Renaissance Seattle Hotel
  • Pool
Hotel Seattle(Seattle)
  • Free Internet
1,987 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungetop floornice hotelroad noisecorner roomself parkfitness centerwithin walking distancespace needlelobby barpike placeper dayparking garagefew blocksgreat roomdowntown areapioneer square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 January 2014

My wife and I arrived on one of the busiest day's of the the year, 19 January 2014. You see this was the big day, Seahawks vs. 49ers for the NFC Championship! We had requested an early check in and while this is not guaranteed Marriott has always been good about doing what they can. When I arrived at the lobby to check in at around 10:00 I was met at the counter with and attitude and lack of desire to help me I was taken a back. I was told there was nothing that could be done to even try to get me into my room early and it very well may be 16:00hrs before I could check in. Frustrated I approached Chris Sullivan a few minutes later and explained what had taken place. Chris explained that game day's are usually pretty crazy and this being the big game it was sure to be even worse. Non the less Chris assured me that he would do everything he could to get us into our room. He took down my cell number and assured me that he would personally call me when our room was available. He check our bags and put us at ease. Two thumbs up to Chris!!
Our room was a corner suite that was clean, nicely appointed and ready to go at 11:00AM. Overall our experience at the Renaissance was fantastic and Chris had a lot to do with that!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Dear Mr. Freudenberger,
Thank you very much for your great comment about Chris Sullivan. It was a crazy day indeed. While we can not always accomodate all early check in requests, check out time is 12 noon afterall, we try to please as much as we can. I am glad he was able to accomodate you in this case.
Please come back for a more relaxing 2 days in Seattle.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

I have stayed at this property a number of times. Usually, I book it thru a trade show so usually my rate is discounted from "Full Retail". That said, the location is good. Initially, I was concerned that the property was right on the highway, but it was a non-issue for me (even on the 12 or 15th floor). I believe there are around 20. The concierge lounge served a nice breakfast and its an easy walk down the hill to other downtown sights and restaurants. I think there are a large number of properties from which to choose, but you can't go wrong here. Nice sheets, high quality service, perfectly spacious enough rooms for 1 or 2 people - all you would expect from a Renaissance. I will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Right on the highway so anything 15 or higher is fine.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Thank you very much for your repeat business.
We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I have stayed here before and it has always been a nice stay. At the moment, much of the areas are under remodeling and the major problem is that in some parts there is a chemical smell. Other than that, it was very nice. The staff are very helpful and my corner room was very comfortable. The room is quite large with a sitting area plus the large bedroom. All was clean and tidy. The beds are comfortable with plenty of pillows. I certainly would stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a corner room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Thank you much for your stay and your nice comments.
We are indeed winding down a couple of construction projects, one of them a new health club and a new meeting space on the 28h floor. I am pleased to see that our staff took care of you and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I have read several reviews including some from other platinums before I stayed at this property. Some of the reviews lowered my expectations, which made my experience even more delightful. Great corner room given to me, great top floor restaurant. Great breakfast restaurant, great concierge lounge, great people. First choice next time in Seattle. I was there over a weekend and a home Seahawks game and even with all of that it was quiet and elegant. The people that wrote the bad reviews must have been in a bad mood found no other reason for their comments.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank WyomingLarry

Dear Larry,
Thank you so much for your business and your great review.
I am especially pleased about your comments about the restaurants. We too think the 28th floor restaurant is a great space to spend and view the city skyline.
We look forward to have you back.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Nice enough hotel, but the lobby, elevators, bar & restaurant areas are very heavily scented by what staff said were burning candles. Had the rooms been scented as well, we would have had to check out. It was horrible! The uphill side rooms overhang the highway -we were on the 19th floor and it was very noisy, so request a room on the downhill side. With the exception of the overpowering scent, this is a nice enough property...nothing special...and a 15 min walk to the shopping/restaurant centre so you might want to cab back if carrying packages.

Room Tip: Rooms on the water side are much quieter -the north side hangs over the highway & is quite noisy.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank vak00
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us and your great feedback.
I am sorry that you did not like the scent in the lobby during your stay. As you can see from the next review, same day, some of our guests really appreciate it and most comment very favorable about the scent.
We have listened to pour guests and are starting to install new windows in early February. This should reduce the noise complaint drastically.
Thank you again and we hope you will return to stay with us on your next visit to Seattle.