“Better than I ever expected!”
Review of Moore Hotel

Moore Hotel
Ranked #47 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Better than I ever expected!”
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I found this hotel on trip advisor as one of the best deals. To my fellow travelers: you have done well. It's not the ritz but it also wasn't a dump. My tips:
1. Ask for a renovated room (they have private bathrooms)
2. Forget about wifi, I heard from other travelers that they weren't able to receive any, which turned out correct. I believe it has something to do with how old and thick the building is, however the staff did a great job trying to assist me and my wifi needs. (Worst comes to worst, you can just sit in the comfy lobby to enjoy the wifi down there.)
3. Location is GREAT! if you're just a traveler who thinks of a hotel as a place to sleep and drop your bags in a safe place, then this is it. It's within walking distance of superb shopping, Pikes Market, and some of the best resteraunts in town.
4. Take the monorail after arriving on at the airport it's a very easy walk from the station to the Moore
5. The only people I would not advise to visit are big families, or people with wheelchair needs. Although there is an elevator at the Moore, it isn't very big. Families may want connecting rooms or complimentary breakfasts, both of which the Moore does not provide.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Reviewed 31 August 2012

The room was a good size, but we didnt have our own bathroom. We had a share bathrooms/showers with other guests and, there was no toilet paper in the shared bathroom. Our hotel room was on the third floor and was directly above the bar on the first floor. I couldnt sleep all night because i could only hear drunk people singing and laughing really loudly. There was also no ventilation in the room so it was really stuffy at night.

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank emilykk9
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 31 August 2012

The Moore it's an older hotel kind of a youth hostel- tons of young people here is retro and chic; with no a/c but that's not a problem at all with the cooler Seattle weather and the windows that open! It's inexpensive but I didn't feel that it was "cheap"; the room was very clean and quiet; the shower's small the beds are basic but you'll sleep great. The staff is friendly and helpful. You can't beat the location is near all the touristic spots, you can walk everywhere! Parking in the downtown area is really expensive so their discounted parking rate of $12.00 helps a lot. If you're into being pampered or having tons of plush pillows or an extravagant bath, this is not the place for you. If you're looking for a clean, affordable room where you won't have to pay for taxis, this is the spot!
They offered me WiFi but I didn’t need it so I don’t know if there is an extra charge for it. They don’t have a valet parking and their lot is a block away, check in time is 3:00 PM, they don’t allow early check in but they can hold your bags.

Room Tip: the back rooms are quiet
1 Thank Sohuggeidy
Orlando, Florida
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,912 helpful votes
Reviewed 29 August 2012

The wonderful folks at Seattle Visitor Center (866/732-2695) recommended Moore Hotel, which has spartan but clean rooms for half the price of other lodging in the desirable Second Avenue area near Pike Place Market. Some rooms have shared baths, so specify your preference for en suite at a slightly higher price. An older hotel, don’t expect upscale accommodations or parking, but with excellent public transportation a car is not needed. The friendly Moore staff assisted me many times during my week-long stay by recommending day trips and things to avoid. As others have said, get Moore for less.

Room Tip: In summer, avoid rooms facing west. Without a/c windows have to be left open during cooler night but...
8 Thank DeanMurphy2020
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 August 2012

When trying to book a hotel for Seattle I found that all the hotels downtown were insanely expensive. Then I found the Moore, which was two blocks from Pike Place and charged $125/night for a mini-suite; one bedroom, full kitchen. I booked it in a hurry. Sure enough, the location was perfect, the room was clean, the property was well maintained if old and with the associated old-building noises and issues, and the staff were friendly.

The one catch: The building has no air conditioning. Seattle weather is normally decent, but I stayed during the middle of a record heat wave. If the temperate were lower, the hotel would have been very nice indeed.

Oh, and the wifi didn't reach my room on the sixth floor. And my room had no view. Also, be careful which room you book; many of them have shared bathrooms though my suite didn't.

Room Tip: Book a suite; they're not that expensive. Whatever you book, make sure to note whether it has a...
3 Thank Scatterburst
Washington, D.C.
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I recently returned from staying 3 nights at the Moore Hotel (we stayed there for two nights, then traveled to a wedding outside of Seattle for the weekend, then came back and stayed another night). I had the experience of two different rooms, both of which I can say were completely satisfactory. No, this is not a luxury hotel, but you really cannot beat the location and the price is ridiculously reasonable compared to other hotels in the area. My only complaint from our first room was the shower curtain was hung in such a way that it basically clung to you the whole time you were trying to take a shower! This was not a problem in the second room, so hopefully it was just a fluke. :) Other than that, the rooms seemed clean and we even had a great view of the Space Needle from our first room. We easily walked down to Pike Place Market in the morning for breakfast and wandered along the waterfront. We walked to the light rail (Westlake Station) in about 5 minutes on the morning of our departure and took an easy trip directly to the airport! We had a better location than our friends who were staying at a much more expensive hotel further away! Overall, I would definitely recommend the Moore Hotel, especially if you like quirky and charming hotels (as opposed to chain, cookie cutter ones)!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CinnyMinny
Stockton, NJ
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Hey, this is an old hotel, but they keep up with the painting and the regular replacement of the rugs, and the bathroom are nicely fitted out to 21st-century standards. Our double room was spacious, although that might have been partly due to the sparse furnishing (the room on our 2nd visit at the end of our trip was more-fully furnished, however). Otherwise, very clean and without the funky room or hallway smells that frequently accompany an "old" hotel. No air conditioning (although a small fan is provided) means that some of the city's night sounds might be heard through the open window and, if that happens to include the brief screaming of a very angry drunk, no biggie, right?. The young desk staff (or at this point in my life does much of the world seem "young"?) is responsive to tourists' questions, and check-in and check-out was a breeze.
Its primary amenity is that, if you're there to see Seattle, it's ALL right outside the door, including access to just about every city bus, and a 3-block walk to the Light Rail that takes you to the airport.
In short, I guess this is probably what guide books describe as one of those "European-style" hotels that provide clean and comfortable accommodations at an unbeatable price? If that's the case, I'll be a European every time I visit Seattle.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple