“A wonderful experience!”

Ranked #20 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Campbell Hall, New York
“A wonderful experience!”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We had a recent 4 night stay at the Mayflower Park Hotel and it was quite wonderful. We were given a complimentary upgrade to our room when they learned our trip was to celebrate my birthday, and surprised us yet again with a lovely card and chocolate. Both the bar (Oliver’s) and the restaurant (Andaluca) were top notch. And the location couldn’t have been better, with the waterfront and Pike Place Market only a few blocks away, the monorail right around the corner and the light rail to and from the airport also in the same block! The staff couldn’t have been nicer! Usually for us, a hotel is just a place to sleep while we explore the city, but in this case the Mayflower Park was an integral part of the overall vacation and added sophistication and elegance to our experience. We would not hesitate to highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (502)
  • Korean first
Pacifica, California
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Just spent three nights there. Desk clerk was kind of rude when we checked in - kept looking at her computer instead of me and talked fast. Had to keep asking her to repeat herself. She didn't know anything about a managers' reception when I asked (it's Wed evening). Our room overlooked some rooftops - all with A/C - heating fans running 24/7 with an unending constant hum we noticed as soon as we entered the room. Wife said no way! Clerk moved us to another room on other side of hotel. Much nicer, except for the housekeeping supply room next to our room. Housekeeping starts VERY early in the morning and seem to go out of their way to make a lot of noise while restocking their room carts. Choose your rooms carefully. Old hotel.. certainly, but everything was clean and worked. No complaints there. Take the transit train from Sea-Tac airport for $2.75 and 40 minutes later the end of the line is at the same location as the Mayflower Park hotel. So is the monorail to the Space Needle. Don't even need to go outside to catch some buses or the transit train. Check out their websites. Like others say, Pike's Market is like a ten minute walk away, 20 minutes or so to the Needle or Pioneer Square - a very walkable city, weather permitting, and this hotel is ideally located, along with Seattle's great public transit system. Would probably stay again.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Was in town for a conference. The Mayflower is in the middle of downtown. It's about 3 blocks to Pike Market and about a 20 minute walk to the Space Needle. The monorail picks up about a block away from the hotel. The room was small but clean. It is an older hotel and not as nice as some of the rooms our friends were in around the area. The one main complaint is their "fitness center". It is a tiny room with 2 treadmills, a bike and an elliptical machine. There is also a few dumbbells from 5-40 lbs. I guess if you are hardcore you can go to the gym around the corner. There is a McDonalds 2 blocks away and a Subway right next door. It just seemed kind of expensive for what it is.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My husband and I were just in Seattle, Wa. and had a fabulous stay at the Mayflower Park Hotel.
I am handicapped and in a wheelchair. Most hotels I have stayed ..... I leave thinking I wish I could help design the room for a wheelchair. This hotel was so perfect and comfortable for my 7 day stay. The roll-in shower was just right with bars all around and bars also around the toilette. The room was large enough for moving around very easily. It was also very clean and updated with plenty of Starbucks coffee every day. Nice fitness room too.
The staff in the hotel and restaurants were so friendly and very helpful, I was so impressed.
We will stay there again the next time we are in town.

Room Tip: If you do need a handicap room this hotel is great. Our friends stayed there also and loved it just...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 17 October 2013

It is an old hotel whose rooms are very small based on americans standards. Also they need urgent modernization. The front desk staff is indifferent and almost rude. Location is good and you can walk to many attractions. The valet park service is convenient, eficinte and the staff very very friendly . Would not stay again because of the rooms and the front desk staff.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We are on day 3 of our 7 day stay in Seattle. This is our first stay at the Mayflower and will certainly not be our last! We have found the gem of downtown Seattle! First to impress us was the location! It is right next door to the light rail that connects you to the entire Seattle area including the airport! We hadn't realized this and paid $40 for a shuttle service to get from airport to hotel! We could have taken the light rail for $2.75 per person! Second impression was how beautiful the hotel was! Expertly restored to its 100 year old original beauty! Clean and flawless! By updated...I mean the entire perimeter of our room had electrical outlets installed along the baseboard, one outlet every 16"! I have never seen anything like this, even in modern new construction! The views out our windows are EPIC! I have attached photos! We are in a corner suite that was half the price of the low level rooms of the surrounding newer hotels! The value here is amazing! The restaurant in hotel is Andaluca and highly ranked in Seattle. There is also a very nice lounge off of the lobby with a late night bar menu with great food! The service was friendly and efficient...best we've seen in years! We are walking distance of all the downtown Seattle attractions and light rail for anything on the outside. All in all one of the best hotel experiences I have had!

Room Tip: Request a room as high up as available and if you can get the corner suite facing 4th Ave! Views ar...
2 Thank Write2Annamarie
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Mayflower Park Hotel in early September 2013. I discovered that I had not revised my original planning dates and that we were to be checked in at the very moment I was calling to change our reservations due to illness.

The hotel was gracious and accommodating about my mistake, cancelling my original booking and giving us a new room. Thank you.

ps The restaurant served delicious tapas food

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple