“Great stay in Seattle” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
San Diego, California
“Great stay in Seattle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a week on a combined business and couples trip. We got a great rate on Priceline. It's an older hotel that has been very well maintained. The single queen bed room we had was small, but clean and well-furnished. Other rooms may be larger. We were on the 11th floor. You really can't find a better location. The hotel connects with the Westlake Center and the transportation hub that includes the light rail (to airport) and monorail (to Space Needle). It's within short walking distance of major department stores, shopping, restaurants, the convention center, Pike Market and the waterfront. We did not try the hotel's restaurant or bar.

Pros: The hotel is clean, well-maintained and nicely furnished. It has a great location and value compared to big name hotels in downtown Seattle. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Cons: Walls are thin. We heard people in the next room, but street noise was not a problem. The heater made a loud noise when it first started its cycle. Room and bathroom were small (as expected with older hotel).

Room Tip: Higher floors have better view and less street noise.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank OtherVisitor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (474)
  • Korean first
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

My husband and I felt truly pampered by staying at this hotel. We booked it as part of the Clipper Vacation. The executive suite was so wonderful, with crisp linen and two bathrooms. We especially liked the old fashion decor in the room and in the lobby. The breakfast is not included at this hotel, but the breakfast we ordered at their restaurant was mouth watering. You have to try their French Toast Brioche! This hotel is located right down town, but it was very quiet in the room. It’s perfect location for visiting all the attractions downtown and also if you have to travel to the airport. This hotel is right around the corner from the Light Rail Train which we took in order to get to the Seatac Airport. I would definitely recommend this hotel and cannot wait to stay there again.

Anita and Bruce

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

This little boutique hotel in the heart of downtown Seattle is a gem. We continue to return upon our visits to the city because of the excellent location, outstanding customer service and insightful package options. Upon all three visits we enjoyed the "Sunny Side Up" package which included a real, sit-down and order breakfast at the adjacent Andaluca restaurant as well as valet parking for the length of the stay. If you've tried to find parking in Seattle, you know it's ample but expensive. This is a great offer. The traditional rooms are small but cozy and replete with amenities and the deluxe queen room has another 100 square feet of space and is very comfortable. The customer service is outstanding from check-in to check-out and all is available with a phone call. When in Seattle, visit this hotel!

Room Tip: At this time, the adjacent business is being renovated. Rooms on the north side of the hotel and hi...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Capitola, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

I stayed for three nights in mid February 2014 on business. I was travelling alone and only using public transportation. The light rail was easily accessible from SEATAC and the train ended at the Westlake station (fare $2.75 OW) which is one block from the hotel. Check in was easy and when I requested a higher floor, the front desk staff offered me a top floor corner room with fabulous views.

The hotel lobby is decorated with older style furniture, carpeting and fixtures. I didn't try the restaurant or bar. The room I was given was fine, but it would be crowded with more than one person in it. They may have larger rooms, but I would only take a queen bedded room if I were staying alone. I walked everywhere from this location: Seattle Center, Capitol Hill area, Kerry Park (great skyline and Rainier view), waterfront, Queen Anne district, Pioneer Square, etc.

Pros: On the light rail line and near a transit hub. Bed was comfortable and everything worked just fine. Surprisingly quiet stay for being in the heart of a city. 4 blocks to Pike Place Market, half a mile to south lake union shopping/dining. Front desk staff was helpful and kept my luggage stored even after I had checked out. Requested a blanket and it was delivered promptly. Excellent service and the wifi worked well.

Cons: carpet in the room was worn.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor room if you would like to see more of the road ways. I don't believe ther...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Iownit
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

My partner and I were stoked with this hotel. It was great value and in a great location. For us, it was right where we wanted to be: a short stroll to the Pike Place Market, very close to the monorail station heading towards the Space Needle and Chihuly Glass & Gardens. As we found out at the conclusion of our time in Seattle, it is also very close to the train to the SeaTac Airport.

We couldn't have asked for more regarding value or location. The staff, I'm happy to report, we're also lovely. We had just flown in from DC and were warmly greeted and checked in quickly and without delay.

Our room was clean and probably better than we'd hoped for.

Overall I'd gladly stay here again next time I'm in Seattle.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Scott84Perth
David B, Front Office Manager at Mayflower Park Hotel, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Scott84Perth,

I'm glad you had a great stay, hopefully we will see you again soon!

Regards,
David
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

We were looking forward to staying at this historic hotel. Unfortunately, our online, third-party hotel reservation was completely screwed up. Robert, who was behind the Front Desk at the Mayflower Park that evening around 11 pm, saved us! The hotel was completely full with cruise ship guests. So, Robert helped us get in touch with the third-party, online, hotel reservation folks. He explained what the hotel's records showed and what my records showed. We were exhausted from a long flight from the East coast. He offered us water, plus a fruit and cheese tray at no cost. He exemplified high quality service for weary travelers. Because of Robert, we hope to stay at the Mayflower Park one day. In the meantime, we did manage to get a room down by the waterfront, thanks to the responsive lady on the phone who made things right. Bottom line: When life gives you lemons, be gracious. Explain the problem. Ask for help. Folks like Robert and the lady on the phone saved the day. Thank you!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelBugVA
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

Overall, a great centrally located and quiet hotel with clean, well appointed rooms, a nice bar and restaurant, and (generally) nice staff; additional amenities like a fridge can be added to you room. I would certainly recommend this hotel to a friend or colleague and would return.

My mother booked the hotel by phone and I must give praise to the staff (Michael) who assisted her. My mother has a very strong french accent and is thus not the easiest person to understand by phone. She explained that this staff person was extremely patient with her over the course of several conversations (!) and answered all her questions. The goal was to reserve two, adjoining rooms and to accommodate our less than ideal travel schedule, which the staff person did. I believe that my mother was able to get a better deal by calling the hotel.

The building itself is is lovely with a brick exterior and the interiors are not overly done (maybe a little sparse) and tasteful (if somewhat dated). The hotel is centrally located, but quiet, and within walking distance of many amenities and tourist attractions; great location for the price! Check-in and check-out were fast and staff were nice. I will admit, however, that after all my mother's praises for Michael, I was a little taken aback by the front staff - they were nice, just not warm or friendly.

My room on the 12th floor was relatively spacious, very clean, quiet, and was well appointed. I requested that a fridge be added as I was in town for work and would be hunkering down in the room for several days. My mother's adjoining room was a corner suite - very spacious with a separate bedroom, living room area, and a bar/dining space; lovely room that worked out very well for our needs (included my SIL and her baby son).

I ordered room service several times (breakfast mainly). The food was good, the service was fast and reliable, and the staff were very sweet. We dined at the hotel restaurant and went to the bar. Both had great service (again, staff were extremely inviting and nice) and the cocktails and food were very good (restaurant decor was a little dated). I also relied on taxi service a few times and my SIL used the valet service; both were efficient.

If I had to nitpick, I would say that staff were nice, but not overly warm or smiley (except for the room service staff) and the overall decor, although nice and well maintained, is somewhat dated. Both points are minor, this is a great hotel at a great price!

Room Tip: It's worth a call to the hotel to get good deals on rooms (especially for multi-night stays). Ro...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business