Renaissance Seattle Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown(Seattle)(Great Value!)
US$242
Orbitz.com
US$343
Cancelon
1,987 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungetop floornice hotelroad noisecorner roomself parkfitness centerwithin walking distancespace needlelobby barpike placeper dayparking garagefew blocksgreat roomdowntown areapioneer square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 February 2014

My friend and I stayed at Renaissance Seattle for two nights a couple of weeks ago while on a shopping trip. I was really impressed with this place, especially in comparison to others in the same category. Fully renovated hotel with modern lobby and gorgeous, spacious rooms. Impeccably clean with extremely friendly Staff. We were greeted by Rocky at the front desk, who made us feel special and welcome- she was perfect. We got a room with a water view, but I have to add that it is only partial water view which is completely fine with me (I love city lights at night). Due to crazy snow storm on our first night, we stayed in the room for the night instead of going out and braving the weather (again) and ordered room service which was quick and absolutely delicious (do try pear and gorgonzola ravioli). Hotel was quiet so we had good night's sleep in super-comfy beds. I would have loved some bathrobes which i expected to see considering the level of everything else at this hotel, but i am not terribly disappointed about not having them. Aveda toiletries were a nice touch, especially because i am allergic to most other hotel brands. Loved the coffee machine and "to go" cups (clever!!!) but if there is one thing i would have changed it is the coffee brand. It was fine but in Seattle- i want Starbucks! :) which you get in many lower end places. We also tried the lobby bar (bad weather again!) and were pleasantly surprised- food was great and very affordable. Andrew took care of us very well- he noticed we mentioned to each other that we want to share our meals (because we could not decide) so all of the food came out already split up on separate plates AND perfectly tailored to our specific requests. I was very impressed! A+ for service. On another note, if you care, Renaissance has a dedicated smoking section that's actually quite cozy complete with benches, table and a heater! It is completely out of the way on the back of the building so nobody is bothered yet smokers don't feel like second grade citizens.
Parking is steep as everywhere else but go for valet because the garage can be tricky. Location, even though facing hwy, is great and a nice short 5min walk to Pike street. I loved it, and out of all the places I've been to in Seattle-and there has been a few- i like this one the most.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thank you for staying with us and your great review.
We do appreciate your nice comments about our service especially your server in our lounge. We do understand that great service makes all the difference for our guests.
Seeing that you live in Vancouver we hope to have you back with us real soon.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Good service - all hotel employyees are polite and fast. Breakfast in hotel was fast and tasty. Bonuses-surprises from servers like small smoothies and tasty cakes improves was making begining of my day awesome :)
View from apartment in 21 floor is awesome!

Room for improvement - internet. It was not stable. To make voice call wasn't always possible.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for staying with us and your great review.
We do appreciate your nice comments about our hotel.

We hope you have a chance to come back.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

This was an excellent stay in Seattle. It is part of the Marriott chain, but much nicer than your average Marriott. Keys to a great stay in my book are: good lighting (don't like caves), great view, very comfortable bed and pillows, good water pressure, and a clean room that isn't crowded. No A/C noise and a constant temperature was a real plus. It's in a good location, easily accessible from the airport. And, coming in late and having to work when I arrived, I ordered a club sandwich from room service. Very good, fresh food, excellent service. The only issue I would have, and my pet peeve, is Internet. This is the 21st century, and Internet access should be free as a basic perk at every hotel. I didn't pay (being Marriott rewards), but the going rate was $12-15 for 24 hours. If I am consuming something (say, a sandwich), then I could understand. But basic Internet doesn't impact hotel services at all.

A great hotel, great location. I'll be back.

Room Tip: The higher, the better
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SaltWaterCroc

Thank you for staying with us and your review.
We do appreciate your nice comments about our staff, the great food
and the cleanliness of the room.
We look forward to have you back with us.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

This was my second visit. Warmly welcomed by front desk who then upgraded to a suite on a high floor with great views of downtown Seattle. Walking distance to all the great shopping, Fifth Avenue and Paramount theaters and restaurants. Wear comfortable shoes as the hills can be a challenge.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing west/northwest to minimize from the noise of I-5 traffic
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank AJH0726
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Welcome back,
We are so glad you came back and want to thank your for your continued patronage.

Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

I stayed here three nights. The room rate compared to the room itself was really not worth it. You can tell they spent money in the lobby & the elevators. Unfortunately guests sleep in the room. The room iron was cheap, the thermostat was not working properly initially, a knob on one of the lamps kept falling off making it difficult to turn on/off, and when turning on the TV the audio would come through but there was no image. It was a black screen. Simply not worth it.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Geovani,
Thank you for your business and your review.
I am sorry we were not able to completely satisfy you. I will share your comments with the housekeeping and engineering team to insure we fix those issues right away. Indeed these problems should not exist and as the other reviews show are isolated issues.
We thank you for your patronage and hope you will return to visit us on your next trip to Seattle.