“Good Value Downtown”

Renaissance Seattle Hotel
Ranked #50 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I have stayed at this property a number of times. Usually, I book it thru a trade show so usually my rate is discounted from "Full Retail". That said, the location is good. Initially, I was concerned that the property was right on the highway, but it was a non-issue for me (even on the 12 or 15th floor). I believe there are around 20. The concierge lounge served a nice breakfast and its an easy walk down the hill to other downtown sights and restaurants. I think there are a large number of properties from which to choose, but you can't go wrong here. Nice sheets, high quality service, perfectly spacious enough rooms for 1 or 2 people - all you would expect from a Renaissance. I will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Right on the highway so anything 15 or higher is fine.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Thank you very much for your repeat business.
We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your next stay.

994 - 1,000 of 1,934 reviews

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I have stayed here before and it has always been a nice stay. At the moment, much of the areas are under remodeling and the major problem is that in some parts there is a chemical smell. Other than that, it was very nice. The staff are very helpful and my corner room was very comfortable. The room is quite large with a sitting area plus the large bedroom. All was clean and tidy. The beds are comfortable with plenty of pillows. I certainly would stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a corner room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Thank you much for your stay and your nice comments.
We are indeed winding down a couple of construction projects, one of them a new health club and a new meeting space on the 28h floor. I am pleased to see that our staff took care of you and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I have read several reviews including some from other platinums before I stayed at this property. Some of the reviews lowered my expectations, which made my experience even more delightful. Great corner room given to me, great top floor restaurant. Great breakfast restaurant, great concierge lounge, great people. First choice next time in Seattle. I was there over a weekend and a home Seahawks game and even with all of that it was quiet and elegant. The people that wrote the bad reviews must have been in a bad mood found no other reason for their comments.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank WyomingLarry

Dear Larry,
Thank you so much for your business and your great review.
I am especially pleased about your comments about the restaurants. We too think the 28th floor restaurant is a great space to spend and view the city skyline.
We look forward to have you back.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Nice enough hotel, but the lobby, elevators, bar & restaurant areas are very heavily scented by what staff said were burning candles. Had the rooms been scented as well, we would have had to check out. It was horrible! The uphill side rooms overhang the highway -we were on the 19th floor and it was very noisy, so request a room on the downhill side. With the exception of the overpowering scent, this is a nice enough property...nothing special...and a 15 min walk to the shopping/restaurant centre so you might want to cab back if carrying packages.

Room Tip: Rooms on the water side are much quieter -the north side hangs over the highway & is quite noisy...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank vak00
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us and your great feedback.
I am sorry that you did not like the scent in the lobby during your stay. As you can see from the next review, same day, some of our guests really appreciate it and most comment very favorable about the scent.
We have listened to pour guests and are starting to install new windows in early February. This should reduce the noise complaint drastically.
Thank you again and we hope you will return to stay with us on your next visit to Seattle.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

I liked the great location and views from my 18th floor room. I appreciate having access to the concierge level with food and refreshments available until 10pm. The rooms are well insulated and I did not hear any noise from neighbors. The lobby was sleek and modern - smelled heavenly. Service is definitely at a different standard and feels good to be pampered a bit and still have the hotel be affordable. I ordered room service - food was fresh, fast and affordable. I appreciated the Aveda bath products.

You walk out of the door and look down the street to the water - very pretty!

Only minor issues: 1) It would be nice if there were robes 2) self parking is $35 per night ($38 for valet). Although, the parking issue might be typical for downtown Seattle.

Dear Nicole,
Thank you very much for staying with us and your great comments.
We do appreciate your great comment about our staff and service especially the nice comments about our room service.
You are correct parking in Seattle is expensive, Parking rates in Seattle hotels go anywhere from $30 plus tax to $54 per night. At $33 plus tax for self parking we are at the lower end of the scale.

Thank you again and we hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Consistently a good hotel. I have stayed here 3 times in the last 6 months. Great service, great location, lovely comfy beds. Check in very good, concierge helpful. Ask for a high floor the views are fantastic.

Room Tip: Only 10 minutes walk from the centre and great views. Don't miss out on the top floor bar specta...

Dear Mike,
Thank you very much for your repeat business and your great comments.
We too love the view and service in our rooftop bar,

Thank you and we hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

We stayed here a few nights while attending meetings at the hotel. At check-in the staff was very helpful and attentive. There was some work being done in the lobby area, but it was not disruptive. Our room was clean and comfortable. The only downside was that the room we stayed in had adjoining doors to the next room, which made the noise from that room very noticeable. Fortunately the next door folks went to bed at a normal hour and things quieted down just fine.

The conference room for our meetings was on the top floor and had an excellent view of the city and sound. The hotel's catering and coffee service for our meetings was excellent.

There usually isn't much to say about checking out of a hotel, but we had stored our luggage for an bit when we checked out so we could grab lunch. The young woman at the front desk who helped us was just exuberant, and most helpful. It concluded our visit on a high note, and we look forward to returning next year.

Room Tip: Unless you are booking adjoining rooms with family or friends, I would avoid a room equipped with ad...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Thank you so much for staying wth us and your nice review.
I do appreciate your comments about the check in and the great service you received on check out.
The meeting room on the 28th floor offers great view of the city and with the addition of the second meeting room and the full service bar we will have a mini conference center availabe.
Hope to have you back.