“Good choice”

and 1 more site!
Moore Hotel
Ranked #48 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 7 May 2011

Good location. A little bit noisy because of the street but ok.
A suite with 2 queen beds and a kitchenet. The objective was to have dinner and breakfast in the room with young children.
No door between the 2 bedrooms. Very good beds.

A good choice for the price and the location in downtown.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank peb2011
Write a ReviewReviews (1,107)

Reviewed 17 April 2011

My husband and I like to find interesting, historic inns whenever we travel and this hotel fit the bill pretty well. We rented one of the suites, Room 701, which appears to have been combined from 2 standard rooms into one suite during a recent renovation. I do have to say that I'm pleased we booked a suite vs. standard room as those appear to have been left out of the renovation process and are, well, exactly half the size.
While we enjoyed our stay here, it is probably important to note that older travelers that are less flexible with certain conveniences may opt out of this trendy, historic hotel that is next to a concert venue.

PROS:
-Location. This hotel is right up the hill from Pike Market and walking distance to much of what the downtown has to offer. We walked the whole time to restaurants, bras, the Argosy boat tours, monorail stop, and to light rail to/from the airport.
-Great service, friendly staff. Great knowledge of the tourism opportunities in the area. Let us use their printer for boarding passes for free.
-There was a fully stocked dining room and kitchen, complete with dishes, utensils, wine glasses, pots/pans, wine openers, etc.
-Very nice decor, modern decorations and great attention to detail.
-The claw foot tub and spacious bathroom.
-Lots of windows
-Compared to area hotels, you get a lot for your money here.
-There were no shows at the Moore Theater during our stay, so there was no issue with excessive noise besides general city street noise.
-Very nice lobby/sitting area.

CONS:
-The comforter was a little "plasticy" and there no duvet for it, just 2 sheets folded around it. This quickly came undone and I was a little skeeved by the lack of skin-to-blanket barrier.
-The water temperature would on occasion go from the set temperature to screaming hot, and back. The staff acknowledged this problem stating that the hotel was very old and it sometimes helped to have the water run for 5-10 minutes prior to getting in. This didn't work so well for us. My advice is to aim the water lower so you can escape quickly to the end of the tub.

Overall I'd recommend this hotel. It's not going to be your Westin/Hilton experience, but with a few inconveniences this turned out to serve us quite well on our vacation and didn't break the bank.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank anyaigna
Reviewed 16 March 2011

Excellent price for the location, just blocks away from the the Market. The room had everything you need, and parking was very reasonable with the hotel discount. Very convenient walking next door for the wshow at the theater, and the hotel was quiet. Just wish there was more water pressure in the shower and Internet access in the room.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank skwscrod
Reviewed 10 March 2011

Very Nice hotel with affordable price to discover this city.
The room are big, clean with a small touch of outdating but some are renovated. In the same time you don't pass the day in your room so it's a good deal for this city.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 March 2011

Hahaha. So I booked a room with two double beds for me and 3 of my friends online. And when we got there we didn't have a bathroom in our room, it was down the hall. And there wasn't an option for a bathroom online that I remember. And the room we got was tiny! So we asked the front desk and they were happy to accommodate us for only ten dollars more we got our bathroom, and a MUCH bigger room. But aside from that. Everything you need is right by the hotel! Parking was cheap, After the hotel discount. And the hotel was beautiful. The bathroom and the first room were a minor setback.

• Stayed: February 2011
1  Thank amy3608
Reviewed 5 February 2011

The Moore Hotel is close to everything that is nice in Seattle, I admit, but forget about sleeping if you stay there... The hotel was built around the Moore Theatre and every second day a rock band is playing there.. it is really noisy as the walls are paper-thin.. The rooms are small and cold, but the staff can give you a heater if you ask for it, so that's okay. Overall: stay there, if you don't want to pay a lot and if you care about the location only. If you have greater expectations, forget it.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank christie135
Reviewed 18 January 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel and thought it was exceptional considering the location and the price I paid. I could see the Pike's Market sign from my window. It was walking distance to the waterfront, stores, and seattle center. The bed was super comfy and I never had a problem sleeping. Everything was clean. The room was a little plain, but it had everything I needed. The staff was very helpful to me. They do not have free parking, however, if you do have a car, they offer discounted parking at a secure location one block down the street. Considering the outrageous parking prices in Seattle, the discounted rate was very reasonable, My floor was really quiet, eerily so sometimes. But I really liked it and would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple