“The only place to stay in Seattle”

Mayflower Park Hotel
Ranked #21 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Sydney, Australia
“The only place to stay in Seattle”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

If you are looking for a glitzy modern hotel, then this is not the place for you. But. . . . . if you would like to stay in a beautifully restored art nouveau hotel (built in 1927) with modern, spacious rooms and great staff, then you are in luck. The Mayflower Park Hotel is absolutely marvellous, one of the Historic Hotels of America and a delight to stay at. The hotel is conveniently located near the centre of Seattle, Macys and the Eastlake Centre (shopping mall) from where the monorail runs to the Space Needle. Pike Place Market is an easy 10 minute walk away as is numerous restaurants, shops and attractions. The Andaluca Restaurant within the hotel is Mediterranean style, serves breakfast and dinner and Olivers bar also serves light meals and well as drinks. The Mayflower Park Hotel is the only place to stay in Seattle.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (484)
  • Korean first
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I love old hotels and will often choose one over many of the newer chains. So when choosing from the many hotels in downtown Seattle, I picked the Mayflower Park. It is a beautiful old lady. Like similar hotels of the era, the rooms are smaller and bathrooms are smaller than you would find in a typical chain hotel these days. But the room was spotlessly clean and extremely comfortable with a good bed and ample pillows. There was no charge for wi-fi which I appreciated very much. The Mayflower Park was quite similar to the Parker House in Boston, but a better value. Their restaurant, Andaluca served the best french toast I have ever eaten. The location was close enough to Pikes Place Market and the waterfront to walk. There were many restaurant choices nearby. I would definitely stay there again.

Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This hotel is very well located for public transportation, just a short block from the monorail and transit link, which saves lots of time and money and is right in the heart of Seattle's impressive retail district. Pike Market is not far away. The staff is friendly and helpful, and most amenities are available.
For such a plush looking property, I was, however, surprised that hot coffee was not offered in the lobby in the mornings, although one could make it in the room. Another con was the shampoo and cream dispensers which were attached to the wall and very hard to operate. Overall, despite the antique, lush decor, we felt it was on par with a very nice 3 star hotel. Due to its age, I believe many rooms are configured differently. We had a small mini-bar with fridge which was nice, but the bathroom was quite small and the large jacuzzi tub was in a part of the bedroom. It was serviceable but strange. Lots of mirrors and adequate outlets helped compensate for the small bathroom. Surrounding downtown buildings make rooms somewhat dark. But this is a comfortable base if you plan to be out and about a lot.

1 Thank Chinana
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Very good. Room clean and tidy. Staff polite. In a good spot for walking to Pike market and great if you getting a Norwegian Cruise.Also great for picking up monorail to Seattle Tower and if you arrive at the international airport you can catch a train all the way here really cheaply. Top Tip!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank bowdenkeith
Virginia
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stepping into the massive lobby with its thick, decorative moldings and elegant furnishings we knew we were in a special lodging. As has been stated many times on Tripadvisor the customer service here is at a high level. Our room on the 11th floor, also a high level, had two beds and, surprisingly, two bathrooms. We could have used more space to store our things, but the two bathrooms made up for that. We asked for a refrigerator, and it was brought to the room quickly. We did miss a microwave, but I'm sure there is a good reason for not including them in this older building.

The location was wonderful. The concierge gave us a route to walk so as to avoid the steepest hills leading to the Pike Place Market. There is a pharmacy, Bartells, just a block away. They have food items as well as anything else you may need. The concierge recommended the Blue Acres Seafood restaurant, a 4 block walk, and we had a very enjoyable meal there. Within a couple of blocks of the hotel is all of the shopping one could desire in a lifetime, although we didn't go to Seattle to shop. The proximity of the monorail to the hotel was also a major plus in going to the Space Center area.

This was our first trip to Seattle, and we couldn't have picked a better hotel as a base from which to explore the city.

Room Tip: Although our high floor overlooked the rooftop of the Mariner's building across the street, it a...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank VirginiaTravelersrus
Boerne, Texas
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed the first and last night of our trip to Washington and each time our room was upgraded to a suite. The rooms are quite luxurious - the mostly white tile bath had what was probably the original tub but in perfect condition and it had been upgraded with a great shower. It is close to the light rail terminal and to Avis/Budget car rental (just around the corner). Also to the Market. The hills going down to the water are not as steep there as those a little farther down. The restaurant served wonderful breakfasts which is the only meal we ate there. The lounge is quite pleasant also. The staff were professional, friendly and very helpful - we had some time to kill after we checked out the first time and they kept our luggage for us until it was time to pick up our rental car.

Calgary
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The elevators were old, slow, and there were only two of them (the hotel is almost 100 years old!). That is the only slightly negative thing I have to say about the hotel. It was amazing in every other way and if I return to Seattle, it will be to the Mayflower!

I booked my Seattle trip as a package deal through Expedia, so I had a selection of downtown hotels to choose from that were all similar in price (ranging from moderate to very expensive, according to my guide book). I picked the Mayflower Park because it was offered free wifi.

I arrived at the hotel quite early (around 11 am) due to my flight situation. I figured I would probably just leave my bags and go exploring. However, it turned out that a room was ready and I was able to check in immediately. This won't always be the case of course, but it's nice to find a hotel that gives you that option when there is an opening. The room I got was great. The rooms aren't large, but they are certainly comfortable. There was a bed, desk, wardrobe with television, and chair, and you could easily walk around the room. However, if you are used to giant hotel rooms, you may be disappointed. I had a corner room on the tenth floor. The upper rooms are great, because they put you up above some of the surrounding buildings, but then of course, you have that elevator ride. Everything was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Oh yes, and the wifi worked great!

The hotel is also in the perfect location! There is a relatively new light rail transit system that goes from the airport to the Westlake Centre (next door). It is easy to figure out and you don't even need to go outside, as the two buildings are connected via walkway (choose the Nordstrom's exit from the transit tunnel which will take you to the lower level of the Westlake Centre). From the hotel, you can pretty much walk to any downtown attraction in 5-30 minutes. Pike Place is a few blocks away. The piers where you can catch some of the sightseeing cruises is about 15 minutes walk. Seattle Centre (Space Needle, Experience Music Project, etc.) was less than 30 minutes walk, although I took the monorail to try it out. The monorail station is also part of the Westlake Centre, so again, right next to the hotel.

Shortly after I checked in, the front desk called up to make sure everything was all right. The staff were all very friendly. I ran into what I assumed was a maintenance worker one day (while waiting for the elevator) and even he was friendly, chatting about baseball and mentioning that the front desk had umbrellas you could borrow, if it was raining.

I ordered room service for breakfast one morning, which came quickly and was delicious. If you are going to order breakfast, be sure to check out the full room service menu before ordering one of the express breakfasts on the door card. Ordering off the full menu didn't take any longer and it had many more delicious-sounding choices!

When I went to check out, everything went smoothly and I was able to store my bags for the day, as my flight wasn't until the evening.

Overall, this hotel was amazing.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors are up above some of the surrounding buildings and their mechanical syste...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo