“Very nearly perfect!”

and 1 more site!
Moore Hotel
Ranked #48 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Although we had a great time at the Moore and were VERY happy with the staff, accommodations and location, I can understand some of the issues raised in other reviews, and I think it is fair to mention them because everyone doesn't have the same comfort level. The building is old, the floors are creaky and the neighborhood is a little sketchy in spots (just a little). If you have sensitivities around any of those things, you should weigh that appropriately in your decision about whether to stay at the Moore.

My two traveling companions and I (all middle-aged women) were not afraid to walk around the area during the day and into the evening (I might have been nervous later at night), and we found the location to be fabulous! Pike Place Market was a couple of blocks away, the Space Needle and the new Chihuly Garden and Glass Museum were in walking distance.

Robert at the front desk hooked us up with excellent food and drink recommendations, and we couldn't have been happier. It's a quirky little hotel that is very clean, friendly and full of charm. The beds are comfy, and if you are on one of the upper floors you have the bonus of lovely views. Round it all out with really reasonable prices and you have an excellent value! We will definitely stay there when we return to Seattle.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank mybigheaddog
Write a ReviewReviews (1,107)

Reviewed 1 June 2012

We stayed at the Moore twice...both at the beginning and end of our cruise. The first time, we were not happy and looked into changing our reservation for the next week...but since it was Memorial Day, there really wasn't anything else available in the same price range. The inside of the rooms are updated, but somewhat superficially. It seems like they didn't quite finish the job. The first time, we stayed on a lower floor in the cheapest room with the shared bath. There was one toilet on our side of the floor (in a small locked room) or a toilet with shower in a locked larger room. It seemed strange that you needed a seperate key to use the bathroom. The shower room had three inches of water on the floor (water that had come from the ceiling). Although the front desk staff are great, they cleaned it up right away, the bathroom retained the overwhelming smell of the grout mud. Our room was fairly large, but very sparse. You will not find any tissue boxes, alarm clocks, coffee pots, shelves big enough to set something on in the bathroom, hair dryers or interesting art on the wall. It is almost as if no one on the staff has ever tried out the rooms to realize that they are not very traveler-friendly, although they do a nice job of keeping them clean and folding the towels in interesting shapes. I have no complaints about the comfort of the beds, and the staff was very helpful with storing luggage in their locked closet before or after check-out. The lower level room was also very dark - if you opened the curtain, all you would see was the neighboring dirty brick wall just a few feet away from the window.
For our second stay, we spent an extra $20 to upgrade to a private bath...we felt it was worth the money. We specifically requested a room on the top floor and did get a much better view with sunny windows looking out on the street. But although the inside of the room looked recently redone, the wooden trim just outside the windows is falling apart, and it looks like it hasn't been painted since the place was built a hundred years ago - and the windows are so streaked with pigeon droppings (? - there were several pigeons visiting our window ledge) - that it was hard to see out. But the most uncomfortable for us was the neighborhood. We took the light rail to the hotel from the airport with our luggage. And although the light rail felt fairly safe, it did take nearly an hour to get there (including the walk), and there were so many homeless and loitering people around, we felt unsafe walking to the hotel (we took a taxi back to the airport on the return). It felt like the hotel was in a marginal zone between the less safe area toward pioneer square and the safer area toward the space needle. And my daughter lives in downtown Philly, and she was uncomfortable as well. Although I feel that the hotel is trying hard (and I don't like being critical), next time I think I would stay further out-of-town and use taxis or public transportation to travel into the city for the day, or spend the extra money to stay in a chain hotel closer to the space needle.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank DelawarianFemale
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Good value for money, close to pike st market and lots of good bars and restaurants on your doorstep. Rooms clean comfortable, excellent staff on hand to help with maps ect and where to go. Easy choice for around 100 dollars a night.

Room Tip: Had a room on the 6th floor nice and quiet
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angie M
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I always stay here when I go to Seattle. You can't beat the location and the price. Rooms are always clean.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I stayed here for vacation days following a business trip.
Plus: quaint, incredible location for Pike Place Market, good value for what you pay.
Minus: one of the noisiest hotels in which I've ever stayed, despite signing a notice about "quiet hours." The quiet hours don't apply to their building noises or trucks loading/unloading - they just want the guests to be quiet. Only one key per room, and staff watch you go in and out - not much privacy. Desk staff seem scatterbrained - really need multiple people at the desk at peak hours. Difficult to shower in old-style tub. I didn't see any handle bars for people with limited mobility. My tub kept rocking back and forth as I showered. Not especially comforting.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2012

I always stay here when I come to Seattle. it is charming, it is located right near Pikes and all that other fun Seattle stuff, it is affordable.
Unless you prefer super upscale, you will probably find thsi hotel quite acceptable. it is a boutique hotel, it is cute, and fun, and the staff is awesome. have some street smarts with you because the neighborhood has some city vibes. There is a bar right next door, and plenty of awesome food in the neighborhood around The Moore. You will like it!

Room Tip: Ask for the view of the needle!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank SusielovesIndia
Reviewed 24 May 2012

We live about 40 minutes from Seattle, and decided to stay at the Moore Hotel because we were attending a concert at the Crocodile Lounge (2 blocks away) and did not want to drink and drive. I found the Moore hotel online, and chose it due to it's location, and price. I am happy to report that I have no complaints about the property whatsoever. It is an older building, but has been touched up very nicely. The room we stayed in was a very spacious standard queen room with our own bathroom. The decor is simple, nothing fancy. If you are not looking for luxurious accomodations, and need a decent place to stay for a decent price, I would highly recommend this place. For the ladies, be sure to bring your own blow dryer. There was not one provided in the room. They do provide shampoo, conditioner, & soap. Oh, one more thing, is that you do have to pay for parking at one of the nearby parking lots, but that is the norm for downtown Seattle.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple