“The price you pay for a bathroom”
Review of Moore Hotel

Moore Hotel
Ranked #46 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 2 March 2011

Hahaha. So I booked a room with two double beds for me and 3 of my friends online. And when we got there we didn't have a bathroom in our room, it was down the hall. And there wasn't an option for a bathroom online that I remember. And the room we got was tiny! So we asked the front desk and they were happy to accommodate us for only ten dollars more we got our bathroom, and a MUCH bigger room. But aside from that. Everything you need is right by the hotel! Parking was cheap, After the hotel discount. And the hotel was beautiful. The bathroom and the first room were a minor setback.

• Stayed: February 2011
1  Thank amy3608

Reviewed 5 February 2011

The Moore Hotel is close to everything that is nice in Seattle, I admit, but forget about sleeping if you stay there... The hotel was built around the Moore Theatre and every second day a rock band is playing there.. it is really noisy as the walls are paper-thin.. The rooms are small and cold, but the staff can give you a heater if you ask for it, so that's okay. Overall: stay there, if you don't want to pay a lot and if you care about the location only. If you have greater expectations, forget it.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank christie135
Reviewed 18 January 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel and thought it was exceptional considering the location and the price I paid. I could see the Pike's Market sign from my window. It was walking distance to the waterfront, stores, and seattle center. The bed was super comfy and I never had a problem sleeping. Everything was clean. The room was a little plain, but it had everything I needed. The staff was very helpful to me. They do not have free parking, however, if you do have a car, they offer discounted parking at a secure location one block down the street. Considering the outrageous parking prices in Seattle, the discounted rate was very reasonable, My floor was really quiet, eerily so sometimes. But I really liked it and would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2011

The Moore Hotel was able to do a great job accomodating our large party. It was my friend's 40th birthday and the last weekend of the Picasso exhibit at SAM, and we decided to come to Seattle to do some sightseeing and partying as well as taking in the exhibit. The front desk guy was very friendly and helpful, and gave me a room on the same floor as my other friends. They got me ice from the bar when the ice machine on the second floor was empty, and even let me use the bathroom hours after we had checked out. They let us store our luggage in a locked room behind the front desk after we had checked out (no worries about theft from the car as we went to breakfast and the museum). All in all, they were very accomodating.

The room was very bare-bones, but clean. The rooms retain a lot of 19th century details like high ceilings and big windows that open. The bathrooms have been remodeled. Our bathroom had a shower and no bathtub, but my friends' room had a lovely clawfoot tub. There were no refrigerator, microwave, or coffee pot in the rooms, which I would have liked to have. It was sort of a bother to have to keep running down to the ice machine on the 2nd floor, especially when it ran out of ice. There were plenty of cups, towels, shower caps, soap, etc. The beds seemed a little too soft to me, but I am used to sleeping on a really firm bed. We were on the 4th floor and didn't hear any noise from the street or the bar below. It's really a pretty quiet area, almost abandoned on a Saturday night.

The location is really great. We were able to walk to several bars and restaurants, Pike Place Market, the Seattle Art Museum. Cab rides to Capitol Hill were cheap (7 or 8 dollars) and we could have walked there as well, had it not been raining. I would say the neighborhood is not the best. There were lots of panhandlers and homeless people coming to ask us for money, cigarettes, etc. I was a little afraid of being pickpocketed when I was at Pike Place Market because there were crowds of tourists and also some sketchy-looking people hanging around. This is not a reflection on the hotel, it just seems like in any tourist area people come around to prey on the tourists.

The Nite Lite Lounge downstairs is a cool dive bar. Cheap strong drinks, friendly staff, and greasy bar food, what more could you want? The bar is really big (several rooms) and has a fireplace, which is a nice touch.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank la_blue_girl2
Reviewed 12 January 2011

Room was quiet and very nice, old hotel many rooms recently remodeled. Walking distance to many local attractions. Reminds me of european hotes I've stayed at.
Had large group and everyone was happy with their stays! Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2010

This place is the worst hotel I ever stayed in. My wife and I got into town to catch a show in town we had tickets for. When we first arrived at the hotel and got into our room I sensed that this place was trouble but since it seemed quiet - 6pm at the time - and we drove all day to get to Seattle; we decided to try it out and get some rest.

We went to bed at about 9pm because we were exhausted but did not get much sleep because we were awaken by the neighbor's blasting there music and drinking and yelling at about 9:30pm.

The walls are paper thin so you can hear every word the people in the next room were saying - or should I say yelling. It sounded like there was 20 people in the room all talking at the same time and drunk and loud.

The real insanity started at about 1am when a couple of men started arguing loudly and began threatening each other. They then began to fight in an obvious physical brawl that carried out into the hall, complete with screaming girlfriends and death threats the sounds of a bottles breaking in the room while the brawl continued out in the hall. The fight eventually de-escalated but now the drunks decided to 'talk about it' out in the hall in front of our door. The people who were still in the room decided to put on gangster rap music full blast until approx. 6 am before it stopped.

My wife and I did not sleep a wink the whole night and the next morning when we approached the girl behind the desk and explain to her why we not be returning the next night - or ever for that matter - she said she is used to dealing with drunks in the halls and really enjoys yelling at them when that sort of thing happens there. The insinuation was obvious - this type of activity is not uncommon at this hotel.

THIS PLACE IS A DUMP AND A DRUNKEN FLOPHOUSE!!

Do yourself a favor and spend the few extra bucks and go to a real hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank rv_126
Reviewed 8 November 2010

This hotel was a convenient, low-cost old hotel. The place is a bit the worse for wear but clean and quiet. The staff seemed a bit confused however, gave me the wrong room key then argued with me for several minutes before providing the correct key. The rooms were relatively spacious considering the age of the place and cost per night. Plenty of clean towels were provided and the water-pressure and water-heat were impressive. I had a nice stay and enjoyed this very walkable area of the city. There was no cell phone coverage or internet in the room.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends