“Very Nice Property - Great Location”

Mayflower Park Hotel
Ranked #16 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed here on a Sunday/Monday night prior to a cruise. It is a very nice property very reminiscent of a European Hotel. Rooms are "smallish" compared to modern properties but not uncomfortably so. Bathrooms are stylish and plenty of hot water. Beds are comfortable. AC worked really well. Location cannot be beat. A block and a half from the light rail station (from the airport), the monorail to the Space Needle, Westlake Center, Nordstrom's and Macy's. 4 blocks from Pike's Market. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. The concierge was able to get me an immediate appointment with an oral surgeon on a Monday morning only a block from the hotel. Only negative would be you can hear some noise from the street, but frankly did not bother me or keep me awake. I would easily stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We chose the Mayflower Park Hotel because of its location which is central to downtown, only four blocks from Pike’s Place and the Waterfront, and a walk through the hotel brings you to the monorail for the Space Needle. We began our anniversary celebration of an Alaskan cruise/land tour with a stay in Seattle. We arrived about 1 PM after 7 hours of air travel from the East coast and were worried about having to wait to check-in, especially on a busy holiday week-end. We were greeted by Robert, who was very cheerful and extremely pleasant; who told us that not only was our room ready, but that we had been upgraded to a corner suite on the12th floor. The room was well-appointed with a very nice view of downtown. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom roomy enough. There is complimentary Internet throughout the hotel, not just in public areas. Everyone on staff was pleasant, friendly, and accommodating from the reception desk staff to the valet to the concierge. Their customer service was top-notch. They were so thoughtful in sending us a card signed by the staff, along with chocolates for our anniversary. We only stayed one night, but if we’re in Seattle again, I would definitely stay there.

Room Tip: Corner rooms on the upper floors.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My friend & I stayed here for 2 nights after an Alaskan cruise. The location was perfect. Pike Place & Pioneer Square were both easy walks from the hotel. We did ride the monorail to the Space Needle area, but could've easily walked there, too! Our deluxe queen room was spacious, with beds that were like sleeping in clouds! Everyone that we dealt with on staff was friendly & helpful. My only complaint is we couldn't stay longer! ;-)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed at the Mayflower Park for three nights as the start of our Pacific North West adventure, based on reviews on here and elsewhere. The holt is perfectly situated for downtown Seattle, just a few blocks from Pike Place Market and the waterfront, and right by the main shopping areas.

We had a very warm welcome from the hotel and were treated very well throughout our stay. The room was perhaps a little small (but is is a historic hotel) by US standards but well equipped with a very comfortable bed and a view of the Seattle downtown from the room.

We didn't end up drinking in the bar (perhaps a shame, as it is supposedly well known for its cocktails) but we did have a great meal in the restaurant, which I have reviewed separately.

The Mayflower Park will definitely be at the top of my list for my next trip to Seattle.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Hoorah to the staff at Mayflower! After learning that we were celebrating a milestone year, we were promptly upgraded to the top floor and treated with a sincere hand written card signed by so many of the staff. Every aspect of our experience was top notch! Our family works in the 5 star industry, so we know how difficult it can be to maintain personable service on sold out long weekends. We will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
David B, Front Office Manager at Mayflower Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Tanta P,

Congratulations on your 40 years of marriage, thank you for sharing your special day with us!

David B.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

A wonderful experience, with high-quality, old-fashioned service. Terrific location and a first-rate bar and restaurant. Very comfortable room, although a little small (this is a renovated historic hotel).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I flew into Seattle at midnight. I tried to book a room for the Mayflower that night through priceline.com on my phone. I made it for the wrong date I immediately called to cancel or change the date but to no avail. So priceline and the Mayflower kept my money with no compromise. The fee for canceling is the cost of the room. I thank you both for turning an emegency situation into a horrible situation.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank cachete20
David B, Front Office Manager at Mayflower Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

cachete20,

I'm very sorry to hear about the problem you've experienced. Unfortunately, each 3rd party website has their own rules and policies as it pertains to refunds. From my experience, there is far less flexibility when booking through a 3rd party, it essentially creates a "middle man". In this situation Priceline.com has collected payment for your reservation and is ultimately in charge of any refunds.

I would be happy to help in any way I can, being an independent hotel, rest assured our policies put people first, we understand that everyone makes mistakes.

Regards,