“Great location and staff”

Mayflower Park Hotel
Ranked #17 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I booked two rooms from 7/6/13 to 7/9/13, a Classic Queen (room 1017) for my father-in-law, and a Deluxe Queen Queen (room 1011) for my family (2 adults and 2 children). I booked the Queen Queen room with the "Sunny Side Up Package" rate ($249/day) which included valet parking ($35/day value) and two breakfast vouchers at the hotel restaurant Andaluca ($25/day value).

The Deluxe Queen Queen room was very spacious considering this is a downtown hotel. However the bathroom was very small, with only a thin shelf for counter space, towel storage inside the shower, and no towel racks (very odd). Staff for the hotel was professional, friendly, and quick to respond to our needs. We had three separate requests: extra towels; TV not working; and a non-feather pillow. Each request was completed within 10 minutes. They do not have self-serve guest laundry (coin-op machines), but instead offer a very pricey laundry service. The bell-hop service was the best I have ever experienced. Small tips seem to go a long way. The Concierge desk will not let you take the luggage cart to your room yourself, you must call for bell-hop (strange). The rooms seem to have very thick walls, with the only noise coming through the door from the hallways. My father-in-law stated that he slept "better than ever" in his room.

The location is great. Walking distance to Pike Place Market and connected directly to the monorail plaza via indoor hallways. Monorail takes cash only, but is an inexpensive way to get to Seattle center (space needle, EMP, etc). This made for an easy end to a long day of walking.

We had 3 experiences with the Andaluca restaurant for breakfast: A+, F, C-. Each experience was highly dependent on the wait staff: some were professional; some were extreme rookies with little training. I'm so glad we had our best experience first. Each experience took 1.5 hours to feed a family of 5. The first visit took long because we needed time to look over the menu and discuss the options. During the second visit, I had to find the waiter to ask for my check. During the third visit, she had to ring up my check 3 times to get it right because they had problems applying the vouchers correctly. Expect to pay $15-$20 per person, even for a bowl of oatmeal. The "Special" on Sunday July 7 was FANTASTIC! Eggs Benedict with crab. YUM!

We ended each night at Oliver’s Lounge. Drinks are pricey at $15 each, but the martini's were top notch. Wait staff at the bar are extremely professional, and the atmosphere is relaxing.

PROS:
Location, Location, Location
Hotel Staff is professional and prompt
Bar martini's are exceptional
Quiet and spacious rooms
Valet and bell-hops are efficient and go the "extra mile"

CONS:
Bathroom size and layout
Restaurant staff highly variable
No self-serve laundry facility
Prices at the bar and restaurant
TV was difficult to work

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CraigB_TX
There are newer reviews for Mayflower Park Hotel

Reviewed 15 July 2013

We chose the Mayflower for our first visit to Seattle and could not have been happier. The location, to begin with, is outstanding. From the airport, we took an easy ride on the light rail, and the terminus stop is just next to the hotel! When we needed a car two days later, Avis was also just a block away and the bell man actually walked over with us and helped us out. We could easily walk to Pike Place, as well as to the Space Needle, and shopping is all around, as well as some of the city's best restaurants. The Queen suite was perfect for our family of four; lovely decor, and two full bathrooms. The staff could not have been nicer and more accommodating. If we return, we will most definitely stay there. Highly recommend it!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

This place is located not far from Pikes and easy access to monorail. Rooms are always clean and fresh. I am disappointed however, they no longer belong to AAA. Room rates are expensive and may soon be out of my league...

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I chose this hotel to be close to my conference in the Hyatt but didn't want to stay in that hotel. We had a comfortable stay but felt it was rather pricey for what we got. The small queen room (509) was dominated by the queen bed so lacked a proper sitting or working area- TV had to be viewed sitting on the bed. For the price we paid they could provide complimentary tea/coffee in the lobby- you get that with other boutique hotels such as Kimptons. On check out we were charged for a bottle of water at $3-I was not even sure if it was theirs or one I had bought but it struck me as a mean touch. Walls are thin so you can hear any noisy neighbours but fortunately this didn't trouble us too much. Overall it's a good place to stay with great location but I'm critical of value for money in this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I've stayed in Seattle so many times but hadn't stayed at the Mayflower until now - it is everything you would expect an classic historic hotel to be. Yes the rooms and bathrooms are smaller and no you won't have a pool but that is more than made up for in service and location.

Location - literally in the heart of downtown Seattle within walking distance to everything and since its at Westlake Center, it has easy access to the light rail to the airport and points in between (Pioneer Square, the stadiums, the International District) and to the monorail up to Seattle Center and the Space Needle and the Lake Union Trolley is just one block down for access to everything on the lake.

Service is excellent from valet parking to check in to check out. They have umbrellas available if it rains (tho I was glad to enjoy the sunshine during our stay) We were especially impressed to find an ice bucket full of fresh ice on our return to the room each day. Special shout out to Robbie at the front desk - he's a true gem and you'll love hearing all about his family and his recommendations for restaurants and activities

The furniture in our room had some "distressing" from use but it was real wood furniture so we appreciated the sturdiness and the comfort. There's a mini fridge, coffeemaker, wine glasses and ice bucket as well as the usual bath amenities and bathrobes.

Olivers, the hotel bar is lovely with vaulted ceilings, beautifully paned windows and granite and wood throughout. It was a lovely place to begin or end the evening. I recommend a seat at the bar or near the window for some great people watching.

All in all, this was a great location for a girls getaway weekend - no car needed

Room Tip: We stayed on the northwest corner and were not bothered by the street noise.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2013

My wife and I recently spent one night at the Mayflower Park in June prior to a cruise. The location was perfect for a quick visit in Seattle before departing on our trip. The light rail from the airport brings you within a block of the hotel. We took a Duck tour, rode the monorail to the Space Needle and walked to the Market from the hotel on Friday afternoon/evening and Saturday morning. We were also able to get a shuttle arranged through the hotel to our cruise pier. We would recommend this property to anyone traveling to Seattle, whether it was for one night or one week.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cmckin9061
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Mayflower Park Hotel is a good hotel. The staff seems nice and it is centrally located--the Westlake Center is next door. However, the elevators and furnishing in the room are old, e.g., the chair in the room has stains in several place. Over all, the hotel is okay to good. The bathroom is clean. My room, 906, is a corner room with two windows, one looks into the office building that is about 10 - 15 feet away and the other looks into street. The room is small, but I have a special conference rate. I suspect other rooms are bigger. Because people from the office building (at Westlake Center, I think) can see into my room, I have to close the curtain to get privacy. (But, I generally like to leave all windows open in my room.)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business