2,078 results
All reviews the concierge lounge top floor nice hotel corner room self park within walking distance fitness center lobby bar space needle pike place market per day parking garage few blocks great room downtown area pioneer square puget sound
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Overall this hotel was pretty good. Standard rooms, but clean and well maintained. We liked the bar area, and the staff throughout the hotel were very pleasant. The bar area does some decent appetisers, and a good selection of drinks, it's a comfortable place to spend an hour.
We only had breakfast in the restaurant, but that was good too. The staff here were may be a little too chatty, but maybe that's me, not being a morning person!
Be aware that the hotel is right next to the I5. Our room, although on the 20th floor, was overlooking the freeway and the noise was very evident. It disturbed my first nights sleep. After that, we ask at reception for earplugs, and these solved the problem.
The other issue is the location of the hotel. Although only may be half mile from the city center, it's all up Hill to get to the hotel. It's okay if you take a steady stroll, but anybody who is less energetic or elderly may find this a problem. Having said that it was only five dollars taxi from the hotel to the down town area.
We flew into Seatac airport, and got the train to Pioneer Square station. That part is all very straightforward, but then we had to pull a suitcase from the train station to the hotel. That was definitely hard work! It's all uphill, and up some very steep hills at that. On the map, it looks very straightforward, but on a map you can't see the hills.
This was a Hotwire deal so we didn't actually choose this hotel. For the price we paid, overall we were happy. However, if I was choosing a hotel, I would definitely choose one nearer the downtown area.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Thank you so very much for staying with us and your review of our hotel.
I do appreciate your great comments about our staff, service and food offerings.
We do pay attention to all feedback we are getting from our guests.
Some guests actually prefer to be a short walk away from the downtown area.

Thank you again and I hope you will be back.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I got a stay at this hotel from a Priceline bid. I know Seattle quite well, so was really pleased with the location. Over weekends, it's a good spot for snagging free parking spots on the other side of the I5, and on Sunday's (free everywhere) just outside the main shopping area. The room we got was on the 17th floor corner suite that had sea views. They gave Aveda bath products which are a little thing that makes me very happy. The gym up on the 28th floor provides great views along with very nice apples and complimentary water bottles. Likewise, the restaurant bar on the 28th had reasonably priced, high quality food to accompany one of the highest vantage points you will find in a Seattle hotel. We walked to the lively, fun Capitol Hill area in only 10 minutes from this location. The check-in service was friendly, fast and personal. The hotel was busy, but these guys have the capacity. Overall, 2 thumbs up!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Thank you so much for your visit and your nice comments about our hotel.
We too like Rview on the 28th floor with its great view and friendly service.
The new gym is 50% larger than to old one and is now located on the 4th floor.

We look forward to serve you again on your next visit to Seattle.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I have been a client of this hotel since it opened. I return for my birthday each year because the service from the staff is top notch. Ken and Mark in room service are kind pros, who are the epitome of service. Lucy @ the concierge is a kind help when needed. Since the location is @ the top of a hill it's a pain to be a wheelchair user, but the rooms are comfortable, yet a bit small. The restaurant R view is too casual, food can be uneven. I preferred the class and style of the former restaurant Prego. See you soon. This is my second review here.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear BBecker,
Thank you for being a loyal guest of ours. We do appreciate your feedback and I will share this with my management team and staff.

Thank you again and see you next time you are in Seattle.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Before staying at the Renaissance Seattle downtown hotel I read some of the other recent reviews here on Tripadvisor, and I was a little worried about my stay. But after my one night stay here, I honestly think those people were reviewing a different hotel. I found the Renaissance to be a modern upscale hotel with great rooms, decor and services.
First, the location. The hotel is located and is easily reached from the 5 freeway and is within walking distance (albeit up and down a major hill) to most downtown landmarks.
The check-in staff was very friendly and helpful and minutes after my arrival, I had my key and was up to my room on the 22nd floor. I found the lobby to be comfortable and modern.
I really don't understand the reviews calling the rooms "tired" and "worn". My room was great with clean modern furnishings and a super comfortable bed. There were a few little nicks in the carpet and in the granite in the bathroom, but people who fuss over that are just being ridiculous. Being a Platinum Rewards member I was given free wifi and it was super fast and easy to use. The room had a nice work desk area, and plenty of space to spread out. I appreciate the little touch of a comfy robe to wear around the room and Aveda products in the bathroom.
I did not eat in any of the hotel restaurants, but did use the Club Floor lounge before dinner and for breakfast. The lounge is just way too small for the amount of people who have access. There was no where to sit at 6pm and was even more crowded at 7am for breakfast. At night there was a simple spread of cheese, crackers, and fruit and a warm appetizer. Sodas were free, but beer and wine were at a fee, which isn't great for a club lounge. The spread at breakfast was find with eggs, bacon, oatmeal, fruit and pastries. Plenty of free Starbucks coffee is always welcome as well.
Overall, I got a great night sleep as the bed and pillows were very comfortable. I like the decor and lighting in the room and would absolutely stay here again my next time in Seattle!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for staying with us and your nice comments.
We are continuously upgrading our hotel and I do appreciate your feedback.
Next in our renovation plans are the new health club on the 4th floor, and this fall a new concierge lounge.
Again thank you and I hope you will be back real soon.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Stayed three nights on a business trip. Within easy walking distance of the Pike Street Market and the beautiful Roman Catholic Cathedral of Saint James (all walks in Seattle are hilly, remember!), this is a highly recommended hotel. I enjoyed the food service and great wines available at the bar, as my work days ended quite late. The room was comfortable and the coved ceiling above the sitting area was an unusual and nice touch; definitely set this hotel apart from others. Bathroom was more than adequate. I used Priceline to bid on this hotel and, while more than I usually pay through Priceline, the 133.00 per night was well worth it. My only complaint is the somewhat awkward hotel parking garage; one drives on the opposite side; just pretend you are in Great Britain!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor facing downtown; great views!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your business and your great review.
A few people have commented on the left driving situation of our garage. Most public garages in Seattle have this because all downtown streets are one way only. This makes entering and leaving the garage easier, you do not have to cross traffic.

Looking forward to have you back.