“everything and more”

Mayflower Park Hotel
Ranked #17 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 8 October 2009

I spent a Sunday night at this hotel. The room was very reasonably priced, it was at the heart of downtown Seattle shopping and by the monorail. Felt like a 5 star hotel with 3 star prices. Large room, great bathroom, clean, and comfortable. Quiet, which is rare in a downtown location. Close to everything, Nordstroms and Maceys are steps away and the market is very close. Staff were classy and very approachable. This hotel exudes old world charm, class and comfort. Unfortunately, the restaraunt was closed on Sunday night but I had it highly recommended to me by a friend. I have stayed in many, many hotels and would go out of my way to stay in this one again.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo

Reviewed 30 September 2009

My 2 friends and I stayed 4 nights at the Mayflower Park. We had a room on the 12th floor (top floor) with two queen beds and a roll-away. The room was just great ! It was not huge, but was nice and roomy. The bathroom was on the small side, but more than adequate for the 3 of us. The decorations were lovely and the beds comfy. The location is fantastic ! Just a short walk to all the stores and just a few blocks to Pike Place Market, We had dinner (tapas) in the restaurant in the hotel, Andaluca. Very nice meal. We also had dinner one evening at a great seafood restaurant just a few blocks walk away called McCormick's. The staff at the Mayflower Park were exceptional. One day I was reading in the lobby and one of the staff asked me if I would like a glass of water. He then went to Oliver's (the lounge) and brought me back a glass of ice water with a lemon in it, and moved a table beside me, How nice of him ! We would stay here again is a flash, and loved this hotel !

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank VancouverIslandAnne
Reviewed 22 September 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Mayflower Park Hotel for our 1 yr anniversary. Overall, it was a good experience and I would probably go back there again. There were some things that could have been better. First, the positives:

POSITIVES
-Hotel is centrally located. You can walk to everything.
-If you need to get a cab somewhere, the guys out front are the best. They are very friendly and will help with practically anything.
-Clean rooms
-one day we didn't even leave the room. Housekeeping called to check if we wanted our room cleaned and just asked that we let them know if we wanted towels or anything.
-Good pressure and temp in the shower at any time of day.
-Good WiFi. Just call down to the front desk for the password.

NEGATIVES
-the pillows were way too soft! my neck hurt by the end of the trip and we had too much stuff to travel with to bring my own pillow. this is just my opinion, though.
-They got rid of the vending machines. You could either buy a $4 bottle of water in the room (not worth it), or hike it a few blocks to Ralph's market where you can buy the same water for half the price.
-We went to eat at Oliver's lounge, attached to the hotel. The menu at the lounge was not the same as the one in the room and we ended up not being able to eat anything there.
-no room service except for breakfast.
-the bathroom is a little tight. the toliet is practially up against the wall.

The negatives weren't a make or break thing for us and it's all just my personal preference. It's a nice hotel, I would just be prepared for these few things.

1  Thank OnTheRoadWithGen
Reviewed 16 September 2009

From the care of my luggage, the ease of checking in, to the guidance from the concierge staff, the Mayflower Park Hotel provided me with excellent service. My adult daughter was my travel partner and our deluxe room had two bathrooms and a wonderful view from the window. The amenities (robe, newspaper, coffee maker, safe, large screen TV, etc.) were great and a shopping mall was available through a connecting pass way. The concierge staff provided great information and assisted with dining reservations. The location was central to all the sights we wanted to see such as Pike Place Market, the Underground, the Seattle Central Library and many other shops and scenic tours. I would definitely stay at the Mayflower again.

• Stayed: September 2009
1  Thank Adnile
Reviewed 9 September 2009

We just returned from vacation where we spent 4 nights at the Mayflower Park. It was excellent. The service from the concierge to the bellmen was great. Our room was on the small side but it was fine for us. It is an old historic hotel so one has to expect that. The room was very clean and nicely decorated with a great view of the city (9th floor). The location of the hotel was very convenient. We walked to Pike Place in minutes (every morning!), we walked to the Space Needle through Belltown, to Pioneer Square and Capitol Hill. The restaurant in the hotel, Andaluca, had a great breakfast menu (never made it there for dinner). We went to Oliver's, the cocktail lounge, several time and recieved great service, expertly poured cocktails, and even free appetizers one night.
I highly recommend this hotel for a visit to Seattle.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sonoma501
Reviewed 6 September 2009

My husband and I just returned from Seattle where we stayed at the Mayflower Park for four nights. I was not disappointed. After reading reviews about rooms being small, we made sure to book a deluxe room. It was way more than big enough for us. While our room furnishings were a bit outdated, the accommodations were clean, comfortable, and convenient. The hotel is full of character and charm, and the service was excellent. Our room was very quiet (other than a few blaring sirens from the streets below, but we were staying downtown in a large city, it wasn't unexpected). The well-equipped gym, albeit small, was more than I expected from a hotel this age. The hotel is convenient to public transit, shopping, restaurants, and area attractions. Free wi-fi, a manager's wine reception in Andaluca late Wednesday afternoons, and free appetizers at Oliver's during happy hour are just a few of the extras that made the hotel stand out. The only negatives: small bathroom and waiting for the elevator during peak times. If we return to Seattle, we will definitely look into staying at the Mayflower Park again.

1  Thank RadWife73
Reviewed 6 September 2009

The location of this hotel is great as it is walking distance to many restaurants and shops. The deluxe hotel room we stayed in was very spacious. The service was great, too. The bathroom wasn't as spotless clean as a four or five star hotel, but the rest of the room was clean. I would definitely stay here again if I was in Seattle.

1  Thank happycomforttravels