“Mayflower Park Hotel Post Cruise”

Mayflower Park Hotel
Ranked #17 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 19 May 2013

The Mayflower Park is a great hotel located in downtown Seattle. We stayed here May 15,2013 after our Celebrity Solstice cruise. We arrived a little after 9AM. When we pulled up the doorman and another gentleman immediately were helping taxi driver with our bags. First part of exceptional service! We then went to front desk never expecting a room to be ready! The front desk representative was very upbeat and friendly.She had a room ready on 11th floor. She informed us that the Andulucar Rest. in the hotel had complimentary wine tasting between 4:30-5:30PM.
The hotel is older but kept in excellent shape. The room overlooked Macy's and just around corner from the monorail. Room has free WiFi and was very comfortable.
We stopped in to the wine tasting and it was more like a great get together ! You got to try the wine of your preference and were offered refills when the glass was empty. The rest. was very nice looking and had a feel of elegance. The hotels other rest. Is Oliver's and was extremely busy in the early afternoon. Great social location!
We had questions about the area and the concierge was extremely helpful. She had brochures and maps and was willing to sit and talk to us about Seattle. Not all concierge are that accommodating ! Made my mind up that next visit will stay here!
Had early morning flight and checked out 3:30AM and gentlemen at front desk were also upbeat giving us a warm good morning! They checked us out and asked if we needed help with the bags.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,340)

Reviewed 16 May 2013

I booked this hotel on a whim.
After reading reviews and because of its location to what my family and I would be doing in Seattle, I decided to stay here.
When I got there, the staff was Super friendly, informative, and Helpful!
Everything was great. We had 2 bedroom 2 bathroom room on the 9th floor. The view was nice, my family slept well.
And I hate to say anything bad about this place because the staff was so wonderful, and the location couldn't have been more perfect.
But it wasn't until we started packing in the morning, and checking to make sure that we remembered everything. Is when we found a shriveled up eaten Apple core under one bed. And a pair of women's corked wedged sandals under the other...
Other than that everything was wonderful. We all had a Great time. Despite the semi clean room. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank littlemrsd
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Love the Mayflower. Very central to downtown Seattle, especially the shopping areas.
Convenient to public transport with buses and monrail as well as direct airport connections right next door.
The staff at the Mayflower are some of the best I've encounter. Personal touches, always a smile and super helpful.
I've stayed at the Mayflower twice on business trips and my only slight negative is that the work desks are absolutely tiny. However, there's free wifi and comfy beds which is my main priority.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2013

This was my first trip to Seattle (main purpose was a conference for work) but decided to stay three extra days to explore the area. I choose the Mayflower based on the reviews here and the fact I would rather stay at an older hotel with character, charm and history. We were upgraded to the top floor (12th) corner suite (room 1215). Wow, just perfect and lots of room for two people. The views were great and the overall appearance, quality of the bed, sheets, towels was top notch. Everyone staff member we encounters was super friendly and helpful. The bar offered snacks from 4 to 6 which was perfect for a late snack. We had breakfast at the restaurant and it was really good. The hotel is located within a easy walk to the conference center, pikes market, REI and the monorail that takes you to the space needle. We had no complaints whatsoever and look forward to returning.

Room Tip: 1215 was amazing!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank sweetbutnocandy1
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Convenient downtown location. Close to shopping, public transportation, and restaurants. Very professional service. The corner suite is spacious and sunny. However, Valet is over $40/night with taxes. On the other hand, may be it is the going rate.

Room Tip: Higher floor with # 07 corner suites are spacious. Can see the water and mountain range.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank worldtravelwa
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We stayed for two nights on our first visit to Seattle and wanted somewhere central and convenient for travelling in from the airport. Check in was efficient and amiable, and our room was spacious. We had a corner room with two windows which was nice, although unfortunately one looked over the generators and the other looked straight into an office window within almost touching distance.

Having arrived late in the day not wanting an evening meal but looking for a little snack, we headed down to the bar, Oliver's. The drinks, snacks and service were great and didn't seem as expensive as some hotel bars can be - it was just a nice place to spend an evening.

For the price we paid, the large room and excellent central location, this hotel was a really good choice.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheWelshRover
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I recently stayed at this property for 5 nights to attend a conference. Here are the pros and cons of this hotel:

Pros:
Good location - 3 blocks to the convention center, 3-4 blocks to Pike's place market. The train station for the The Light link train to and from the airport is one block from the hotel (only $2.50 to travel from the airport to central Seattle!). The adjacent and connected small shopping center has a decent food court (recommend the greek food). There is a Starbucks on the corner and 5 or 6 more within a few blocks! Whole Foods grocery is 4 to 5 blocks away and within walking distance. Also, the Monorail to the Space needle is adjacent to the hotel.

Comfortable rooms - I was upgraded to a small suite, which was nice. The room was comfortable as were the beds. The bathroom and furniture were well maintained and clean. There was a coffee maker in the room.

Cons:
1. I checked out very early to catch a 6 am flight. I was told that my receipt was not available and it would be emailed to me. It is now 5 days later and I still have not gotten it. I have emailed the hotel to make sure that they have my address, but no response. This lack of follow through is unacceptable in my opinion and I will call the hotel to get it straightened out.
2. There is no refrigerator in the room - although Whole Foods is 4-5 blocks away, there is no way to store anything in your room.
3. The TVs in my room did not work when I checked in. However, the hotel was responsive and sent someone to repair them within 30 minutes.
4. The general area of the hotel is a large shopping district - but the square adjacent to the hotel (in front of Westlake center) constantly had a rough-looking and loud crowd. I did not have or see any problems, but I was uncomfortable. Add to this the many panhandlers (some aggressive), it made the walk to and back from the convention center unpleasant. I realize that this is not the hotel's fault (and if you stay in any of the area's hotels you will experience the same problem), but I think it is important that the reader is prepared and careful if they stay in this area.
4. Although Pike's place is relatively near by - there is not much to see there but crowds. If you want a nice experience, continue down to the waterfront to Myrtle Edwards Park.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to a small suite.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
David B, Front Office Manager at Mayflower Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

LukesDad,

I'm very sorry to read that you've had a problem obtaining a copy of your invoice, please call the hotel at 206.623.8700 and ask for David or email me directly, my address is David@Mayflowerpark.com.

During your next visit, the hotel does have refrigerators that can be placed in your room at no charge upon request

Thank you for taking the time write a review.

Regards,