“Short Stay in Seattle”

Mayflower Park Hotel
Ranked #17 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 25 May 2014

3 Night stay in between San Francisco and Vancouver and Inside passage cruise. Hotel was more than we expected from our research prior to booking. Lovely period hotel with beautiful fixtures and fittings. Room was very large and most unexpectedly had two bathrooms. Bed was comfortable and room was quiet. Excellent location within walking distance of what we wanted to do in the short time we were in Seattle. Food in restaurant - breakfast and dinner was good. Front office staff were friendly and understanding of mad Australian tourists - especially when we lost room card.
Would be happy to stay here again if we are ever in back in Seattle. So nice to stay in a hotel that is not part of a chain

Room Tip: Ask for deluxe double bedded room with two bathrooms!
1  Thank ratmac
Write a ReviewReviews (2,319)

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We had a fantastic stay at Mayflower Park Hotel—it's a charming hotel with tons of character. You can't beat the location, within walking distance of most things you would want to see, as a tourist, and across the street from great shopping. There are also a ton of great restaurants nearby, and the lounge in the hotel offers some excellent cocktails, which you should really try (you'll feel like you've travelled back in time).

The staff was very accommodating—they allowed us to check out late when I called that morning, which was much appreciated. They had no idea that I actually had a little food poisoning (NOT from the hotel restaurants), and desperately needed that extra time to get well before our ferry ride.

The rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable. I did notice a curious number of electrical outlets—I counted 42, including the power bar in the drawer. Obviously not a problem, but I'd love to know: why so many?

1  Thank cmm740
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I arrived at the hotel and struggled to get my bags out of the car only to have the bellman ask if I needed help when I was safely out of the rain and next to his bell stand!! I told him not to bother since he clearly did not want to get wet and I surely did not want to put him out further by asking for assistance with any bags!! The front desk staff was super nice and helpful. The room was comfortable but did not appear to have been vacuumed regularly. I left for five hours and returned at 3:15 pm and housekeeping had not gotten to clean my room. By the time they came knocking I told them not to worry. She appeared relieved and apologized and explained that they were very busy. Hmmm...I understood but this I did not see as my problem. Great location and you can walk to almost everything you want to see in Seattle. No airport shuttle so to avoid a $50 cab ride to the airport you can go to the Westin and take the shuttle for $18. Glad I knew about this because the hotel staff did not offer this as an option. They did offer the rail which is $2.75 but a long 1.5 hour ordeal. No hotel gift shop so visit the drug store around the corner. Oliver's (hotel bar) was lively . Overall it was an average experience for a not so average price.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I stayed for one night while on a business visit to Seattle.
This is a brilliant historic hotel in downtown Seattle and very near to the famous Pike Place. I didn't get the best possible view from the room, but the room itself was huge and very cozy.

Loved my stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Quaint and beautiful. We had a special dinner in a private dining room and the service was fantastic. The sales team did a great job and made sure we were taken care of. The rooms were comfortable and had a great view of the bustling activity of downtown Seattle. Location was perfect for walking to Pike Place or the convention center area. The bar is known for their famous martinis and the restaurant is exceptional.

Room Tip: We stayed in a queen suite. The room was smaller than normal, but considering the historic age of th...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The location is good - just a few blocks walk down to Pike Place and a short cab ride up from the Victoria Clipper Terminal. The room was large and well fitted with period furniture. The bed was large and very comfortable.

The only downside was the fact that the restaurant closed at 9 and we were unable to get a decent meal when we arrived - odd for a Thursday night in a hotel in one of USA's major cities.

Room Tip: We had a nice corner room - large and airy
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed here two nights, one night prior to a cruise and one night after.

The location is great. One block from Westlake Center and the Light Rail and about 4 blocks from Pike Place Market.

All of the staff we met were friendly and helpful. The rooms spacious, clean, quiet, and comfy.

We will stay here on our next trip to Seattle.