Renaissance Seattle Hotel
US$197
US$151
Official Site
  • Restaurant
Best Western Executive Inn(Seattle)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$141
1,987 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungetop floornice hotelroad noisecorner roomself parkfitness centerwithin walking distancespace needlelobby barpike placeper dayparking garagefew blocksgreat roomdowntown areapioneer square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My fiancé and I came to Seattle for a little vacation and stayed here after finding the hotel on Priceline.com. Checkin went smoothly and we went upstairs to our room. Room was dirty. Carpet looked as though someone had spilt coffee grounds everywhere and it wasn't vacuumed up. Hair all over the bed and bathroom. We went downstairs to grab lunch because we had arrived early and was not impressed with the service at Maxwells. We waited 15 minutes to be sat at a table even though the restaurant was dead. We went out and did some sightseeing through out the day and came back to finish our night in the lower bar. When we arrived we were told that the bar was closing at 12 instead of the normal 1am closing. The bartender was very rude and served our drinks in hot glasses that had just come out of the dishwasher. We gave up there and went back to our room. The next morning at checkout we requested our car so we could get a bit more sightseeing done (we valeted our car). We waited 40 minutes before someone told us that they had left our lights on the day before and now they had to wait to have someone come jump our car!! Another hour later they finally brought our car around. And we were still charged the $50 for valet parking! We will never stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Mizchef
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us and your feedback.
While we try very hard to insure that every guest is satisfied, it is obvious that in your case we were not successful and for that we apologize.
We are contacting you directly to review your stay with us and in the meantime we will use your experience as a training tool to insure that we do not repeat our mistakes and to guarantee a better stay for our guests.
Again thank you for sharing this with us, and I hope that your last experience will not deter you from returning to our hotel on your next visit to Seattle.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

PriceLine deal on a brand that I love and in a great city. Disappointed with the ergonomics of the room. Shower steam continuously steamed up the whole room. Best thing about the hotel is the view and how close it is to pikes market .

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us and your comments
I am sorry about the steam in your bathroom. I am not sure why the ventilation would not have worked.
I do not understand what you mean by the ergonomics of the room, I would love to hear more from you about that. Please contact me at Neidhart@renaissanceseattle.com
Again thank you for your visit and I look forward to hear from you.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

My friend and I stayed at Renaissance Seattle for two nights a couple of weeks ago while on a shopping trip. I was really impressed with this place, especially in comparison to others in the same category. Fully renovated hotel with modern lobby and gorgeous, spacious rooms. Impeccably clean with extremely friendly Staff. We were greeted by Rocky at the front desk, who made us feel special and welcome- she was perfect. We got a room with a water view, but I have to add that it is only partial water view which is completely fine with me (I love city lights at night). Due to crazy snow storm on our first night, we stayed in the room for the night instead of going out and braving the weather (again) and ordered room service which was quick and absolutely delicious (do try pear and gorgonzola ravioli). Hotel was quiet so we had good night's sleep in super-comfy beds. I would have loved some bathrobes which i expected to see considering the level of everything else at this hotel, but i am not terribly disappointed about not having them. Aveda toiletries were a nice touch, especially because i am allergic to most other hotel brands. Loved the coffee machine and "to go" cups (clever!!!) but if there is one thing i would have changed it is the coffee brand. It was fine but in Seattle- i want Starbucks! :) which you get in many lower end places. We also tried the lobby bar (bad weather again!) and were pleasantly surprised- food was great and very affordable. Andrew took care of us very well- he noticed we mentioned to each other that we want to share our meals (because we could not decide) so all of the food came out already split up on separate plates AND perfectly tailored to our specific requests. I was very impressed! A+ for service. On another note, if you care, Renaissance has a dedicated smoking section that's actually quite cozy complete with benches, table and a heater! It is completely out of the way on the back of the building so nobody is bothered yet smokers don't feel like second grade citizens.
Parking is steep as everywhere else but go for valet because the garage can be tricky. Location, even though facing hwy, is great and a nice short 5min walk to Pike street. I loved it, and out of all the places I've been to in Seattle-and there has been a few- i like this one the most.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for staying with us and your great review.
We do appreciate your nice comments about our service especially your server in our lounge. We do understand that great service makes all the difference for our guests.
Seeing that you live in Vancouver we hope to have you back with us real soon.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Good service - all hotel employyees are polite and fast. Breakfast in hotel was fast and tasty. Bonuses-surprises from servers like small smoothies and tasty cakes improves was making begining of my day awesome :)
View from apartment in 21 floor is awesome!

Room for improvement - internet. It was not stable. To make voice call wasn't always possible.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for staying with us and your great review.
We do appreciate your nice comments about our hotel.

We hope you have a chance to come back.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

This was an excellent stay in Seattle. It is part of the Marriott chain, but much nicer than your average Marriott. Keys to a great stay in my book are: good lighting (don't like caves), great view, very comfortable bed and pillows, good water pressure, and a clean room that isn't crowded. No A/C noise and a constant temperature was a real plus. It's in a good location, easily accessible from the airport. And, coming in late and having to work when I arrived, I ordered a club sandwich from room service. Very good, fresh food, excellent service. The only issue I would have, and my pet peeve, is Internet. This is the 21st century, and Internet access should be free as a basic perk at every hotel. I didn't pay (being Marriott rewards), but the going rate was $12-15 for 24 hours. If I am consuming something (say, a sandwich), then I could understand. But basic Internet doesn't impact hotel services at all.

A great hotel, great location. I'll be back.

Room Tip: The higher, the better
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SaltWaterCroc

Thank you for staying with us and your review.
We do appreciate your nice comments about our staff, the great food
and the cleanliness of the room.
We look forward to have you back with us.