“Super convenient location”

Mayflower Park Hotel
Ranked #17 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 13 August 2013

It was a bit concerning when we arrived from our flight at 10:30 pm, and the person checking in ahead of us was being sent to another hotel because they were overbooked. Luckily, our room was still available. Maybe this is because I called to confirm it the week before? All I know is having to switch hotels is the last thing I would have wanted to do after a night of traveling. At least the hotel paid for this person to take a taxi over to the other hotel.

Other than that, I have nothing bad to say about the Mayflower Park Hotel. The location was perfect – just a short walk from Pike Place, a short bus ride from Safeco Field, and just on the other side of the block from the light rail station. The rooms were smaller, but that’s to be expected in any city. The beds were very comfortable as well. It was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,320)

Reviewed 12 August 2013

The hotel is very close to the Pier which was convenient since we were only staying overnight to catch a cruise to Alaska. The hotel itself is beautiful , but the rooms were extremely small. I can't say that the staff was overly pleasant either which is why we decided on the Hotel Monaco for our return trip, which was fabulous. The front desk clerk (no idea what her name was...a blonde haired young woman) seemed to be having a particularly bad day, as she was rude at check in and each time we saw her. She needs to learn to smile. The location was very noisy but I attribute that to a parade of some sort that was going on. The bartender was a nice gentleman and since my son couldn't come in, he took him a coke while my husband and I relaxed for a minute in the bar. I can't say that I'd ever specifically look to stay here again but maybe a single person or those travelling without children might enjoy it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My family stayed in 2 rooms recently after finishing an Alaskan cruise and this hotel was perfect. It is definitely more european in its feel. Upscale lobby, not too big, tastefully furnished rooms. Other reviewers have commented on the rooms being small, this was not the case.Plenty of room. Very clean, quality in-room amenities-Gilchrist and Soames.Excellent customer service-concierge very knowledgable-gave us some good restaurants. And the location is supreme for Pikes market-4 blocks down the hill.(Aquarium too). Plenty of restaurants nearby. To top it off the monorail to the space needle and museums is in the building next door! This is the place to stay for downtown Seattle.

Room Tip: Higher floors quieter from street noise, but not overwhelming.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Every part of our stay at the Mayflower was perfect.

Check In- easy, painless and with a smile.
Lobby- wow!
Room- beautiful, quaint and just the right size for a hotel room. For those that have reviewed that it is small, seriously you are in Seattle, how much time are you actually spending in your room?
Housekeeping-spot on.
Oliver's- incredible experience. Bartender was entertaining, drinks were strong and tasty. Great food.
Concierge-helpful and courteous.

Over-all, an amazing experience. We loved that it was unique and historical in nature. Both my husband and I agree that we have spent too much money and time at franchise hotels. We will be looking for boutiques on our future travels and will definitely stay at the Mayflower again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SueTN
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel in the heart of downtown. Staff was very nice and helpful. Rooms are small, but I've never stayed anywhere else in Seattle, so I don't have a point of reference. All of the staff was very helpful and nice, going out of their way to make our stay great. They have a restaurant and a bar on site that seemed clean, quiet and sophisticated, but since we were traveling with our young family, we didn't have a chance to try them out. We were able to walk to the pier, the market, and the city center easily from the hotel.

2  Thank Katie F
Reviewed 8 August 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary and it was a fabulous experience! The staff were so accommodating and went out of their way to make our stay special. They even gave us a card and some chocolates! We had a beautiful room with a good view of the city. We really liked having cocktails at Olivers as well. Really boutique and authentic place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 453M_C
Reviewed 7 August 2013

A lot of good points about the Mayflower

Excellent location, pleasant staff ( especially the concierge - very helpful with touristy stuff )

Yes, the Classic Queen room is very very small. As I am 6' 6"" tall, and not exactly anorexic, FOH reception might have said on check in, " you might prefer our larger room with two beds, for the nominal fee of $ X"
I did not know these rooms were available until after we left, or I would have asked.

Small point which if it had been offered, would have bumped up my vote to "excellent"

Room Tip: Consider a bigger room !!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple