“Good value for what you will pay..”
Review of Moore Hotel

Moore Hotel
Ranked #48 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Melbourne
“Good value for what you will pay..”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Hotel is in a pretty good location and easy to get to from the airport. No aircon in the rooms might make it hard to sleep during the summer. Area around the hotel is generally safe although there are homeless people in the area but i found them harmless.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Western NY
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We took the metro train from airport and from the Westlake Station it was just a couple of blocks to the hotel. It is a vintage place, with lots of character. Our room was very clean, with ample closet space and up-dated bathroom. The bed was extremely comfortable and even though it was hot in Seattle, the lack of AC was no problem. There was a quiet little fan that kept the air moving so we could be comfortable. Our room faced 2nd Avenue and we had the windows open but the street noises were not a problem. We found the desk staff to be extremely courteous and helpful. Now for the best part of the Moore Hotel-LOCATION!!!! Being right downtown we were able to get to the Market and to public transportation easily. The other giant advantage of the Moore Hotel was the remarkable rates. If we return to Seattle, we will definitely stay at the Moore.

1 Thank Susan&David
anacortes
Reviewed 29 August 2013

when we pulled up i was disappointed it looked old and used after the hubby checked in and we went to our room i was so happy it was old yes but so clean and well taken care of the towel animal on the bed was the best thing ever [i say its a pig the hubby says its a dog] what it is for sure is awesome i will come back and stay totally a wonderful find this is a real hotel thank you for being so awesome

Room Tip: get a room on the alley side a little more quiet you even can look out and see the ferns grow...
Washington
Reviewed 28 August 2013

This hotel is a joke! I was in town for my best friends wedding when we were greeted with horrible service from the Moore Hotel. There was a tall dark haired lady working the desk on 8/25 who was very rude to us and cared nothing of our situation. A couple of gals from the bridal party planned to meet us at the hotel to get their hair done up for the wedding. My boyfriend and I showed up and waited for our friend to come down to the lobby -- after being upstairs for 10 minutes we came back down to help load stuff up. The lady at the front desk accused me and my boyfriend of "running off" when she was trying to get us to sign a form allowing us in the room (for 2 hrs!). We sat in that lobby for 10 minutes before our friend showed up, couldn't she have asked for our signatures then?!

I have worked for a hotel for 3.5 years and I know that nothing is EVER written in stone and exceptions can always be made. I fail to understand why the Moore Hotel couldn't make an exception for my friend....it was her wedding day! At my hotel, we take extra care of large groups that bring in multiple rooms and we welcome wedding parties and their families. I was blown away at the coldness we received and I will never stay at this hotel again...not to mention the rooms are bare and its a rip off...but besides that everything was horrible....bad service, poor value, didn't stay long enough to sleep, location is a nightmare, parking is @ least $15/night.

Very very sad situation -- how could someone be so cold and rigid on one of their guests wedding day?! If I ever treated the guests at my hotel like this I would be fired - no questions asked. They lost several rooms because of this stunt and I'm still blown away by the entire event....

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

Stylish, ample, modern, clean rooms with friendly service in historic downtown Seattle. Hotel's lounge is a fine place to enjoy coffee from next door and rest of hotel is all old-fashioned dark wood paneling and stairs. Great place to stay on a budget. Great coffee shop adjacent! I was amazed at the size of my room. Cons - careful of "local color" later at night. Poor "views." My view was practically comic - literally a featurless gray brick wall.

• Stayed August 2013
Jerome, Idaho
Reviewed 28 August 2013

This hotel is perfectly situated for exploring all the tourist attractions. Light rail to the hotel and no car was necessary. It was very hot the day we arrived (August 21st) and the small fan really didn't cut it. But I understand that is very unusual to be so hot. The hotel was clean and the beds comfortable. We felt the front desk staff very helpful with directions, restaurant recommendations and printing our boarding passes. One drawback that was not the hotel's fault - there was heavy construction right outside the hotel and they moved an immense crane in at around 5 AM! The noise was awful!! I also would have liked a coffee maker in the room.

Room Tip: If you don't need two beds, the rooms away from 2nd would be more quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Auburn, Washington
Reviewed 27 August 2013

My fiancé and I had reserved a room for August 24th and August 25th for our wedding that was taking place on the 25th at Lake Union. We have both stayed at the Moore numerous times before and have never had any issues with the hotel or the staff. Sadly to say this last experience was absolutely horrible. I was not aware that no visitors were allowed in the rooms at the Moore. I had never seen anything on your website or in any email that I had received concerning my reservation. I did finally see a small sign on the front desk though. On the 25th, the day of our wedding, we were having a few people in our bridal party come over to have their hair done for the ceremony. They were only going to be in our room for 30 minutes to an hour tops and they were all not going to be there at the same time. When the first people arrived the front desk informed me of the no visitor policy. I explained the situation with our wedding and asked if it would be ok to continue because we were on a tight schedule for the wedding. The front desk ladies were extremely and blatantly rude in everything that they said. It finally got to the point where I had to tell them that I was checking out and wanted a refund for the night of the 25th that we had not stayed yet so we could go find a hotel that would allow us to have a few people in our room to prepare for the wedding. This whole fiasco set our wedding behind schedule two hours. Once I informed the front desk that I wanted to check out and get refunded they became even more rude and before I could even go back upstairs to my room very angrily said "Well, you need to get all of your stuff out of your room. I'll give you until 1pm". It was 12:45 at the time. Then when I was walking out the front door, both arms so full of stuff that I had to use a foot to open the door, the front desk yells across the lobby at me "Hey I need your room key!". They were so rude and impatient that they didn't even want to give me time to set my stuff in my vehicle before giving the room key back. This is by far the worst experience that I have ever had at any hotel in almost 30 years. My card was swiped and charged for $225 on the day that I checked in. I called last night to check on the status of my refund and the guy was rude in trying to tell me that my card had never been charged. I will never even think about staying at the Moore again and will tell everybody I know that they should do the same. I will also find as many message boards and blogs that I can to spread the word of how rude the employees are. I even saw the front desk employees be extremely rude to other guests as well. One of the times I walked up to the front desk it took the lady almost 3 minutes to finish texting on her Iphone before she acknowledged my existence and simply said "What's up?"

3 Thank billy e