“Old-fashioned charm and value in a great location”

Mayflower Park Hotel
Ranked #17 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 18 December 2013

This hotel could use updating but it has an old-fashioned charm and a very nice staff. The lobby in particular is a cozy and relaxing place to plan the day's adventures. The restaurant and bar are handy and of high quality. I was thrilled to be able to afford (through a discount site) a comfortable, upscale hotel at a value price. I was very comfortable here and would be happy to return, The location could not be better, several minutes walk to the waterfront and Pike Place Market, as well as shopping at Macy's and Westlake Center, both adjacent.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Barbara S
There are newer reviews for Mayflower Park Hotel

Reviewed 7 December 2013

My husband and I stayed here for several nights over Thanksgiving. The location is unbeatable for shopping at Macy's, Nordies, or innumerable other fine stores. The lobby was already decked out for Christmas, and was very festive and elegant. We loved the direct access to the Westlake Mall.
The room was rather small, but was quite comfortable, and the bed was so comfortable and cozy it was hard to get up!
Keep in mind that this is an historic hotel, and the bathroom is older, with little counter space, original floor tiles etc. But there was plenty of hot water for the shower, so it's all good.
The room furnishings were comfortable, and were in period style, but frankly were a bit "tired" looking.
Both on-site restaurants were excellent: Olivers is a great place to meet and have an outstanding cocktail and/or an amazing hamburger etc. (this is a local's favorite) with an upscale, urban vibe. Andaluca is also a local favorite, with a warm elegant feel to it. As the name might imply, the cuisine here is Spanish-infused, and the paella is locally famous.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor, in a quiet location.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank helene s
Reviewed 6 December 2013

My husband and I spent the night in a queen bed room and loved it. The room was small but comfortable with a terrific bed. The service was smooth and efficient. The location is perfect at Christmas time. We strolled around downtown Seattle to see the lights and shop. I'd love to make this a Christmas tradition!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
David B, Front Office Manager at Mayflower Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Stacy K,

Thank you very much for staying with us! I hope we will see you next Christmas season, if not sooner!

David

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I ended up at the Mayflower Park Hotel through a Hotwire deal the first time I stayed there and liked it so much that I stayed there on my next trip to Seattle. On both trips, my room was comfortable and very clean. My room faced the interior of other buildings so I hardly heard any street noise. Shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion are built into the bathroom instead of having travel size containers provided - I think it's more environmentally friendly and less wasteful that way. In the summer, the room was probably warmer than it should be at 70 degrees (it felt more like 78) and the fitness center was too hot and musty but that problem was fixed on my next trip.
The fitness center could be nicer - there should be more than 1 treadmill and there should be a fan in there.
The complimentary wine tasting at the hotel restaurant on Wednesdays is a treat and Andaluca restaurant is also a treat for dinner.
The location also can't be beat. As others mention, you can take the Light Rail (LINK) from the airport to Westlake Center and then walk a block to the hotel. I took the trolley to Fred Hutch for work. It's about a mile from Seattle Center/the Space Needle- a comfortable walk or you can take the monorail from Westlake Center. Several really nice restaurants are a short walk away if you want to eat outside of the hotel. For an inexpensive breakfast, I went to coffee shops (Everyhwere) and Juicy Cafe (Seattle Convention Center).
Wifi worked ok.
I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 December 2013

This is an historic hotel in the heart of downtown Seattle. The location is superb for shopping, Pike Place Market and all of the great Seattle attractions. We actually walked to a Seahawks game from the hotel and it took about 35 minutes. The front doormen and valet staff were very nice, helpful and welcoming as was the lovely lady in housekeeping. The front desk staff was ok, but the real service came from the blonde waitress in Oliver's (lobby bar). She wasn't overly friendly, just an amazingly efficient waitress which we appreciated. Give her a raise Mayflower Park! Would we stay again? Not sure...maybe, but it was a bit too ordinary despite the historic charm and with stiff competition from the likes of Inn at The Market, it would be a little ways down our list. Still though, we had a pleasant stay for 2 nights here.

Room Tip: 12th floor is the top floor....it was a cool view of city/water/lights
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. The room was a little smaller than your average hotel room but it did not feel cramped for 2 people. The service (front desk, room service) was great. When we arrived at the hotel at 11:30 AM they let us check in because our room was ready and we thought that was really nice. I will definitely stay here any time I go to Seattle. It is walking distance to shopping and Pike Place Market and very close to public transportation so you can really get anywhere you would like to go.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lori B
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We stayed there for 2 nights. Very convinient location, next to monotrain and shopping malls. Nice rooms but dated. The elevator was really slow and tight. My husband & i really appreciate the card and chocolate for our anniversary. It was personally sign by the individual staff working that day.

• Stayed: August 2013