“Best deal in Seattle”

Ranked #49 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Randers
“Best deal in Seattle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

For the price, it does not get any better. Location is prime, and room are OK. No breakfast, and a bit of noise from the street. The lift is small and there is only one. Beds are fine and water pressure ok even on 5. floor.

1 Thank EnClair

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night, in a 1 Queen bedroom and shared bath. The downtown location is amazing and the price was very good compared with anything with that great of location. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room very spacious and clean. It had a little sink and mirror which was nice. The shared bath was a little weird and the place is definitely old. My boyfriend thought the place was sort of creepy, but I thought our stay was good because of the location and price. One negative was that the wifi was terrible, which was annoying when we were trying to look things up. Overall I would stay there again!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

This hotel is probably not for everyone; some rooms have shared washrooms, and thus have somewhat of a 'hostel' feel. That being said, I only spend approximately 8 hours per day in my hotel room - and all of that is spent sleeping - so I don't feel like wasting money on fancy accommodations. So, for the price, this hotel CANNOT BE BEAT. I 'splurged' and got a room with a private washroom (well worth the small extra fee), and was thrilled with how close everything was to this location. Staff were friendly, room was surprisingly spacious. What's not to like about the Moore Hotel!?

My only complaint/concern is the area in general at night: I found downtown Seattle to be a bit of a ghost town, and as a younger Canadian female, I did - at some points - feel scared.

Regardless, if you're a younger or cheaper traveler, this is the place to be - hands down.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money to get a private washroom - the shared washrooms are a bit dark and I recall a...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Heather198777
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

The Location of this hotel on Virginia and 2nd Avenue is amazing, just walking distance from Pike Place Market, Space Needle, Seattle Waterfront, Seattle Aquarium. Also the hotel is just 5 mins walking distance from Westlake Metro station which connects downtown to Seatac Airport.
The Hotel Staff was very friendly and helpful, they helped me on how to reach the Boeing Future of Flight in Everett using the local metro system at even printed out the instructions for me.
The coffee shop in the hotel serves amazing waffles and coffee for breakfast.
Although i had to check out at 11 AM, hotel very kindly let me keep by bags with them till 7 pm without any charge or fuss! They are just happy to help the tourist with information on places and with directions and recommendations on best place to grab a bite depending on our mood for the day!
The shared bathroom was not a problem, though they do not provide any toiletries, one needs to carry our own soap and stuff, towels are provided by the hotel

Room Tip: Book a room facing 2nd Avenue, you will get a good view of the Elliot bay from the higher floor roo...
Lethbridge Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights in a double queen with private bath. Staff were friendly and courteous. We were in walking distance of Pike Place, waterfront and Pioneer Square. Lots of shopping, restaurants close by. If you prefer high end hotels with all the amenities, then this is not the place for you, but if you are looking for a clean room with comfortable beds and reasonable rates for downtown then this is the place. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I recently stayed at the Moore Hotel in downtown Seattle for 7 nights. Here are a few of my thoughts: The staff were all super friendly and knowledgable of the area. Our room (we opted for the double queen beds with our own private bath) was simple and clean. It did not lack any amenities that I am used to having when staying in chain hotels (think Best Western, Holiday Inn etc). The bedding has all been updated and was nice and fluffy! Housecleaning did a great job in keeping our room tidy and our bathroom stocked with plenty of towels. Not having an air conditioner was not an issue at all. We were there during the middle of June (temps in the 60-70s). We opened the windows at night and there were two fans for us to use in the closet. It was never hot or muggy in the room. The only negative that we found (and it's not a big deal at all) was the lack of outlets. In order to charge our phones or use the hair dryer, we would constantly be unplugging the TV, fan or lamp.
Our room was right on the street, and I had read reviews that warned against this because of the noise. We are used to living on downtown, loud streets at home so I did not make a request for a quiet room. The street was never loud during our stay. There was only one 20-30 minute time during the middle of one night that it was noisy- besides that, it was not an issue.
The walls are super thick between the rooms- we never heard our neighbors!

Overall, I rate this hotel as excellent. You simply cannot beat the location for the price. I am so glad that we decided to stay at the Moore. We were right downtown (two blocks away from the Pike Place Market and 3 blocks away from Westlake Station where you catch the Link Light Rail.) We had a blast trying all of the local cafes and coffee shops near the hotel. We could walk to just about everywhere (only took the monorail to City Center to see the Space Needle and a bus to West Seattle... everywhere else we walked) All of the shops/stores are accessible, the museum of art, and even Capitol Hill if you're up for a hike (an easy uphill 1-2 mile walk).
And again- the staff was just great. They even put some left-overs from a hearty dinner in their fridge behind the desk and re-warmed them for me the next night.
Book now...they certainly have the best prices for location!

1 Thank Caitlin I
Port Moody, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We booked here after a quick cruise. We had a group of 6. We originally had two rooms booked, but when we got there we were quickly upgraded to one of the suites. The suite was massive. There were 5 beds, 3 queens and 2 twins. The room was quiet, and the sleep was comfortable. The location was excellent, as we were able to walk everywhere from here. Close to Pike Place & shopping.

We will definitely be back at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends