“Helpful staff, great location!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Moore Hotel

Moore Hotel
Ranked #48 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Helpful staff, great location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

I chose the Moore Hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews and was very pleased with my choice. I wanted a hotel that I could get to easily by rail from the airport, and the Moore fit the bill. The rooms are spacious and very clean. Our room had a bit of a view of Pikes Market and the waterfront. The front desk is extremely helpful, Robert and Tracy were awesome! They helped with bus schedules, restaurant recommendations, and loads of general Seattle information. The room was a bit chilly, but the front desk was quick to offer extra blankets, so we were very comfortable. Even though the rooms do not have a small refrigerator, I bought some cheese at Pikes that the staff was kind enough to store for a couple of days in their refrigerator :-) We were not interested in a hotel with a fitness center or big restaurant, so the Moore was a great option for saving a bit on the room rate so we could enjoy more activities. I would definitely recommend it to my friends and I will stay there again. Another tip - consider buying the Seattle City Pass!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

I read thNe reviews, saw the location and price and decided that booking a room here was a good idea. My advice:don't do it people, just don't. Go for a brand name hotel, and pay a little more. That way, if something goes horribly wrong, you may have a shot at getting some kind of resolution.

This is a true story, swear to God: my husband went to wipe himself off with a towel-twice while taking a shower and both of the towels had fe..s on them. Yes, fe..s. He flipped out and took the towels to the front desk. The manager was not there, and upon checking out, I

explained to the girl at the front desk that not only was this appalling, but dangerous.
Particularly to my one month old baby. I also told her, that I did not feel like I should pay for our stay there. I did pay though (Dumb. In retrospect, I should not have), because I just thought
I would settle this with the manager later. My thought was the manager would listen to what
happened to us, and act appropriately. That didn't happen. I emailed "Mike", the manager,
then followed up with a phone call. He basically called m a liar, said that "never in my career
have I ever heard of something like this", to which I replied, "Well I haven't heard of anything
like this either in all my years of traveling, but this really did happen." He then proceeded to
give me the third degree about where the towels were located, when this happened blah blah,
etc. It was very apparent that he felt that this was some creative attempt on my family's part to
get a refund. God, what a jerk. I am POed all over again just writing this. I asked for a refund, he said no, then I told him that I would need to file a complaint with the BBB. He then said, "Go ahead! I don't care, you can threaten me all you want!" Uh, no Mike this isn't personal, just horrendous customer service. Like, on very level imaginable. Whatever. I told him, fine. If this is the way you choose to handle this. I filed a complaint w/the BBB. come to think of it, I think I'll contact The Health Department too.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
17 Thank Jen J
Spokane, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

Stayed here for a concert next door. That is very convenient.
The parking issue is a royal pain in the butt and I thought there must be internet or something in the lobby because it always seemed full in the morning (no internet elsewhere its just an old building) but discovered Sunday morning everyone was sitting around because the parking garage didn't open until 9am. Glad I didn't have to be anywhere!
Booked months in advance and was in for a rude surprise then we checked out and they tried to charge significantly more than the agreed price. There is another place nearby with significantly more to offer for much less but I dig "historic". I don't dig surprises. Eventually the manager made good but it was after I got home.
The restaurant next door turned the music up LOUD one night as if to tell my group GET OUT as soon as we sat down. That was fine, there's an Irish pub on the back side of the block (not the douchey one down by the market place) that had excellent food at excellent prices and the nicest staff we've ever encountered in downtown Seattle. If the other place hadn't chased us off we'd never have found the good place.
The Moore doesn't even know what the word amenity means. What you get is a very clean room with a small TV and in our case a great view. There is nothing else, no fridge, coffee or microwave. The cleaning staff is terrific (cleaned our room twice one day which was funny and sweet). It was November so it was cold. There is no A/C and we don't think the heat ever came on in the 3 days we were there. Waking up at the crack of dawn and searching for breakfast was quite the adventure.
The coffee shop next door (adjacent to the lobby) is terrific. The new owners are great. It kept the cloying damp at bay and prevented me from melting down when I discovered our car was being held hostage after we'd moved all our stuff downstairs and given up the room key.
The theater next door is a great venue but the hotel was just ok.

Room Tip: A car is a liability in this part of town. If you have mobility issues such as can't do a lot of...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank BrokenPants
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

I cant begin to do justice to our experience of staying here last month. Helpful, oddball staff left us wanting for nothing and tolerated our drunken late night ramblings like champs. We thank you, sincerely. The rooms were lovely, remodeled and finished with modern amenities that meshed well with the historic qualities of the hotel. Windows in the rooms actually open! We had a great view of the Puget Sound and Pike's Place was a just around the corner. Tons of Bars and Restaurants within a stones throw. Another thing we liked was that each floor had its own color scheme. One floor reminded us of a vampire brothel, if such a thing could exist. needless to say, we explored the entire Hotel, it was just that kind of place. We all agreed it felt haunted and the receptionist told us that many a creepy thing has gone down there over the years. Anyhow, beds were cozy, showers worked just fine. Room were clean. Ice machine worked as it should. I cant think of a single bad thing to say about our 2 night there. HIGHLY recommended.

Room Tip: If you ask for a front facing room you should have no trouble getting one.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank DrexlerMcStyles
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

Although I had lived in Seattle for 13 years, I had no idea that the Moore Hotel was this lovely! Perfect central location right in the heart of downtown Seattle - made walking to the best places & meeting up with friends easy. I was traveling with my 6 mo old baby & they put us in a GREAT room that was wonderfully spacious with a kitchenette & dining area. Such a pleasant departure from the homogenous chain hotels & great value too. Room was quiet & clean & the staff were the best. Very helpful in every way & knowledgeable about everything from local sites to good music, books & movies! Have already reccomended The Moore to several friends & would absolutely stay there again. You needn't look anywhere else. I looked everywhere & this is the place!

Room Tip: I heard that the inside rooms off the street are the most quiet.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank StacyH13
Surfers Paradise, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2012

The first experience of this place was great, it was the young guy on the front desk he was the most genuin nicest guy and just really wanted to help us, so we checked in we had a private room with own bathroom it was good size and clean and comfortable, the value is great for the price. It's only a couple of blocks away from main street of shop and wharf also a couple of block each way from the nicer restaurants. As I said earlier what really makes this place is the young guy on front desk he really made our stay we would ask him anything and he would be genuinly happy to answer and told us about some of the best restaurants I've ever been too.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LIVINGlifewithGI
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

It's the only place I stay in Seattle. It's in the middle of downtown which is pretty awesome. It's an old, crusty hotel so you have to like that sort of thing. Very popular with budget travellers that don't mind paying just a little more than a hostel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends