“Good Location”

Ranked #47 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Costa Mesa, California
“Good Location”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The location was good, central walking distance to everything. The rooms were lacking a few necessary things in my opinion. There were no movies to buy and the front desk person seemed very confused when I asked about it. The rooms were nice, we had two flat screen televisions which was great. The bathrooms need to be updated with fans, they only gave us two bath towels and the toiletries were rather small. It was better than average but it wasn't very good, I wish I could give it 3.5 and a good rating. It was so cold when we were there, I didn't realize they didn't have a pool.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Thank you for staying with us and your review.
I am sorry about not having any movies available for you.
We have received several comments about the towels and will increase the number early next year.
The Aveda amenities are standard sized and are neither smaller or larger than most hotels.

We hope you like our location and view so that you will come back to us on your next visit to Seattle.

Rene Neidhart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (531)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Stayed here for a week on business. As a Marriott Platinum upgraded to a small corner suite, Very nice and helpful staff, nice views, very comfortable rooms. Concierge Lounge was smallish and somewhat crowded, especially during breakfast. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you very much for your business and your great review.
We appreciate your great comments about the Platinum service and you will be pleased to learn that we are planning to enlarge the club lounge late fall 2014.

I hope to see you soon again.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 15 November 2013

door in the am. well they dont have a pool anymore and the hot chocolate is gone but its still a decent hotel .really 3 and a half stars but trip advisor doesn't let us fudge. Great top floor bar and restaurant. Corner rooms are spacious and the upper floor room views are fabulous. The concierge lounge is cool as it has an outside area to eat and ruminate. Wireless was a little slow which was surprising cuz this afterall is seattle.

You definitely need to know that the hotel is on a hill so if you walk to the waterfront you get to walk up the hill or cheat and walk around which takes a little longer.

lots of stuff around including the cooly designed library.

Downstairs bar is relaxing and food is surprising way better than average.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for staying with us and your comments.
I am sorry to say that the hot coffee and chocolate service with the wake up call was eliminated 5 years ago. The pool due to infrastructure issues closed a bit over a year ago. In the meantime we re opened the 28 floor bar and renovated the hotel from top to bottom.
I hope that these improvements and our service make up for the other changes.

Thank you again for visiting us and I hope you will be back real soon.

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I'll start off by admitting that I am a Marriott property fan, so when I stay at a Renaissance and it doesn't have the touches I'm used to it's always a bit disappointing. The Seattle Renaissance (part of the Marriott family) is lovely - great lobby and a spacious and attractive room. The person who checked me in was pleasant and welcoming. Now for the down sides - the bed isn't as comfortable as Marriott beds and the pillows are very hard. I was shocked to be awakened by freeway traffic noise beginning at 3 a.m. (no insulated glass on the freeway side of the hotel?). And this is picky, but would be important to some Trip Adviser readers - I had a very difficult time turning on the lights by the bed. The switches aren't intuitive and once located, certainly aren't accessible for many people. All this isn't to bash the hotel at all, just to provide others with info that might help them choose a better room if they stay here.

Room Tip: Request a room that isn't on the freeway side if possible
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Thank you so much for being a loyal Marriott fan and of course for staying with us.
I am sorry you did not like our pillows but I have good news for you, we will get the new Renaissance bedding program in the early part of next year.
Again thank you and I hope we will see you soon again.

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

Perfect location for walking to pikes market and downtown seattle. Also, a short walk from the monorail. It was too foggy on our stay, but I hear the view of sunrise is breathtaking in the winter from the upper floors of the hotel. Clean rooms, friendly staff, overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank so much for staying with us and for your great review.
I am sorry that it was foggy while you were here. You heard correct the view from the rooftop lounge is absolutely stunning, so you will have to come back to see it for yourself.

Pemberton
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Nice property, hotel rooms clean and fresh. Staff were helpful and courteous. Hotel is short walk to downtown core. Hotel is beside highway but didn't notice it as we turned on the fan for A/C unit which drowned out the noise. Pillows were a bit too large for myself, but that's my personal opinion.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Dustin G
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Dustin,
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your great review. We do appreciate your great comments about pour cleanliness, our staff and service.
Thank you and I hope you will be back real soon.

Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 10 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two nights during our stay in Seattle. The hotel is located in downtown and walking distance to restaurants and about a 15-20 minute walking distance from Pike Place Market. It is on top of a hill so be prepared for a steep hike. I nearly keeled over after walking up to the hotel the first time. There is also a Bartell Drugstore a block away which is really easy to pick up for anything that you might need.

The rooms were nice and clean and the front desk was friendly. The concierge was knowledgeable as well and gave us some good recommendations for sight seeing in Seattle.

Overall, the rooms were decently sized. It might be a little cramped for four people but it can fit two perfectly fine. Parking is expensive but I'd think it's about the same price as any downtown parking establishment. We also booked our stay through Priceline since rates can be pretty high to stay in Downtown Seattle but I thought we paid a decent amount for a good stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
We really appreciate your visit to our hotel and your great review.
While it is hilly if you approach the hotel from the western side of the city, it is a much easier approach from the north. I do appreciate your nice comments about our front desk and concierge staff. We truly try to make every stay an experience.
We look forward to your next visit with us.