“THE MOORREEEEE”

and 1 more site!
Moore Hotel
Ranked #47 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Stayed in this hotel during BC Canada long weekend in August. Pike Market 2 blocks away, if you looing for a budget place anything go to the MOORE (especially in the summer as it is high season). Most COMFY beds ever. Simple rooms, clean. convenient location and spacious. The Lobby is very artistic modern looking. Really nice Front Desk Agents. Elevator is small which i found funny and cute. Each floors have their own theme i believe as i was on the 6th floor and the carpet was leopartd print kinda exotic and when we took the stairs the floor below us was more modern theme. Bathrooms are clean and they made this bunny made out of the towels. TV is a bit out dated but hey we're there for Seattle not TV. I'll definitely come back.

Pro:
- VERY comfy beds, might be memory foam or it feels that way
- Good location, 2 blocks from Pike Market, walking distance from restaurants, shopping, the Space Needle
- Clean and quiet
- Friendly Front Desk Agents

Cons:
- Parking, they dont have their own parking you have to go 1 block away or so to a parking building, to pay they do give u a discounted rate $12 for 24 hrs i believe .
- No fridge, i needed it to keep water bottle cold
- A/C if your staying in the summer time but they have a small fan

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 August 2011

Two blocks from Pike Place Market, you'll find this little gem. And for $100/night (for a Thursday) in this area of Seattle, you'll have a hard time beating the price.

This is a renovated original building, complete with real keys (versus the plastic variety). I felt like I was in an old movie when I walked off the closet sized elevator, down the hallway. It's not one of those all frills included hotels, but you will get clean linens, and basic toiletries, and excellent guest service. The bathrooms have claw foot tubs, and although the shower head was a little low for my height, the charm of the room itself made up for it. I rated the sleep quality as average related to the box spring mattress, but the room itself (on the 7th floor) was quiet.

The location and the charm are two of the best features of the Moore Hotel. As long as their prices and service continue, I would pick this hotel again.

Reviewed 19 August 2011

We stayed at the Moore Hotel for 2 nights this month. We stayed in one of the queen bed rooms on one of the upper stories with a private bathroom. We were extremely impressed with the quality of our room, the price of the room, and the attention to detail in the decor. The hotel maid staff is clearly a cut above the rest: when we arrived they had folded all of our towels into the shape of different animals. They even creased the paper in the toilet paper rolls. The room was very clean and tidy.

The view from our window was also excellent. We had a great view of the Puget sound and other historic downtown Seattle buildings. The bed was comfortable and we slept great.

A couple other things:
1) There are men and women's restrooms on the first floor which is very convenient if you need to use the restroom while checking in or after checking out
2) They have a luggage closet where you can store your stuff if you want to continue roaming the city after you have checked out.
3) The furniture in the lounge are is very comfortable

But, the absolute best thing about this hotel is..... The Location!!

We were enthralled to find out that almost all of the restaurants we wanted to eat at and a lot of the things we wanted to see and do in Seattle were within a few blocks of the hotel! Perfect location for anyone visiting the city. We were very happy with this hotel.

1  Thank Justin_and_Amanda_L
Reviewed 15 August 2011

The Moore Hotel is an old hotel that has maintained its character. There were 12 of us (8 adults and 4 young adults) in 4 rooms including a suite. This worked just fine--people routinely leave their doors open and it's a friendly environment. The front desk staff were helpful and accommodating. The rooms were clean as was the entire place. There is no air conditioning but there are fans in each room and the windows open.
Located within walking distance of the Pike Street Market and lots of other places.
If you want first class and cookie cutter, look elsewhere. We loved it and would stay here again

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2011

We've stayed at The Moore 3 times previous, which, right away, says a lot.
Sure it's older. Sure the rooms are basic. But where can you stay in downtown Seattle for under $100? Not many places.
Fabulous location. Easy walking to shopping and Pike Place and we also walk to and from the Mariners games from here.
Front desk staff are always nice and helpful. Rooms are always clean. My requests for a quiet room are always honoured and I think the beds have all been replaced with new ones in the last year.

Reviewed 15 August 2011

Ok, bad pun. But, I can't say enough good things about this wonderful hotel. Considering how inexpensive and affordable it is, I wasn't expecting much. But, boy was I wrong! For starters, the hotel is only a block or two up from Pike Place Market (which I could pretty much spend all day at!). Each floor of the hotel has a different decorating theme. Rather than boring, normal hotel decor, each floor of the Moore is eccentric and fun, but not tacky. Our room was, clean, and the bed comfy, and we had a wonderful view of the Space Needle from our window. Not to mention, the awesome old Moore Theater attached to the hotel (I'm a sucker for old, classic theaters). Hotel staff was friendly, too. My boyfriend accidentally left something in the room, and they mailed it back to him after we left. I'm not sure when I'll be back in Seattle, but when I am, I know that I'll be staying here.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2011

My husband and I, reeling from the $500 cost of a two-night stay in a popular chain hotel in Portland, made it a point to search for a less expensive option in Seattle. We're both glad we did. The Moore Hotel was comfortable, quiet, and clean. We even had views of the Seattle Harbor from our seventh-floor room! And it cost us only $100 a night, including tax!! It was a fabulous deal. (The only drawback that we saw is that the room wasn't air-conditioned. But we were comfortable and cool regardless.)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family