“You're right in the center of it all.”
Review of Moore Hotel

and 1 more site!
Moore Hotel
Ranked #50 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Hey, this is an old hotel, but they keep up with the painting and the regular replacement of the rugs, and the bathroom are nicely fitted out to 21st-century standards. Our double room was spacious, although that might have been partly due to the sparse furnishing (the room on our 2nd visit at the end of our trip was more-fully furnished, however). Otherwise, very clean and without the funky room or hallway smells that frequently accompany an "old" hotel. No air conditioning (although a small fan is provided) means that some of the city's night sounds might be heard through the open window and, if that happens to include the brief screaming of a very angry drunk, no biggie, right?. The young desk staff (or at this point in my life does much of the world seem "young"?) is responsive to tourists' questions, and check-in and check-out was a breeze.
Its primary amenity is that, if you're there to see Seattle, it's ALL right outside the door, including access to just about every city bus, and a 3-block walk to the Light Rail that takes you to the airport.
In short, I guess this is probably what guide books describe as one of those "European-style" hotels that provide clean and comfortable accommodations at an unbeatable price? If that's the case, I'll be a European every time I visit Seattle.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,108)

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Stayed here only one night and have to say this place has a great location. The hotel and room felt old and desperately needed a little update (smelly carpet for instance) but very much worth the price when all you need is to lay your head for some sleep for 8 hours. We were on the 3rd floor ( I recommend an upper floor to reduce street noise). When we arrived at noon, they could already provide us with a room, which helped us get started on our sightseeing since we had such a short time in Seattle. Staff was courteous and knowledgeable. Due to a deal with a parking garage around the corner, the 24 hour parking was reduced from $30 to $12, a big savings in the city. Bed and bathroom were clean.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Solosport
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We were going to spend only 5 days in Seattle so wanted to be somewhere centrally located and at the same time not too expensive. The Moore Hotel offered us exactly what we were looking for. It is only a couple of blocks away from Pike Market, downtown, and the waterfront, within reach of the Space Needle, a 6 minute walk from the Light Rail which takes you straight to Sea-Tac, not to mention so many other attractions. The rooms are simple and clean, housecleaning is very good, but the hotel is old and has no ac. There's only one ice machine on the second floor so that is a bit of an inconvenience. The first two nights, we had a room right by the shared washrooms (we took a room with a private bath) so we had to endure door banging all night. We complained to the front desk and were promptly given a room further off so we were quite satisfied. The staff was polite, helpful, and knowledgeable. I definitely recommend this unpretentious hotel for all those who have no intention of renting a car during their stay in Seattle. It is in a great location.

Room Tip: Go for something on the top floor, far from the shared washrooms, and if possible, not facing the ma...
1  Thank Moka1234
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Great location, great price. There's no frills, refrigerators, continental breakfast or pool, but you can't beat the price or location. The staff was friendly, and allowed us to store our bags in a locked room until check in time so we could venture out unhindered. I will be staying here every time I come back to Seattle.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Wiscojack
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I have stayed at the W, The Warwick, El Gaucho, and the Holiday Inn... but I will forever only stay at the Moore Hotel whenever I go to Seattle.

I recently stayed here for two nights in August, my fifth time at the hotel over the past two years, and it fails to disappoint. For the price and location, this is the best value in Seattle, period.

The building is historic and no two rooms are the same. I've stayed in their basic rooms with two queen beds. I've stayed in the cheapest room where it's merely one bed without a bathroom (but a public shower/bathroom is down the hall). I've also stayed in the magnificent suites with full kitchen, dining room, living room, master bedroom, and clawfoot bathtub in the top right corner of the hotel.

Despite being downtown, the location is relatively quiet and I've always had a good night sleep. You're in Belltown - stumbling distance to some fantastic bars, restaurants and cafes. Pike Place Market and downtown shopping is just blocks away, and Seattle Center can easily be walked to as well. There is a cafe downstairs (the Moore Cafe) for coffee, and there is a dive bar (the Nightlite) downstairs next door for a late night drink... you never know who you'll see there.

While there's no parking at the hotel itself, street parking can be had in the nearby blocks (and is free after 8pm and on Sundays). There's also a parking garage which the friendly staff will direct you to (5 right hand turns from the hotel and take a left!)

If you're looking for the ultimate luxury getaway, this is not your hotel. If you need swimming pools, gyms, reliable WIFI, Starbucks coffee in your suite - this is not your hotel. But if you're looking for somewhere unique to stay in the heart of Seattle - somewhere with character which is easy on the wallet, once you stay at the Moore, you'll never stay anywhere else ever again.

Room Tip: Any room that ends with 24 is a full suite with kitchen, bathroom, separate bedroom, living room and...
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I stayed in Moore hotel for 4 days and was delighted with my choice. I had an ensuite queen room which had high ceilings, lovely fresh bedlinens and a comfy bed. The bathroom was modern and all the surroundings in the room and bathroom were very clean. There is no A/C but fans are provided in the room. The only downside was the building site across the street where the workers started early and of course I slept with the windows open. This hotel is in an ideal location for everything but has non of the fancy extras but I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone particularly for the price.

Room Tip: Book a queen room with en suite.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank torryquine
Reviewed 18 August 2012

a basic , old but comfortable clean hotel, away from traffice noise
walking distance to the waterfront and Pike market
only used the hotel for sleeping, beds were comfortable, have a shower over the bath, bath plug available at the front desk.
reception were helpful and friendly. would stay there again

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple