“Good Hotel For Business Trip”

Renaissance Seattle Hotel
Ranked #49 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Good Hotel For Business Trip”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I was at the Renaissance on business to attend a conference. I was a little put off upon arrival with the check-in process. I arrived at about 12:30 p.m., well before the 4 p.m. guaranteed check-in. I waited four hours (until 4:30 p.m.) for a room. Others attending my same conference arrived several hours after me and were given a room immediately. That seemed a little sloppy and disorganized for a Rennaissance Hotel property. The staff did upgrade my wife and I to a corner room, which was appreciated. The room had a nice view of the ocean and the Seattle library building. The hotel has good meeting facilities. The staff was very courteous and friendly. The concierge service was extremely helpful in selecting wonderful restaurants and explaining how to find all the sights that we wanted to see in our free time. Maxwell's on the second floor is a great casual restaurant with outstanding service.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear Tim,
Thank you very much for the opportunity to have you as our guest.
I am sorry about the delayed check in, but I am pleased to hear that the rest of your stay was great.
I will share your comments with my staff to make sure we improve on the check in process and with my restaurant staff about the great service they provided to you.

Thank you and I hope we will see you again in the near future.

Rene Neidhart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (537)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Diego, California
Reviewed 30 October 2013

The hotel was very nice and the only complaint we had was the price of our parking. We really didn't need a rental car here in Seattle so the car was parked in the garage the entire 4 days. The room was very clean and comfortable. The restaurant on the top floor was nice and the view was spectacular. The entire staff was very professional!

Dear Sharon,
Thank you very much for staying with us and your great comments about R view our roof top lounge.I agree with you that we have a spectacular view. This really sets us apart from our competition and offers a unique experience.
I hope we will see you again soon.

San Mateo, California
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I stayed here for one night while attending a conference. The hotel is in good shape, clean and looks like it was remodeled within the past decade. My room was spacious - definitely bigger than one often finds in a major city. It was on the 10th floor, freeway side, and there was some freeway noise but not as bad as one might fear. A higher floor would surely be quieter. The curtains operated well and darkened the room properly.

The desk was great for working - it has a power strip setup with 4 plugs (and a power surge protector), plug-ins for Ethernet, to plug your PC into the TV, etc. If you want to stream a movie from your laptop to the TV, this is perfect. Internet was included in my rate but if not then it was $13.95 per day - pretty expensive.

Bathroom fixtures all worked properly. Shower water pressure was fine and temperature went to hot very quickly. Towels were nice quality. Aveda bath products, including an unscented lotion for sensitive skin (hooray!).

I found the bed to be very comfortable and the pillows all had different softness/thickness so I could fuss around and find one that was right for me. (I really hate it when you get 4 identical pillows all of which are not the right size or softness for your neck!)

The only thing I found lacking was there is no full-length mirror.

Fitness center was well-equipped and on the 28th floor so has a decent view. There were about 5 treadmills, one elliptical, one recumbent bike, one upright bike, a hamstring curl machine, a quad machine, one of those standing pulley things for your arms, a rack of dumbbells, and 2 balls. Water cooler too. Overall a better than average hotel gym.

Overall I would recommend. If you want to do the tourist thing, the location is not ideal - up on a hill and a bit of a walk to Pike Place, etc. But, the overall hotel quality is great.

Room Tip: Get onto as high a floor as you can, and if you get a west-facing room you will get a great view.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you very much for your business and your detailed review of our hotel.
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our amenities. I am sorry that you missed the full length mirror behind the sliding bath room door.
While we did do some renovations over the years we will continue this winter with a new health club, new décor in the lobby and a facelift on the outside of the hotel. All to make us look better and to provide a modern updated feel.

I hope you will be back with us real soon.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

The rooms were nice and the bed was very comfortable. The staff was helpful when needed. I ate in the downstairs bar and the food was very good. Workout room was smaller than I expected but good view.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you very much for staying with us and your great review.
I do appreciate your comments about our staff and the lobby bar. On your next visit try out
R view our roof top bar with the great view over the city.
We are planning a new workout room that will be larger and have more equipment. This should be done by mid-February of next year.
Hope to see you soon again.

iowa
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Stayed here Oct. 19-23 2013 for a business trip.. We found the room to be quite clean and comfortable. The hotel has a restaurant and bar which were both nice. Our room was on the freeway side and yes we could hear the traffic on the 15th floor but it really wasn't an issue. This hotel is really an executive stay, I walked everywhere downtown with little or no effort... it is on a monster of a hill so wear comfortable shoes.. if I were traveling with family I would probably select another hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the non freeway side...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear Mark,
Thank you very much for your business and your nice comments.
I appreciate your feedback on our restaurant and the cleanliness of the hotel. Next time visit us on the 28th floor where you will have a great view over the city while enjoying a fabulous drink.
We hope to see you soon.

Fort McMurray, Canada
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This hotel was a short $40 cab ride from the airport. A hotel shuttle was not offered.
Check in was smooth, friendly and informative. They asked the reason for our stay and we told them we were there for our first wedding anniversary. They upgraded us to a king corner suite and allowed us to check in very early. Our flight had us in Seattle at 9am and we were at the hotel checked in and luggage dropped off in our room by 10:30am. The lounge opened and we went for a cocktail where we received excellent service!
The room was clean with large windows and excellent ventilation. Upon returning from an amazing fine dining restaurant recommended by the concierge the hotel had a bottle of champagne chilling alongside some local (and delicious!!!) chocolates and a lovely card. They really helped make our anniversary memorable.
Room service was fast and yummy and the restaurant was good too.
This hotel is walking distance to the market and harbor but save your legs and take the $6-8 cab ride back up the hill.
Overall I would stay here again without question.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for the opportunity to serve you and your great review.
I am pleased to learn about your experience with the lounge, room service, restaurant and the front desk/concierge staff. You touched almost every department and your feedback, that you would return, says it all.
Thank you again and see you soon.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Visited for 4 days and the staff were great. If I had to do it again, I might choose another hotel with a better view of the city. It was however convenient to everything downtown and easy to get to of I-5

Dear John,
Thank you very much for staying with us and your great review.
I do appreciate that you like our staff as we are proud in our guest service.
I am surprised about your comment about our view. We have some of the best view rooms in the city and R view our roof top lounge on the 28th floor has by far the best view of any hotel bar.

I do hope you will reconsider and visit us again.