“A wonderful central hotel”

Mayflower Park Hotel
Ranked #21 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Victoria, Canada
“A wonderful central hotel”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

My sisters and I stayed at the Crown Plaza Hotel on our last visit to Seattle, and I was disappointed that the club floors weren't available for our visit this past week. I took the advice of the Victoria Clipper agent and booked the Mayflower Park Hotel instead. I'm afraid we've been wooed away from the Crown Plaza! It's a beautifully appointed hotel with very friendly and efficient staff. The room (1111) was very light, very large, very airy, and very restfully and tastefully decorated. We asked for a rollaway bed, which my eldest sister said was very comfortable. We also had a small refrigerator in our room (because I demand fresh cream with my coffee!) Since there were three of us booked into the room, I was a tad surprised that there were only two of all the amenities: wine glasses; coffee mugs etc. There were lots of towels, though! We made our own adjustments. There's free wifi, which is always appreciated, and it was easy to set up. The view was nothing much, but at least the windows open for a bit of fresh air, and I was glad to be able to drop the temperature in the room to make it cooler. The bathroom was a good size, spotlessly clean and well-appointed. There were no small bottles of toiletries, but good-sized pump dispensers, which make a great deal of sense. They were also of a very high quality and beautifully and gently scented. The location of the hotel simply couldn't be bettered: smack dab in the centre of town, next door to Nordstrom and Macy's and five minutes away from Pike Place Market. The walk to SAM is only a few blocks, and we walked to Pioneer Square, as well. We tried Olivers for a drink on the night we arrived, and I had one of the best gin martinis of my life. The service wasn't anything extraordinary, even on a quiet evening, but the ambience would bring me back readily. All in all, of the 3 hotels I've tried (also the Crown Plaza, and the Four Seasons), this is my new hotel of choice in Seattle.

Room Tip: We were in room 1111. It was quiet and airy. Traffic noise was minimal.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Patricia K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (493)
  • Korean first
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Stayed for 2 nights at the Mayflower Park Hotel in Seattle for a great rate through a third party site. The room was spacious, clean and nicely decorated while the the lobby is beautifully decorated and well kept up (the decor makes you feel like you've stepped back in time a bit but appliances are not worn). The location was within walking distance to all that we wanted to see.
Definitely plan on staying here again, very happy with our experience :)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
San Clemente, California
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Found this fantastic place via Hotwire for $90/night in mid-January.

Fantastic place to stay -- particularly for the location. I was literally less than a block from the Light Rail station, busses, and the monorail that goes to the Space Needle. The benefit of being near the Light Rail was that you can take it directly from Sea-Tac airport. It was also great when I went to the Seahawks football game and when I took the Amtrak train because the stops are so nearby.

It was also less than 5 blocks from Pike's Place Market and that means really great food and shops.

For those who love big name shops, those were there, too. I had a view of Macy's and you can sneak right into the mall through a special door in the hotel.

They have concierge service which was really helpful when I rented a car nearby (both Avis and Enterprise were less than 2 blocks away).

They validate park your car as they don't have their own garage. But, like I said, the light rail and bus system are right next store and the ability to rent a car nearby is worth not leaving a car with the hotel if you don't have to.

The A/C was effective and you could change it to Automatic or continuous Fan, but the Automatic gave me a jump every time it started again because it clicked so loud.

There's no refrigerator, but there is a coffee maker that comes with complimentary starbucks.

There's a nearby drugstore (Bartells') that can fulfill your travel needs (and snack needs, too).

The only other free amenity besides coffee is a shower cap and soap. They have shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion bottles -- but they're attached to the walls. The soap quality was relatively decent.

Room Tip: Room with a Queen size bed is SMALL. I felt cramped as one person but I had to great views as I got...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank bozobarr
David B, Front Office Manager at Mayflower Park Hotel, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
bozobarr,

We are definitely spoiled to have the Link Light Rail and transit tunnel so close by, we like to pretend that it was built just for us!
There are few things about our hotel that are worth noting:

The hotel offers a valet parking service for a fee. Pull to the front door and we will take care of the rest. Often times we will offer packages that include parking and breakfast; it’s definitely worth asking about if you book your reservation directly through the hotel.

In addition to the Classic Queen room category, we have a number of other Deluxe Room and Suites available. Often the price difference is nominal.

We also have refrigerators that can be placed in room at no charge, simply ask when making your reservation or at the Front Desk.

Thank you for being our guest!

Regards,
David Bennett
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 16 January 2014

This is an older hotel which has been updated. Rooms are quite comfortable, the hotel decor is tasteful, the personnel are courteous and the location is great--next to Westlake Center. You can take the train from the airport and walk from the Westlake Center stop. There are lots of nice restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: You can sometimes get a discount if you look around. This is one of the hotels on the Alaska Airlin...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank billd10
Nampa, Idaho
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I really enjoy the Mayflower Park Hotel. It is old, the rooms are smallish, the elevators are small, but the place is friendly, clean and classy. The location can't be beat, right by West Lake, Nordstroms, Pike Street Market and like 100 restaurants and bars. Oh, and did I mention free WiFi? I've stayed here many times and will likely go back again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank K C
Kirkland
Reviewed 12 January 2014

The Mayflower Park proved above and beyond in our "where to stay" dilemma, for our first year of being "Seattle Tourists" so we returned a second year, for two nights. Prime location for wandering to Pike Place Market. Then, cross the street to catch the monorail to Seattle Center; this year, to experience the Chihully Garden and Museum, above and beyond amazing. Then, in and out of art galleries, as we headed to Pioneer Square and just below, the waterfront. Still time to take advantage of Oliver's Happy Hour at the Mayflower. And, a chance to fully relax in our well appointed, comfortable room, which I know has been attended well. Love its boutique feel. Add to that, a staff who are professional, friendly, and very attentive and I highly recommend!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DeeKirkland
David B, Front Office Manager at Mayflower Park Hotel, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to share you experience at our hotel, we definitely love our local guests. While we have folks stay with us from all over the world, we are fortunate to have a number of local folks from all over Washington state who call us their downtown home away from home.

I look forward to seeing you again soon.

David Bennett
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 8 January 2014

This intimate downtown boutique hotel has a lot to offer. Comfortable and welcoming to the max. A little upgrade upon check in gave us each our own identical bathrooms, so nice for two women travelling together, reasonable charge for the parking but we didn't need the car, we were so close to everything. Excellent hot breakfast was included

Room Tip: Ask for the second bathroom , it's awesome
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends