my room did not work when I checked in. However, the hotel was responsive and sent someone to repair them within 30 minutes.
4. The general area of the hotel is a large shopping district - but the square adjacent to the hotel (in front of Westlake center) constantly had a rough-looking and loud crowd. I did not have or see any problems, but I was uncomfortable. Add to this the many panhandlers (some aggressive), it made the walk to and back from the convention center unpleasant. I realize that this is not the hotel's fault (and if you stay in any of the area's hotels you will experience the same problem), but I think it is important that the reader is prepared and careful if they stay in this area.
4. Although Pike's place is relatively near by - there is not much to see there but crowds. If you want a nice experience, continue down to the waterfront to Myrtle Edwards Park.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to a small suite.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
David B, Front Office Manager at Mayflower Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

LukesDad,

I'm very sorry to read that you've had a problem obtaining a copy of your invoice, please call the hotel at 206.623.8700 and ask for David or email me directly, my address is David@Mayflowerpark.com.

During your next visit, the hotel does have refrigerators that can be placed in your room at no charge upon request

Thank you for taking the time write a review.

Regards,
David

Reviewed 11 May 2013

A quaint, upscale hotel with very professional service. Wonderful bar and restaurant. Great helpful staff. We must have returned our car back to the valet 4 times each day and it was never a problem. Within walking distance to everything and all sorts of transportation modes. two blocks to the Pike Place Market.
Beds were so comfy and the shower was just great. Got hot water immediately..... The rooms were a little small but for two people this was just fine. Everything worked and the guests were placed so that there was little opportunity for any noisy disturbances.

Room Tip: You may want to ask for a larger room. We had a queen single.....
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OHN_13
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We spent two nights at the Mayflower Park Hotel. It was our first visit to Seattle and we found the location to be very convenient - we caught the light rail from the airport, and then it was just a couple of minutes' stroll with our luggage (on wheels!) to the hotel.

The foyer is certainly impressive, and our dealings with reception were efficient but not particularly friendly or welcoming. That's not to say it was unfriendly - but I note the other reviewers have raved about their welcome. We are cheery, polite people so I don't think it was us....

Our room was very comfortable. We didn't dine in the restaurant, and the bar was undergoing renovation the first night we were there. The room service menu is fairly limited for a large hotel in a big city. We ended up needing dinner fairly late and realised that we had to get our order in quickly as most of the menu ceased at 9:00pm (despite the website saying there's a 24-hour room service menu). We are pescetarians so that limits our choices, and the only options (even before 9:00pm) for us were the tomato bread soup and a cheese plate. These were very good, to be fair - so we were satisfied.

We chose to eat breakfast elsewhere each day - can recommend Lowell's down at Pike Place Market, and also Bacco Cafe not far from Pike Place Market.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mareepsasja
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We had a wonderful time staying at the Mayflower. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the room was clean, and the food and drink was notable. The hotel feels very warm and inviting, not cold and austere. This is definitely the place I will stay when I return to Seattle.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2013

For our honeymoon, we went on a two week trip along the west coast, starting in Seattle, and what a great start! The hotel is so conveniently located - 5 mins walk to both pike market and downtown. Staff was very friendly and they even got us a congratulations cards signed by staff members. That was such a lovely touch. Room was not very big but well appointed. We didn't pay for breakfast to save cost, and instead went down to pike market for good breakfast with great view of the bay.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple