“Great value”

Ranked #48 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Hobart, Australia
“Great value”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

A great hotel in a very good location. Our room was large, bed was comfy, shared bathroom was never a problem, very clean. Would have loved a kettle in our room as we are tea drinkers but apart from that everything was great.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kerin b

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

Completely functional room in the middle of downtown Seattle. Exactly what we expected, clean, secure, basic and functional especially for the price. Staff were all excellent, coffee shop in the lobby was a great bonus. Great lattes without leaving the building is always a plus. Walking difference from everywhere we wanted to go including Safeco field. Will return on or next trip to Seattle.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Whether you are going to a concert, a football or baseball game in/or around the Safeco field; the hotel rates never seem to change.

I've stayed at this hotel a few times since early 2013 with shared bathroom and ensuite options (both are great). Never is there a long line up for the shared bathroom.

The hotel has been newly renovated.

Not really sure what more you can ask for; clean, comfortable, affordable and friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kim L
Everett, Washington
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stayed at the Moore Hotel early in June, 2014. I called to specifically book Room 524 as we wanted a King bed.

Check in was easy, then I parked the car at the garage around the corner (also no problem - maybe not right next door, but still very do-able). The elevator (yup, just the one) is slow, but everyone was aware of it so it was always a convivial ride (and didn't seem like bad waits since everyone waiting was congenial).

When I stepped off the elevator to the 5th floor, I was immediately tickled - fun hallways - faux fireplace, nice mosaics, dark walls, curtain, and striped carpets. The old fashioned wooden room door opened with a regular old fashioned key.

After I opened the door, all I can say is "WOW!" I had no expectations for the room to be as great as it was but it was just wonderful. Big, first of all, and opens to a large room with a wall of windows at the front (that open). Full glass dining table & chairs to the right with two place settings ready to go. To the right beyond that, a horizontally striped mini-hall with the bathroom to the right and kitchen to the left (full fridge, microwave, sink, coffeemaker). There was a fan in the large closet near the entry.

The living room had a full sofa, fun mirrors on the wall, large LCD TV on a large credenza, pottery on that & the coffee table, two chairs. Beyond that, to the side with a paned window door, is the king bedroom with low dresser, movie posters on the wall, chair, prism chandelier & vertically striped wallpaper.

We went to the Mariners game that night (Macklemore bobblehead night!), and my husband, who usually won't leave a game early, left at the bottom of the 8th saying, "Let's go back to that great room."

Our bed was very comfy, and we slept well. Check out was busy (cruise ship crowd) but it still worked fine. Staff was friendly and accommodating.

We would stay here again without question. And one of the best parts? The price of this suite was half or more than half less than any suite anywhere downtown.

What you should know:

This is an older hotel and has nuances related to that (no air conditioning, for instance). We happen to appreciate this type of hotel, and it's been updated with fun style. We stayed early June, on a rainy night, so the windows & fan were adequate. I don't know what'd be like in a hot August.

There is some construction next door, but we didn't hear it over the fan. There are no guests in the room, but that's clearly stated many places.The front desk is busy, but friendly and the guests are quite interesting due to their varied backgrounds (Amish at check in and matching shirt cruise southern cruise crowd at checkout). The shower is adequate but unimpressive (but fun bathroom).

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KimBB418
Calgary, AB
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Moore one night in early August. Very friendly and clean. It is an old hotel, but has many updated features. The rooms were clean and up to date. Well, except for the lack of air conditioning. We were there when it was raining, so it was pleasant with the open window. Also, there is a shortage of plug-ins. Not a big deal. The elevator is small and very very slow, but it gets you where you need to be. The key has the name of the hotel and the room number on it, so we left it at the desk when we weren't at the hotel. The coffee shop that is attached is very nice. Handy as there isn't a coffee maker in the room.
All in all The Moore Hotel is a great place to stay in Seattle. Very close to everything downtown.

Stayed August 2014
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Nice staff. Wonderful location. Hot, hot, hot! No air conditioning or ceiling fans. Tiny electric fans available. Cools down enough to sleep around midnight. Do not go if temperature is above 70 degrees. No maid service provided for one of the two rooms we rented.

Room Tip: Go Anytime but the summer. Great locAtion! But hot, hot, hot!! No air conditioning.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 August 2014

When planning my trip to Seattle, I knew I didn't want a typical corporate cookie-cutter hotel chain. I wanted something exclusive to Seattle and with history. That's when I found the Moore, and I am so glad I did. The location is perfect, within walking distance to everything: Space Needle/EMP, Pike Place, Pioneer Square, the Waterfront, etc. I am a female and traveled alone, and at no time did I ever feel unsafe in the area around the hotel. Or anywhere in Seattle, for that matter. The hotel has the historic charm that I love, with a touch of funky. I stayed four nights in a room on the fourth floor which to my surprise had a view of the Space Needle. The room was exceptionally clean, the bed was super comfy, and the unique bathroom had a beautiful original claw foot bath tub that I drooled over the entire length of my stay. (Not literally, don't worry)

I stayed at the Moore in early August during a heat wave, so I was a little worried about the no air conditioning thing, but my room never got uncomfortably warm or stuffy. I never even had to plug in the fan that was provided in the room. Sure, there is some street noise if you keep your windows open overnight, but it's downtown of a major city- what do you expect?

The best thing about the Moore is the extraordinary staff. Friendly, helpful, just all around awesome. They talk to you like an actual person. Not the typical pseudo overly friendly robotic persona that most others in the hospitality industry put on. I hate that crap with a passion, so it was really refreshing to deal with the real, down to earth staff at the Moore. I also had left behind a small souvenir that I purchased for my daughter in my room, and the staff tracked it down and shipped it back to me. They made my daughter's day, so thank you, Moore staff. You are seriously awesome.

I saw a lot of comments on the elevator being really slow, but I really didn't think it was that slow. It seemed normal to me, but maybe I'm just not used to light-speed elevators? I don't know. I took the stairs most of the time anyway because I really love historic buildings, so I wanted to poke around the other floors a bit to check the whole building out. Each floor has character. I especially loved the mosaic fireplace at the top of the stairs on the fourth floor.

I'm planning another trip to Seattle for next year, and I am definitely going to book the Moore again after the great experience I had with them this time. I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo